Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vacation-Day 5

We left Destin on Friday to come home, but not before we made a quick trip to the beach and pool!

When we got down to the beach early that morning we noticed a huge jelly fish. This is a picture of it. I’m not even exaggerating when I tell you it was the the size of a basketball. We soon realized that these were everywhere! There were about 30 or more jelly fish this size along the short portion of the beach we had been at all week! I was glad we were leaving that day!

DSC_0412 (640x428)

Despite the jelly fish, the water was super clear that morning! It was clear all week, but it was exceptionally clear the morning we left!

DSC_0422 (428x640)  

One last swim at the pool before we left!

DSC_0527 (640x428)

DSC_0545 (640x427)

DSC_0575 (640x428)

Here is luggage for the four of us for the week! I thought we packed fairly light considering we were gone a week and have a baby and a toddler! We had a big suitcase, a duffle bag with toiletries, pack-n-play, beach chair for Brody, my pump, and a bag we used for an overnight bag when we stayed in a hotel on the way down. We bought the blue bag to take beach toys back home in and the Cater’s bag was stuff we bought while down there.

DSC_0583 (428x640)

Jillian waiting on Josh and his dad to load the car so we could leave!

DSC_0594 (428x640)

DSC_0590 (640x428)

We could not have fit one more thing in that car if we tried! 4 adult, 2 kids, and all of our things took up the entire car!! :)

DSC_0603 (640x428)

We had a wonderful vacation and loved every minute we got to spend as a family and enjoyed making memories on our first vacation with Jillian! It was a great ending to a great summer!!

Now, bring-on fall and football! :)

11 comments:

The Riedel Family - Confessions of a Marine Wife said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Destin has always been a favorite of mine-- can't beat the beautiful water and sugary sand! And kudos on the packing! I am notorious for over packing. And I, too, am definitely ready for FALL AND FOOTBALL!!

The Timbs Clan said...

Hey Jennifer!! I love all your vacation pictures!! Next summer will be our 1st experience with the beach. I cant wait for all 4 of my babies to see the ocean! I was wondering can you recommended a good place to stay? I would love to stay in a house close to the beach with a pool but Im up to staying in a condo to. Anyway I was just going to get your thoughts! Thanks

Bethany said...

I think you did GREAT at packing lightly! You should see our vehicles when we go somewhere...there's no way we'd fit two extra adults and all of their stuff in one trunk!

The Mommy said...

We LOVE Destin! We were on the pier there once and counted over 10 jelly dish thisclose to the beach.

Kaylee114 said...

That's amazing that you packed for your whole family's clothing in that one big suitcase. Wow, you fit 4 adults,2 kids, and your gear in your car? May I ask what kind of car you have to fit that many people? We are in the market for a new vehicle and would love a good recommendation for a family car. Thanks!

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

Hey Jennifer,

My name's Laura and I am brand new to your blog. After reading other blogs, I saw your blog through Megan (Tale of the Trees) and am excited to "meet" other mommies like myself.

I'm a 28 year old wife and mommy from North Carolina, and I have a 2 year old son, Ryder, and getting ready to welcome a daughter, Brynley in just a few days hopefully! I was a full time working mommy but will also soon begin my life as a SAHM after this week, and I am so excited about what God has in store for my family!

Looks like ya'll had a good time at the beach, even with the jelly fish! Destin looks like a beautiful beach, and I am definitely a lover of all things beach related :) Your family is adorable and I'm excited I found your blog!

Laura
laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

Mommyblogger said...

Goodness, that jellyfish pic is amazing. I'd definitely be ready to leave too though. I have really enjoyed looking at all your beach photos!!!

Jenna said...

I am seriously impressed at how light you packed! Great job! I tend to pack up the whole house then I'm stuck with putting everything back and it takes a sweet forever! And the pic below of Brody asleep at the table is hilarious! Sweet boy!

Sarah-Anne said...

wow, you DID pack light! can't believe that we had more stuff than you did when we went down to the beach a couple weeks ago; ha!
and yes, bring on the fall stuff & football!! :D

Jennifer said...

With you on the fall and football! We recently returned from Disney and I'm not kidding you our car was SO packed it was insane. Much worse than yours actually...I need your packing skills. God help us when we have another child.....Our back seat was filled to the brim and only left room for lil' man's car seat...lol I need to do better next time..haha! I looooooove Destin! It's so gorgeous there! Glad you guys had fun!

Angie said...

I have loved your vacation posts! Looks like you had a wonderful time! And I agree...bring on the fall & football!!!