Thursday, August 11, 2011

Toddler Bed

I feel like it was just the other day that Brody was this sweet  2-month-old baby cooing at the animals on his crib bedding…

crib

Or this 5-month-old playing peek-a-boo in his crib after his nap…

Untitled

Or this 6-month-old having independent play time in his crib each morning.

crib3

Somehow that sweet baby quickly grew into an almost 3 year old boy that spent his first night in a big boy bed last night!

DSC_0669 (428x640)

We transitioned Brody’s crib into a toddler bed last night! He was so excited when he walked into his room and saw his “new” bed. He kept saying, “Oh! It’s sooo pretty! Thank you for working on my bed, daddy! You are my best friend, daddy!” It was seriously so sweet how excited he was about his big boy bed!

Here is our cute boy at bedtime last night. He looks SO big!

DSC_0667 (640x428)

He was SO happy and so excited about this fun change! We love that sweet smile!

DSC_0671 (428x640)

Wasn’t I just pregnant with him, planning and dreaming about life with our baby boy? I’m pretty sure I was! :)

DSC_0672 (640x428)

Now that his bed is transitioned, I’m excited to start working on new look for his room! Hopefully, we will have it completed by this fall. He keeps asking for random colored walls, so as soon as we come to a compromise, we will get to work! :)

15 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

We just made the change to a big bed at the beginning of the summer. It was a huge step for us.

Superchikk said...

So cute! If he'll stay in his bed, you will love the Toddler bed. You can actually sit there with him instead of halfway falling over into it to reach him! (But you're taller than I am, so maybe that wasn't a big deal for you. Ha!)

Kimberley said...

oh i love his excitement! precious!!

Madison's Mommy said...

YAY! He looks like such a big boy! I just love all of the stories you share with us...he is such a funny little man!! Congrats on making this milestone transition!
XOXO

Erin said...

How fun! Amazing how time flies!! I love his bedding- do you have any plans on changing it when you repaint his room? Can't wait to find out!

Erin

Linds said...

I hope he stays IN the bed for you. When we transitioned it turned into a huge battle :(

Amanda Gregory said...

Yay for Brody beiing so excited. We put our little boy in his toddler bed & he has loved it since day one. We haven't had any battles & I'm sure it will go great for you guys! Congratulations!

Nancy said...

Looks so cute & comfy! Such a big boy! Oh I miss those days!!

"The Mrs." said...

So fun....I love his bed!

Colton's Mommy said...

Colton transitioned to his toddler with absolutely no problem. The little rail that came with his bed though is a joke, so I went to Wal-Mart and bought a fat pool noodle and put it under his sheet and it is great for keeping him from falling out of bed.

Julee said...

I just can't take it!! He is growing up too fast! I love those pics of him as baby playing in the crib!

Bethany said...

I just adore your blog and your two adorable children, though I don't comment much on the blogs I read daily (shame on me!). I was wondering though, what made you start doing the independent play time in the crib with your children? What age did you start? I have a 4 month old and after seeing you mention this on your blog for awhile I've been thinking that it perhaps it's something we should try. I just wondered where you got the idea and what the result has been for you.

P.S. Brody is getting so big and looks so cute in his "big boy bed"!

Tonya said...

I have followed your blog for quite some time, but this is my first time to actually comment. Your children are precious!! They grow up too fast though, don't they? Love how proud he is of his toddler bed!!

Jenna said...

Yay Brody! Such a big boy. Ya'll are so cute in that last picture!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

aww yay Brody! I can't believe he's growing up so fast!