Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Letter “P”

We did a lot of things that started with the letter “P” today! Not on purpose, but it worked well for a blog post! :)

This morning, the kids played in the nursery while I attended Bible Study.  I have been going through Beth Moore’s Esther Study all summer and have enjoyed it SO much! The fact that it will be over next week is so sad to me. I have learned so much from this study, and I barely feel like I have even scratched the surface. It’s one of those studies I could go through several times and probably learn something different each time I re-read lessons. I have also loved the consistency of having a Bible study to go through the summer. It’s kept me accountable and it’s been something structured for us to attend once a week!

Esther_Beth_Moore

After Bible Study, Brody got to have lunch with his friend Parker at the mall!  There are no pictures documenting our lunch. 4 kids 3 years old and under and 2 moms. You get it! :)

After lunch we headed home so the kids could take naps. We were all happy and thankful to be home in the air conditioning. I promised this past winter when we were buried in 2 feet of snow that I would not complain about the heat this summer, so I’m sticking to that promise and just stating the facts…It’s rather hot here in Arkansas! :) I know it’s a lot hotter in other places, but we had a record-breaking day today for our little area! 

IMG_0227

I made chicken pesto paninis for supper tonight! They were SO good! I used this basil pesto recipe from my friend, Amy’s blog. I was at her house a few weeks ago helping her make boxed lunches for our blogger meet-up. My job was to build the croissant sandwiches. This included putting homemade pesto on the sandwiches. All I thought about the entire time I made them was how I wanted to take a spoon to the pesto because it smelled so good! I have been wanting some since then, so I finally made some last night and it did not disappoint!

Tonight, Josh planned a fun little movie date for us and even called my mom to see if she could come over and hang out with our kids! We saw Crazy, Stupid, Love! It was a really cute and funny movie, and I love having a spontaneous date night!

DSC_0588 (428x640)

Hope you all had a great Tuesday!

13 comments:

Anna & Kirby said...

I did the same study 2 summers ago... it was great! I'm glad to hear that movie was good too. My husband and I wanted to see it.

Nancy said...

That sounds delish! I just looked @ her recipe!
Glad you had a good date night!!

{Louisiana.Bride} said...

We just stared Esther two weeks ago, I am so excited about it :)

beckyhabegger said...

I did Esther last Fall and loved it. It read just like a great book, to me. I, too, learned tons! Glad you enjoyed it and God showed you new things! :)

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I did the Esther study several months ago in my bible study group, and it was amazing! I think one of the great things about Beth Moore is that she is so relatable- throughout that study, I felt like she was in the room with us! She has a great talent for bringing the Word to life and making it easy to understand.

Brittany Nolan said...

My friends and I are looking for a good book for a bible study...thanks for sharing about Esther, we will have to look into it! :)
And you are right about not complaining! Although the heat is extreme, I'll take it over snow ;)

Katie said...

The Esther study is one of my favorites. Wow!

Meg said...

The study sounds interesting! You're blessed to have a great study group around you. What a sweet and thoughtful husband you have too!!

Jenna said...

Oh, I've been wanting to see that!! It looks like a good one! And pesto chicken sounds yummy!

Ashley said...

Awww, that was a great movie! Sounds like you had a good day! And we are actually having pesto tonight--we went to KC for my husband's birthday (which is when we saw that movie along with Captain America and Cowboys & Aliens) and got some at World Market. Can't wait!

Sarah-Anne said...

sounds like ya'll had an awesome day!!

Just the Two of US said...

Looks like you all had a great day! good pic of you and josh!

JuJu and Family said...

Hi there, I just happened upon your blog from another blog and I saw your Bible study. In the last few years I started attending a group at a local church. I was in major need of purposeful worship and studying. This was the second Bible study I ever did and my first Beth Moore. She's so amazing and this one in particular helped me understand Esther's story so much deeper. I'd be interested to hear what your next one is. Take care