Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday

Last night, the four of us went over to Julee’s house to take her birthday presents to her. Her actual birthday was Friday, but she has been busy with family this weekend, so we just got a chance to drop by last night.  Brody was very excited to give Julee her gifts. He grabbed her gifts and ran as fast as he could to the door when we got to the house!

DSC_0560 (640x509)

Brody wanted to make a birthday card for Julee to include with the gift he chose, so he made it while Jillian napped on  Friday. I told him I would write the card for him if he would tell me what he wanted me to write. The picture below is of the outside of the card. He had a hard time deciding what he wanted it to say. First, he said Happy Birthday, Julee. Then, Happy Birthday, JuJu. Then, he decided it should say Happy Birthday, Julee Turner, but quickly changed his mind and decided it should say, Happy Birthday, Julee Bell. (Julee’s maiden name) We laugh that he calls her by her maiden name!

DSC_0558

This is the inside of the card. I wrote down exactly what he said. It makes me laugh every time I read it!

DSC_0557 (428x640)

In case you cannot read my squatty hand writing, it says, “Happy Birthday, Julee! Eat a piece of cake! Get a present, a card, pennies, and mommy and Brody. Preslee lives in your belly. I need to get her a phone! Dr. Seale (my OB, but not Julee’s OB) will take her out. Give Matt pennies. I need to get RoRo (Romeo) a four-wheeler present. The End. Love, Brody.”

The night would not have been complete without eating some of Julee’s birthday cake!

DSC_0561 (640x428)

After we got home from Julee’s house, we put Brody to bed. He said his bedtime prayer. When he finished, he thought for a minute and said, “Oh and cake! Dear God, thank you for CAKE! Amen!” :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

12 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like my kind of man!! I love a man that loves cake! And ice cream! Ha! Happy Monday!!

Jennifer Gilbert Settle said...

Brody gives me a good laugh every time you post his prayers. I love them, definitely from his tender heart. Happy Monday!

Jennifer Gilbert Settle said...

Brody makes me smile everytime you post his prayers. SO sweet. I love them, they are most definitely from his tender little heart. Happy Monday!

Linds said...

such a smart boy to thank God for cake :)

Sarah-Anne said...

that is the most adorbs things i've seen in a looong while...Brody is too sweet!! ya'll are so lucky to have a little man like him... :)

Julee said...

I have read this card at least 5 times since last night! Its so funny and I am sure it was even funnier as your wrote down his sweet thoughts! I agree that Preslee needs a phone! We all are ready to talk to her! :) Thanks again for the presents and "sebra" bow! :)

Meg said...

haha! This is too funny!

Adrienne said...

the birthday card is so cute

Erin said...

Hilarious! So precious! What a sweet little boy you have :)

Diane said...

So sweet. :-) And I thank GOD for cake, too!!

Cara Beth said...

haha! That is the most hilarious card. I love that you wrote down exactly what he said. :) Makes me happy!

Sara said...

What a sweet and funny card! I have to agree with Brody on being thankful for cake...it is truly wonderful!