Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheeri-uh-ohs!

Jillian made her first big mess today and she was so very proud of herself!

DSC_0591 (640x428)

Brody had been eating some dry Cheerios for a snack and I accidentally left the box within her reach when I went into Brody’s room to change his diaper. I suddenly heard a loud noise and knew immediately what had happened.

DSC_0589 (428x640)

When I walked back into the living room, she was happily eating handfuls of Cheerios!

DSC_0597 (640x428)

She was so happy and so content, that I just left them on the floor and let her eat and play!

DSC_0598 (640x428)

It kept her (and Brody) entertained for a while and allowed me some time to get some things done around the house! And the more they ate, the less I had to sweep-up anyway! :)

DSC_0600 (640x428)

It’s been quite the adventure around here the past few weeks since Jillian has started getting into anything and everything, and Brody continues to be his normal, mischievous self! There is never a dull moment and we are loving every minute of the fun with our two busy kids!

16 comments:

Niki said...

I just love your go-with-the-flow attitude and parenting style! It's exactly how I run my classes. Messes happen! And it will all be okay. I believe in letting kids be kids and sometimes that means spreading cheerios all over the place. ha!

Jen S. said...

Jennifer, your posts are just pricless! I ♥ all of your stories...so good and so funny :)
You crack me up!

Brittney said...

When I have kids, I want to be as laid back and awesome as you are! I think your attitude about everything is so wonderful!

Meg said...

She is SUCH a doll. So sweet!!

Mommyblogger said...

How precious is that? Even their little messes are cute aren't they?

Sarah-Anne said...

oh goodness, that. is. precious!!

melissa said...

Too cute! I can't wait until the day I can give my girl's cherrios! Handing them food seems so much easier than feeding them with a bottle. Oh! The day!

Brittany said...

Hilarious! That is so funny!

Hattie said...

Those are the best messes!!!

Erin said...

One of those moments where you can choose to be mad or go with the flow ;) SOOOOO sweet! And I love your positive approach to parenting and life sooooo refreshing!

Nancy said...

So cute!

Jennifer said...

She is so cute! I love that you let her eat them. B dumps her snacks out sometimes and sits down and starts eating. I shamelessly oblige :)

Just the Two of US said...

she's adorable Jen!!!

Karah said...

That is too funny. It looks like she was enjoying herself. I am looking forward to all the fun and crazy times with Mary Kathryn. :)

Taylor said...

Love it! The look on her face is just priceless!

Rebekah said...

I can't wait to hear the stories of them scheming together and all that they get into! Those two are going to keep you busy!