Friday, July 15, 2011

Pinnable Me: Birthday Party Inspiration

I'm linking-up to Pinnable Me Friday over on Stephanie's blog today!

Jillian is 10 months old today! Isn't that hard to believe? So I have been busy searching for ideas for her 1st birthday party! I love the idea of using pink and blue together for her party. Her nursery has those two colors together (along with a few other colors), and I think it's such girly combination!

I think this cake is absolutely adorable! I am hoping the local bakery we use can do something much, much smaller, but very similar.



Jillian's dresser is the same color of this china cabinet and I'm thinking it would be so fun to take it out of her room and use it to display the cakes and desserts on for the party. I think this is just too cute not to use!

I love the colors of this birthday banner!


I think these assorted pink, blue and white paper lanterns would be such a cute touch to add to the party! I also think the cake is SO cute! Love the white cake stand as well.

I think this is such a sweet, simple table display. I really like the way the bird cage and bird houses are incorporated.

I LOVE Mason jars for parties! I have already found some pink straws, like these red straws, to use in jars for the party!




I love these little bag toppers for party favors. Our favors will be cute bird cookies and I plan to have something similar to these to put on the tops of the cookie bags.

Happy Pinning and Happy Friday!

14 comments:

lane, kelli and the boys said...

so cute...super chic and feminine!!

Lauren said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! :)

Nancy said...

Love them all, too! Those colors are great together!
HAPPY FRIDAY!

Jenna said...

LOVE this! Can't wait for Jillian's birthday, now that we all have our dates coordinated with the football schedule! ;-)

Jessica said...

LOVE the color ideas! I always thought her nursery was super cute. i cant believe she is almost 1!

Angie said...

love all of these!!!! Great color combination - and goes well with Jillian's room!

I decided to check out pinterest after I saw these pictures, and I have been on there 'pinning' while Kal has been napping, and I cant stop! It is so addicting!!

Lindsay said...

Whoa! We're on the same wavelength today. My daughter is only 5 months but I'm thinking of her 1st b-day too. And just blogged about it! We even pinned some of the same photos! Looks like I need to follow you so we can share ideas.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

It makes me wish I had a girl to celebrat pink birthdays with.

Jillian said...

LOVE the colors!!

Melissa said...

SOOOO cute! I can't wait to see how her birthday turns out to be.

Ashley said...

I love this! And we are doing Mason jars at my friend Kim's baby shower for guests to take home, the cutest thing!!!

Love the pics!

Happy 10 months!

Jeanie said...

The white cake plate with pink ribbon is sold at HomeGoods if you happen to have one nearby. I can't remember exactly how much it is, but I know it isn't expensive.

Dianna said...

Cute ideas!!

Kaylee114 said...

Would you please pray for this lovely family as they make the painful decision to bring their beautiful baby boy home to die peacefully.

http://jamescamdensikes.blogspot.com/