Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NWA Bloggers

Monday, I went to the first meet-up of the NWA Bloggers at the Acumen office! There were over 60 bloggers there! It’s was so fun to meet the people behind some of the great blogs in NWA!

nwabloggers1

The meet-up went so well! John and Josh (another Josh, not my Josh) did an outstanding job planning and pulling off the event, even though it was sort of thrown together just a couple of weeks ago. It was a great meeting full of informative information presented by John James, great opportunity for networking with other bloggers, a Q&A session over the presentation, and my personal favorite, a wonderful boxed lunch provided by my sweet friend, Amy!

I also loved getting to hang-out with a few of Josh’s sweet co-workers, Xuan and Hilary during the meet-up! Josh’s office is pretty much entirely made-up of people under 40 years old. Most of them are in their 20s, so it’s a super-fun work environment!

nwabloggers3

I’m already looking forward to the next blogger meet-up in August!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my wonderful college friends/pledge sisters, Brooke, was in town yesterday for work. We met-up for lunch after I left Bible study. Brooke and her husband are expecting their first baby, a little girl named Paisley, in October! Brooke is seriously one of the cutest pregnant girls I have ever seen. She is 26.5 weeks pregnant and is so TINY! We cannot wait to meet Paisley this fall! It’s so fun that Brooke and I will have girls just a year apart. Maybe our girls will be EEEs together like their mommas! :)

Leslie, Brooke and my little crew!

DSC_0574 (640x428)

I hope you all are having a great week! I’ve been really confused about what day it is so I feel like it should be Thursday already. Maybe I’m just ready for the weekend! :)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I think AR has so many more bloggers than AL. What a cool thing to get to come together as a group ~ I love it!

Cute pic's as always :)

Cory said...

That looks like such a cool thing to meet up with other bloggers in your area. I end up reading alot of blogs from NWA, and I love them all. :)

Kelly said...

So sweet - it's funny to think that Harper and Hollis might end up at OBU with lots of friends whose moms were "blog friends". :-)

Kelly said...

It looks like y'all had a great time! I wish we had more bloggers here in Macon, Ga, I don't know anyone in my area who blogs :(
-Kelly F.