Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How to prevent diaper rash…

Today, we had a little incident at our house. It looked like this!

DSC_0634 (428x640)

Yes, that is our son covering himself in Desitin! Apparently, he was just doing a little diaper rash prevention. I happened upon this little situation after he had been quietly playing in his room for about 10 minutes. The part that was even more special was that while he was doing this, I was trying to clean-up Jillian, her clothes, and her bed from a monster diaper. I had just gotten everything cleaned-up in her room and then walked over to Brody’s room and saw this. I just sighed at the sight of another huge mess. A mother’s work is never done, and my kids are apparently never done making messes. :)

DSC_0636 (428x640)

It was just too funny not to document, so I grabbed the camera and took a few pictures before I had to clean the carpet, wash his clothes, and throw him in the bathtub.

DSC_0637 (640x428)

I asked him what he thought he was doing and he said, “Just putting on some lotion!” Josh said he looked like an old man at the beach that didn’t rub in his sunscreen! Ha!

DSC_0638 (428x640)

I remember at Brody’s 18 month check-up that the doctor said, “I can tell he is going to be a busy boy. You will probably want to keep the number to poison control handy.” Ha! Oh, how right he was. Busy and sweet, all wrapped into one little boy! And we wouldn’t want him to be any other way!

16 comments:

Kelly said...

I have a seven year old son and he's constantly into everything as well. Boys just like to get dirty I guess (and I have a feeling it never ends)...pssshh! ;)
& p.s. you're right, I wouldn't have them any other way, : )

Nancy said...

We all got sunburned on Sunday, and I read diaper rash cream was good for sunburn! HA!
I used my poison control # last year for my next door neighbor - her son ate washing detergent...I always had it up on the fridge & never thought I would use it, but I did for her! HA! So glad he was alright though!

Maryellen said...

Oh my how funny. Those dry legs are a killer. Brody obviously likes to be silky smooth ! hah

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I think his skin will have tons of protection.

Our Baby "D" said...

Too funny! Brody's escapades and comments always give me a good laugh :) Thanks for sharing!

Madison's Mommy said...

This seriously made me laugh so hard! He is quite the little character....precious little guy!
XOXO

Rachel said...

HA! Little Brody is such an explorer. I love when you post about his adventures....even if it meant a lot of clean up for mom!

Laura said...

OMGoodness!! That little boy of yours definitely keeps you on your toes, doesn't he?

Bethany said...

This post reminded me of the time when I was in college and was babysitting a boy about Brody's age. I was washing a dish from his lunch and just around the corner he was "painting" the back of his parents' custom upholstered chair with Desitin. That stuff NEVER came off and I have never felt more terrible in my life. It sounds like you were able to get Brody and your carpet clean, thank goodness! You'll be glad you documented this one day when you look back at it and have a good laugh.

Brittany said...

Very funny!

Linds said...

this SAME thing happened to us a few weeks ago. It was on a "good" day for me, so I actually took pictures. My Brayden not only painted himself, but the dog, the floor and the curtains to boot. He's also attempted this with A&D ointment, but thankfully I caught him before he was able to paint with it :)

beckyhabegger said...

videos like these pictures are my favorites on America's Funniest Home Videos. :)

Hilarious!

beckyhabegger said...

videos like these pictures are my favorites on America's Funniest Home Videos. :)

Hilarious!

Kathleen said...

LOL When my second daughter was his age I was responding to a question the man from poison control had asked me about my daughter. I said "Well this is the second time I am calling you this week if that tells you anything" He said "Maybe you need to open up an account." It made me laugh. Another time I had to call because she had eaten Desitin. She also covered the kitchen in Peanut butter and poured out 5 boxes of cereal in the middle of the kitchen floor. Just keep laughing. My girl turned out great!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, Jennifer I didn't even read THIS post, because I couldn't - I have never laughed so hard first thing in the morning...just that first picture of him... WOW! Brody! Awesome!!!!!

Sarah-Anne said...

OHMYGOODNESS, that is too. funny. & i love how you handled everything with grace and snapped pictures of the whole ordeal. :D