Thursday, July 7, 2011

Boingo Bounce and Cars 2

Yesterday morning, we met Kelly, Harper and Hollis, and Emily and Miles at Boingo Bounce to play!

Jillian was very excited to see Hollis and would not leave her alone! She kept trying to play with Hollis’s feet! I think Hollis was terrified at first, but she seemed to be entertained by Jillian after a little while and smiled back at her. These two girl are SO sweet!

DSC_0478 (640x428)

This is Miles! He is so adorable and so sweet! Jillian really liked him, too!

DSC_0482 (640x428)

Miles was so sweet to Jillian! Look at that cute smile!

DSC_0483 (640x428)

Emily went to college with us at OBU! She and Josh are the same age. I was so excited when she told me they were moving here! Our boys are only a month apart so it will be fun getting to have lots more play dates in the future!

DSC_0489 (640x428)

I had to take a picture of the cute bottom of Jillian Kate’s romper! :)

DSC_0488 (640x428)

I had a hard time getting pictures of our big kids! Here is Harper busy playing! She is so funny and so sweet!

DSC_0490 (640x428)

Miles and Brody working the maze on the wall!

DSC_0492 (428x640)

Funny story about Brody…The kids were off playing and Kelly, Emily and I were sitting in the floor talking. I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw Brody walking towards me with his pants and diaper around his ankles and his little boy part completely exposed for everyone in the entire place to see.  I wanted to die! I told Emily and Kelly to look and we just busted out laughing! One of the other moms there came walking behind Brody and told me she found him trying to pee in the planter of the playhouse! She said she thought she stopped him before he had a chance to go. I ran with him over to the bathroom and got him re-dressed. When I asked him what he was doing he told me he was just going to potty! I applauded his efforts, but told him to please come tell me next time he needs to go to the bathroom and we would go to the actual bathroom. :) I am so serious when I say there is never a dull moment with this boy!

Last night, my mom came over to keep Jillian so that Josh and I could take Brody to see Cars 2! We have taken him to the drive-in movie several times, but he had never gone to see a movie in the theater until last night. I think he forgot what it was like to be the only child because we were pulling out of the driveway and he said, “Hey wait! We have to go back and get Jillian! We left her inside!” :) We told him it was a special night and he was just going out with Mommy and Daddy by himself. 

DSC_0502

He wanted some popcorn, so we got that for him before we went into the movie.

DSC_0499

We had such a great time at the movie! Brody sat in a booster seat in one of the theater chairs and didn’t move the entire time! He LOVED the movie and would laugh and clap during the funny parts. He also loved the popcorn. I’m not sure if Josh and I even got much of it. It was such a sweet, fun time with our big boy! We cannot wait to go to another movie again soon!

20 comments:

Katie said...

That is hilarious about Brody at BB! What a boy thing to do. So funny.

I'm glad Brody liked the movie. We are going to take Z in a few weeks, and it will be his first time to go to a theater. Hope he likes it!

Steph said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I cannot stop laughing about the "potty" incident. HILARIOUS!

Laura said...

That potty story is too, too funny! One for the baby book!

Meg said...

Jillian is seriously such a doll baby! So special to take the big kids on special dates all for them, we do that with our oldest too!! :)

Alex and Jill said...

Well first off, you look fabulous and tan!

How does Jillian look so big in these pics?? She's growing too fast.

We too Amelia to see Cars 2 last weekend. During the middle of the movie she looked at me and asked to watch Caillou on my phone. HA! We did stay until the end though -so I was happy!

Love the pics.

Megon said...

Jen- not sure how you do it all and make it look so fun!!! My new lil guy is 5 weeks and I'm still so tired and adjusting!:0

kimmie said...

That potty story is hilarious!!! I have a son who just turned 2 last month so I'm sure i have funny stories like that to look forward to!! I love watching to see what stage Brody is in b/c I know my son will soon hit that stage...Brody gives me a heads up!!ha! We are watching Cars at least 2 times a day so we are going to take Maddox to the drive in to see it....hope he sits and watches it!

Mere said...

Oh my word! That potty incident is too funny! At least he is trying! :) We are in the midst of potty training at our house right now...day 3 to be exact. I am trying to take it one day at a time!

The Belt's said...

The potty story is hilarious! I have a 4 year old little boy so I can totally relate. The first time we took him to the beach I looked over and he had his shorts pulled down and was going potty right there in front of everyone. I could have died! We've had many more times like that since! With little boys you never know what they'll do!

Jessica said...

How sweet! I think when I come to Arkansas in September to visit, I may need a playdate to see that Jillian myself. : )

The Trendy Family said...

The potty story is cracking me up! Thanks for a great laugh... This is a vision into my future!

Nancy said...

Looks like a fun time! Jillian is SOO adorable!
Almost makes me want another!!!

Joeylee said...

looks like you guys had fun! Jillian is adorable

Jillian said...

That story is about Brody is hilarious!! And Jillian is the cutest thing ever!

Hailey said...

Your kids are beyond precious and you are so pretty!!!

Emily said...

That was so awesome. I'm glad you told that story because it was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile! ha!

Looking forward to getting our kiddos together again soon!

Renia Flaishans said...

I just had to laugh about Brody with his pants down. LOL
And I have to say Jillian is just the cutest little thing :)

Jennifer said...

That is so funny about Brody :) I love reading your posts about him and all the funny things he does. Makes me look foward to when Bryson is his age :)

But can I just say that I didn't even recognize Jillian in that first picture. I can't believe how BIG she is getting!!

Elisabeth said...

The weekend Cars 2 came out I happened to see it twice. A friend of ours just had a baby boy and to give her some breathing room to focus on baby C, I took her older son to the movies (so he could have big boy time as well) my husband happened to be out of town on a camping trip with his friends so when he got home we decided to go to the drive in to see Pirates 4.

At our drive in they play 2 movies on each screen (they have two screens) and each night it's a double feature. They were playing cars 2 before Pirates 4. It was nice.

We still have a set of free tickets to see it again.

Oh and if your night a member of disney movie rewards it's a great program and has saved us a ton of money over the years and we've gotten alot of free dvds as well through their rewards catalog. It's free and easy to join!

Dianna said...

OMG that is so funny!! He is such a boy!! I also love the pic of him at the movie theater!