Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Weekend

Friday, Brody finished his week of swimming lessons! We had such a fun time at lessons. I was so thankful we had great weather, too!

DSC_1091 (640x428)

That afternoon, Jill, Brody, Jillian and I went shopping at the mall.

DSC_1109 (428x640)

I had a humbling parenting moment after I realized Brody took 2 tubes of chap stick from a store. He put them in the basket in the stroller and I found them as we were leaving the mall. We quickly returned them to the store and I apologized 37 times. It was embarrassing, but it much less embarrassing than it would have been if we had been arrested for shop lifting. :)

Saturday morning, we went to eat breakfast and to the farmer’s market! I love doing this on Saturday mornings. We are up early anyway with the kids, so it’s nice to get out and do something fun!

DSC_1110 (428x640)

DSC_1118 (640x429)

DSC_1125 (640x427)

DSC_1131 (640x428)

Saturday evening, we went to some new friends’ house and swam in their neighborhood pool. The husband is a chef and we had heard so many great things about his cooking from church friends.  He cooked dinner for us and I seriously have not had food that was that good in a long time! Pretty sure I will never have them over for dinner because my cooking is a joke compared to his! Ha!

Jillian and Brody in the swimsuits before we left the house!

DSC_1135 (640x428)

DSC_1146 (428x640)

DSC_1159 (640x428)

Sunday, we went to church. We serve in the nursery every other Sunday during the 2nd service so it was our Sunday to work this week. We love being in their with Jillian and all her sweet little friends. She always love getting to play with Payne! I cannot believe these 2 will be 1 at the end of the summer!

 DSC_1166 (640x428)

After church, we went to the Scott’s house for lunch. There were 14 adults and 9 kids at their house. It was a lot of fun and so much easier than all of us trying to pile into a crowded restaurant!

DSC_1169 (428x640)

DSC_1167 (428x640)

DSC_0002 (640x428)

Sunday night, we went to visit the Smith Family at their new house! Emily is one of my pledge sisters and her parents recently moved here and go to church with us. We have loved getting to know her parents over the past several months! Her dad is a pediatrician is always a phone call away when we have a question. And we have questions! :) I was even asking his advice on some things last night while we were hanging out. They have been a huge blessing to us!  Emily is up here doing her family medicine rotation for medical school, so I’m excited to get to see her often this summer!

Emily, Brody and Sadie

DSC_0010 (640x428)

DSC_0011 (640x428)

This is Brody’s last week of MDO until September, so I am busy cleaning out closets and trying to get some things finished-up before we spend the next few months playing and having fun during the day! Yay for summer!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, Miles did that same thing in a Victoria's Secret a few months ago. He had a fist full of lip glosses that I didn't notice until we were leaving the mall! We took them back and apologized too (much to my embarrassment!

Dianna said...

What a fun weekend! I can't believe how big Brody looks in that 3rd picture. He is going to be a heart-breaker.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Eating in with kids is so much easier than eating out...especially in large groups! You and your friends made a good call. :)

Linds said...

I am so relieved to know i'm not the only mom who's kid "stole" stuff. Brayden grabbed a pair of pjs off of the rack at Crazy 8 a few weeks ago. When I realized what happened (after we had left the store), I had to go back with my double stroller, and in front of everyone explain what happened. They were so nice, but I was MORTIFIED.

Megan said...

So the picture of you with Brody and Jillian where he is covering her mouth completely cracks me up. Jou are just looking all cute and smiling for the camrea while your kids are clearly not into the picture. Its like you are saying "we will get this cute picture whether you LIKE IT OR NOT" Made me laugh

Sarah-Anne said...

those kiddos are too cute!! i just want to eat them up! :D

Rachel said...

I know I've said it before, but I feel like it's worth mentioning again...you have the CUTEST kids!! Brody and Jillian are both adorable!

Charon Benton said...

I'm ALL about eating at HOME when we can--it's SO MUCH to take 2 young BOYS out to eat somewhere.....good call!!!

Shelley said...

I had to chuckle over the chapstick story...we left a mall once with a ten pack of candy flavored Lip Smackers. We then had to trudge back up to the third floor to return them and apologize profusely and then all the way back down to the car. :)

amy (metz) walker said...

ha, I'm laughing! What did you go to jail for? Well, my child stole two chapsticks. Oops! ;-)