Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Things Brody says…

We went to a playgroup yesterday with some girls from my Tuesday morning Bible Study. On the way I kept telling him we were going to go to Mrs. Rebekah’s house. He thought about it for a minute and then he said, “I go to Bekah’s house?” I said, “Yes, Rebekah’s house.” He said, “Oh, RED Bekah’s house!” Then he thought a few minutes and he said, “I’m green Brody and you purple Mommy!” Ha!

When he prays at night, he tries to drop hints about where he wants to go the next day. For instance, he might say, “Thank you Jesus for Chuck E. Cheese. Thank you for the park. Thank you for Target. Thank you for Boingo Bounce.”

IMG_6705

We were outside one morning and he looked for the moon. When he couldn’t find it he said, “The moon went back home with his mommy, daddy and sissy. It went back home to go to bed.” He thinks everyone has a mommy, daddy and a sissy.

When the baby birds were still living in the nest in our wreath we would let him look at them each morning. When we asked him what they were doing he said, “They are asleep. They are laying on their pillows and covered-up with their blanket.”

When we go into his room in the morning to get him out of bed he says, “Hey! I had a good nap! I need a diaper change!”

If he doesn’t want to do something or eat something he says, “No. I can’t like that (whatever it might be).” If he doesn’t want to take a nap, he says, “No, I can’t like that nap.” If he doesn’t want to eat something he will say, “No. I can’t like that chicken.” If he doesn’t want to leave somewhere and go home he will say, “No. I can’t like my house.”

He has started saying, “Yep” and “Nope”. I seriously cannot stand it. I probably correct him 100 times a day and remind him to say, Yes, ma’am or sir and No, ma’am or sir.  Instead of saying, “yes, ma'am” he says, “yes, man!”

IMG_2592

He talks about himself in the 3rd person. He also calls himself “Bro-dog” because one of the nursery workers at church calls him that. :)

We were watching Toot and Puddle the other day and I asked him what a pig said and he said, “Woo pig sooie!” That’s our little Razorback fan!!

He walked into the room with a pair of scissors the other night and said, “Hey mommy! Want me to cut your hair?” No, I don’t. Thanks.

If he gets in trouble he says, “awww” and acts really disappointed. Sometimes he will say, “awww! Poor Brody!”

If he is about to get in trouble he starts yelling, “I obey! I obey!” to try and get out of it!

IMG_6405

He sticks his feet in my face and will say, “Hey! Smell my feet?” Then, when I smell them he says, “Eww! That’s nasty!”

One night Josh said, “Brody, are you lazy?” He said, “No, daddy! I’m 2!”

We were trying to get Jillian to scoot/crawl the other night and she was not getting anywhere, so Brody ran behind her and started pushing her and saying, “There you go, Sissy! You crawl!”

We were getting our car looked at because of some hail damage. The car was wet from rain, so the guy was using a towel to wipe spots dry before he checked for damage. Brody was sitting in the back of the car in his car seat. They guy didn’t wipe Brody’s window dry so he started saying, “Hey boy! Wash this window! Wash this window, boy! Hey boy!!! Boy!!!” Thankfully, the man couldn’t hear him!

I wish I could record every single thing out of his mouth during the day! He makes me laugh so hard! Some days, I have to turn my head and laugh so he doesn’t see me.  He is just so hilarious and makes our lives soooo much fun!! We love you, Brody Bro-Dog! :)

24 comments:

Hattie said...

Baaaahahaha! Too cute! I just love how their little minds work.

Laurin said...

Your Brody is just a few weeks older than Cameryn - and they say some very similar things... She "can't" like things, "yep" and "nope" are a part of our vocab now, and she also likes for me to smell her feet! HA! Two year old are awesome - I wouldn't trade this age for the world!

Kyndal said...

Oh my gosh, Kaiser has just recently started saying "yep" and "nope" too! It drives me up the wall! I can't count the number of times per day I tell him to say, "Yes, ma'am," or "Yes, please." And we are totally in that 3rd person stage, too! It cracks us up to hear him say things like, "I guess Kaiser needs some candy." Love reading about your sweet Bro-Dog. Friends of ours here in Pittsburgh are considering moving to Arkansas for a job, and I dreamed of coming to visit and meeting the Francis Family! :)

Charity said...

ohh i am literally laughing out loud! that boy is hilarious!!

i can't wait untill my nephew starts talking, i think he will be a funny little guy too!

Mallory said...

He is so cute and these stories are HILARIOUS!!!

Dianna said...

I love all of these! So funny! I have a cousin that had a teacher named Mrs. Brown for kindergarten. When her little sister was jealous she said "When I go to kindergarten my teacher is going to be Mrs. Pink" She didn't realize she doesn't get to pick her teachers name! They are adorable.

Amanda M. said...

He is SO hilarious! I remember one of our kiddos praying in the same manner....with the hint-dropping of all the things he wanted to do the next day. That absolutely CRACKS me up!!

Ashley said...

This is HALARIOUS! I can't wait until my little man starts talking more like this (he's only 22 months).

Janie said...

Your little boy is so funny....just wait to see what Jillian learns from him!!

Kirby and Anna said...

I love this post... he is too funny! :)

Megan said...

Omigosh those are so funny! My personal favorite is "I obey I obey"

Sarah-Anne said...

ha, you go bro-dog!! :D

Megan said...

Sooo cute!!! Your post just made my day, I am seriously laughing out loud! :)

Jill said...

omgoodness...thanks for that laugh! I really needed it tonight!

Emily said...

Those are just too cute!

Lincoln talks about himself in the 3rd person too. We haven't started "yep" or "nope" yet.

Sonya said...

Those are all funny moments, but I love that he drops hints in his prayers! That's pretty smart!

Faith said...

Hahaha! He is so funny. I love the "I can't like this" Cracks me up!

Katie said...

So great that you are recording these things!

My favorite is him wanting to cut your hair. Haha! That's great.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Love that boy! I am loving this age and all of the fun things they are saying. (:

Hailey said...

Please post a video of him saying some of these things. I laughed just reading them, so it would be even funnier to hear that cute boy of yours.

Katie said...

He is too funny. Sounds like you're enjoying this age :)

Ashley said...

Everything you posted is soooo cute!! He has such an adorable personality! What a sweet boy!

Angie said...

These are awesome! What a little ham you have! I love him asking to cut your hair - hilarious! And that he will "obey" after he is caught - so adorable!!

Alex and Jill said...

I am laughing SO LOUD right now. These are hilarious! You need to write a post like this every so often. Love reading what little kids say. :)