Monday, May 9, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a great weekend! It was much more relaxed and low-key than the last several weekends, which we were very grateful for!

Saturday morning we met some friends at the Farmer’s market. We love going on Saturday mornings this time of year!

DSC_0353 (428x640)

I carried Jillian in this carrier so that we didn’t have to try to navigate the double stroller through the crowds on the sidewalks. She loved being able to see as we walked around!

DSC_0357 (640x447)

We ate lunch and then went home so Jillian could nap. Brody, Josh and I took advantage of the nice weather and played with bubbles and sidewalk chalk.

DSC_0359 (428x640)

DSC_0371 (428x640) DSC_0373 (428x640)

Sunday was a wonderful day! My sweet little family took extra good care of me and made my 1st Mother’s Day as a mom of two very special! I am so very thankful for them!

They gave me this ring with Jillian Kate’s name engraved in it. I already had one with Brody’s name on it that I was given on my first Mother’s Day, so now I have one for both kids. I love wearing these and I think they are such special gifts!

DSC_0407 (640x420)

The cutie who first made me a mom!

DSC_0380 (640x429)

3 years ago today, we found out we were having a boy…this sweet boy! :)

  DSC_0381 (427x640)

My precious girl! She is pure sweetness!

DSC_0378 (640x428)

We met my parents for lunch after church. I love this picture of my mom and Jillian. I’m so thankful for my mom! I appreciate her so much more now that I am a mom.

DSC_0379 (640x428)

After a nap, we headed the drive-in movie theater to see Gnome and Juliet!

DSC_0398 (640x569)

We had so much fun!! Brody loved the movie! It was a perfect night for it, too.

DSC_0399 (640x429)

I’m so thankful for my sweet babies every day, but even more on Mother’s Day. What a privilege and blessing to be called “mommy” by these two. I definitely don’t deserve these precious kids, but I am so grateful God blessed us with them. Being their mom is such a joy!

16 comments:

Lauren said...

What a perfect weekend!!!! A seriously, your kids could not be more beautiful and precious and you’re such a wonderful Mommy!!! :)

"The Mrs." said...

So fun!! I love the ring...where is it from?

Dianna said...

I love the ring you got! The picture of your mom and Jillian is one of the sweetest things ever. Glad you had a great Mother's day.

Charity said...

oh my goodness that picture of your mom and jk about brought me to tears!

Rikki said...

I've wanted a ring like that forever! Can I ask where they got it from?

Ty & Marlo said...

Happy Mother's Day (late!)! Your children are so beautiful, and I do have to say Jillian looks soo precious in her little blue dress :)
I do have one tiny comment: When are you going to change the top of your blog to include pictures of your sweet girl????

Immeasurably More Mama said...

A drive-in theater?!?! That sounds like SO MUCH fun! The "Jillian" ring is beautiful. I have a Lisa Leonard necklace and still need to get a charm with little D's name! Brody's sailboat outfit is adorable...did you buy it recently?

Katie said...

Love the picture of your mom and Jillian. So so sweet.

Kirby and Anna said...

The drive-in theater is such a fun idea! I like the ring you got... cute! I hope you had a wonderful MOther's Day!

Faith said...

What a fun weekend!

That pic of Jillian and your mom is absolutely precious!

Sara said...

Such sweet pictures! Your babies are just precious. :)

I just love your new ring. Do you know where your friends found it? I think it is such a special way to honor your kiddos.

The Newnams said...

Could you tell us where the ring came from? it is so pretty.

Karen said...

I would like to get rings like that for my daughter with her children's names on them. Can you tell me where to get the rings? Her birthday is in July and I believe this would make a wonderful present.
Thanks, Karen

Karen said...

Could you tell me where to get the ring? My daughter birthday is in July and I would like to get her the rings with her children's name on them. I beleive she would love them!

Tami said...

Just curious where the rings are from?
Love your blog, such a sweet family.
Thanks, Tami Fite

Megan said...

I LOVE that ring. I see several people already asked, so you may have answered it already but where is it from?