Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Fun!

We had a great Memorial Day! Brody started swimming lessons yesterday morning. This is his 2nd year of lessons and he is taking at the same place he took last year. We love the place he goes and we were very excited to get to go again this year!  This is our little swimmer before we left the house for lessons.

DSC_0756 (640x428)

It’s so crazy to me that I have a child in swimming lessons! It feels like I was just lifeguarding and teaching other children swimming lessons in the summers, and now I am the parent at the lessons! :)

DSC_0762 (640x428)

Josh was off of work yesterday so he got in the water and did the lessons with Brody so that I could watch and take pictures! It was fun to just sit and enjoy watching.

DSC_0783 (640x428)

Brody did so well!! He enjoyed lessons last year, but he really loved them yesterday and did a great job listening to his teacher and doing all the things she said to do in the water.

DSC_0769 (640x428)

Mom and Jill came to watch as well, so they held Jillian while I took pictures! She loved watching her brother swim!

DSC_0800 (428x640)

We are looking forward to a fun week of lessons together!

DSC_0807 (428x640)

Yesterday evening, we went to a cookout hosted by our church for young couples. We had a great time eating and visiting with friends.

DSC_0838 (640x428)

DSC_0839 (640x428)

Brody loved getting to play in the bounce house with his friends!

DSC_0841 (428x640)

Jillian had a great time getting attention from lots of sweet friends.

DSC_0847 (640x428)

I was so excited to get to see my friend, Shannon there. The cookout was at her aunt and uncle’s house and her parents came and helped cook at the event. We had a great time catching-up!

DSC_0849 (640x428)

My sweet girl!

DSC_0857 (428x640)

After we left the cookout, we went to my parents’ house to hang out with my family. Jill and Brandon came over, too. It was the first time we have all been together since the wedding, which was a month ago yesterday!

DSC_0876 (640x428)

Brody took advantage of the nice weather and road his bike around their neighborhood. I think he may be a professional tricycle rider after all the practice he has had this weekend! :)

DSC_0869 (428x640)

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day as well!

5 comments:

Megan said...

So fun! I'm a little jealous of all the young couple friends you have. Now that we have a child I'm starting to realize that we don't have any young couple w/ kids friends here - and how important that is! Looks like it was a busy but fun day!

Jessica Smith said...

Jennifer,

I have been reading your blog for a while found it interesting that you were at a party with a Farmers Insurance Bouncer! My husband is a District Manager with Farmers in Alabama and I work with him. Do you by any chance know who provided the bouncer? I would love to get one for our district. My email address is jessica.msmith10@farmersagency.com if they could contact me directly!

Thanks!
Jessica

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend!!!! Sweet pictures!!! :)

meggie said...

I've read your blog for a while now, but this is my first time commenting. You have an adorable family! I always feel like I'm right behind you. My little boy turned 2 in February and I have another little boy due in September. Thanks for sharing so much!
selphpartyof3.blogspot.com

Sarah-Anne said...

happy day after mem. day!!