Thursday, May 26, 2011

A few Brody stories…

Brody got some fun bath paints from my parents in his Easter basket. He loves them and is quite the little artist in the bathtub!

DSC_0564 (640x428)

When he takes a bath each night, he draws pictures on one side and on the other he likes me to spell out words for him. I write the word he tells me and say the letters out loud. This was his list from Sunday night. He wanted me to write Ryan, Payne and Dalt and then write “friends” next to them because they are his friends. Then he said, “hmmm, let me see…ok, spell fish, mommy.” I wrote fish. Then he said, “hmmm, let me see…ok, spell boat.” This went on until we had made our list of these random words! :) I love that fish, boat, garbage and cakes all go together somehow in his little mind!

DSC_0645 (640x428)

I was cooking dinner the other night and making a recipe that called for baby carrots. Brody came into the kitchen while I was cooking and saw the bag of carrots. He started excitedly yelling, “I like carrots a lot!” The funny thing is, he never ever eats carrots, but he insisted I give him one, so I did. I mean, what mom tells their child they can’t have a vegetable when they are so overly thrilled about it? He skipped off chewing his carrot and headed into Jillian’s room to play with her. I kept thinking I he was going to come back and tell me he didn’t like it, but he never did. As far as I knew, he ate that carrot and loved it. I was telling myself that maybe we were turning a corner on his eating habits and maybe he was going to start branching-out and trying more vegetables. What I didn’t know was that he chewed-up that carrot, lifted the ottoman in Jillian’s room and spit the pieces under it!!!! I guess he was trying to hide the fact that he didn’t like carrots after all. Josh found this pile-o-carrots a few minutes later. Yum.

DSC_0648 (640x428)

I bought these waterproof pants at Target the other day. I have been meaning to buy some in case Brody decides to potty train sometime soon. I handed them to Brody and told him they were for him and asked he put them in our cart. He looked at them and said, “Oh! I loooovvveee these! They so pretty!” I couldn’t stop laughing thinking about the sweet boy getting excited about plastic underwear. :)

DSC_0673 (640x428)

Brody walked into the kitchen the other morning right as I had finished unloading the dishwasher. When he saw it was empty he said, “Yay! Good job, mommy! You did it!” I was so thankful for his encouragement that day! It made that simple, but dreaded task well worth my time! Now if I could just get him to cheer for me when I clean the bathroom, then maybe I will be a little more motivated! :)

We just love our funny boy!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute! This is such a fun age! =) My lil' guy is showing NO interest in potty training at all.....he'll be 3 in August. We've bought all sorts of undies and have had a lil' potty for over a year now.... One day before he's 5 I hope he's potty trained!

This was a really cute post, and I love your new layout.

Melissa said...

I had to laugh about him loving the plastic underwear! Too cute! What a fun age!

Jill said...

Sad I didn't make "the list!" Maybe one day I will be as cool as Ryan and Dalton!

Ashley said...

Cute! My son likes the color tablets that turn the water different colors! Haven't seen the paint yet.

Dianna said...

He is so funny! The carrot story is my favorite even if it is a little gross. I just love that you thought to take a picture before cleaning it up!

Catie said...

I seriously laughed out loud about the carrot :) kids are so fun.

Liz said...

Brody is too funny! I am glad you posted the waterproof pants. I need to get Holden some for swim lessons and I had no idea what they were talking about on the phone when they said permanent swim diapers. Now I know! Thanks!!!

Leah said...

hahaha I love the chewed up carrots hidden under the ottoman! That cracks me up!! Today at my dr. appt they weighed me before I saw the dr. and after I stepped off the scale Perri told me 'good job mommy! I am so proud of you!!"

Never tried the waterproof pants thing but honestly I'd suggest going in the backyard and letting him go naked or no pants on. When he pees he'll feel it and realize what he's doing. I think that's the easiest way to teach them to realize when they are going.

Sarah-Anne said...

haha, that boy is too funny!! i can't believe that list, & the training pants story? kills me. :)

Katie said...

That is hilarious about the carrots!

Faith said...

Oh bless, this put a smile on my face this morning. He is so funny!!