Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thursday and Friday

Thursday was MDO day for Brody, so Jillian and I did a few things around the house. Josh came home for lunch and we decided to try a new restaurant nearby that we had heard good things about.

DSC_0648b

The restaurant is called The Green Submarine and it’s a little hole in the wall place on the side of this gas station. It looks a little sketch, but it was seriously so good!!!

DSC_0655b

The restaurant is tiny and only has 3 tables. They serve their food on nice, white plates and it looks very gourmet. It might be the best sandwich place I have been to in our area. We will be going back very soon!

photo (4)

Thursday night, I went and got a facial and massage. It was so relaxing! Josh got me the facial for my birthday in February, but I wanted to wait until close to the wedding to use it. Then, he got the massage for me after he went on his little fishing trip this past weekend. Super sweet! I asked him when he was planning on going out of town again! :)

Yesterday, we  just hung out around the house. Brody asked if he and Jillian could watch “Max and Ruby” on his DVD player after they both woke-up. I thought they looked so sweet!

 DSC_0729b

We ran a few quick errands after lunch and then headed back to the house so the kids could nap. I sometimes feel like that by the time we get out of the house, it’s time to turn right back around and come home for their naps. I know it’s just a season and one day we will be a little more flexible, but right now I feel like I run errands on a mission. :)

Last night was FNO. We went to eat and then ran to take care of a few things for Jill and Brandon’s couples shower that we are hosting tonight.

On another random note, we have been noticing for the past week or so that a bird was building a nest in the wreath on our front door. I didn’t have the heart to destroy the nest and neither did Josh, so we just left it. Wednesday we noticed the bird had laid one egg, Thursday we noticed there were two eggs, and Friday we noticed a 3rd egg. Now I really can’t destroy the nest, so I guess our front porch is going to be the home to a bunch of random birds for a while…and a bunch of bird poop from what I have heard! Ha! Josh said the bird almost flew into him when he got home yesterday. We have to knock on the inside of our front door if we go out the front door to make sure the birds flies away first. It’s crazy! We may be letting all our friends in through the garage door for the next few weeks so they don’t get attacked by the momma bird! :)

 DSC_0739b

Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

There will be a lot of bird poop on your wreath! Oh dear! But the nest is so cute and those eggs are precious and so blue! Have a great weekend!

Lauren & Eddie said...

We have a bird's nest in our wreath, too! She had 5 eggs but 2 have mysteriously disappeared. I've been knocking to announce myself when I'm leaving, too. I hate that I have to disrupt her every time!

Megg said...

Wow, that is so cool about the nest!! I love it! (I'm also a little jealous because I've love to see baby birds!)
Just be careful because if you scare the mom too much she could abandon her babies :(

Katie said...

Those eggs are the prettiest blue!

Sara said...

Brody and Jillian are just precious together:)

I hope you all have fun at the shower tonight!

Jennifer said...

How sweet! Brody and Jillian look adorable watching cartoons together. =) Reading your blog makes me want another child...lol Thanks for that. Haha! My son is a few months older than Brody. I'm just not ready to take the plunge quite yet. Although I KNOW my lil' man needs a sibling SOON! ;o) I would be the same way about the nest. Those blue eggs are just gorgeous! =) Good luck with the party tonight!

texas girl said...

at least the eggs are a pretty color and go with a little easter decor;) how strange!

Sarah-Anne said...

we've had that same thing happen to some friends of ours, and believe me, it was so scary to go up and knock on the door, haha! you need to make a sign or something... ;)

Amanda M. said...

OH! That little birdie next is precious!

Jessica said...

How sweet!The kiddos and baby bird eggs! HA!
Did you end up making the rug in Jillian's room? I was thinking you said you were going to before she got here. Just curious!

Jilly said...

Better not invite Laurie over! :)

farmhouse mama said...

I just had to comment because the same thing happened in a wreath outside our front door when we lived in town. We stopped using the door and had so much fun peeking at the eggs, and later, baby birdies. One day I walked around the side of the house to do some yard work and noticed cat prints on the door. :( Some darn cat jumped up and killed all our little birdies. I felt so bad for the momma bird.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I'm all for beautiful and FREE spring decor! Bird poop?...not so much. Ha!

Amy Powell said...

My mother gets bird nests in her door arrangements every year! Three times I have accidentally let a bird into the house. Let me tell ya, it is NOT FUN trying to chase them back out!

Kirby and Anna said...

What a great picture of you and Jillian!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

It would be really weird pulling up to the gas station for a killer meal!

Momofgirls said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying laughing about knocking on the inside of the door so you can get out! Hahaha Hope your mailman or UPS man doesn't get dive-bombed! Hahahahahahaha

Rebekah said...

I have been wanting to try the Green Submarine but we have not made it there yet. I actually didn't even know where it was! Now I do...in the shady building! That nest is so cute with the eggs, but get ready for a very over protective momma bird for the next few weeks! We have had them on our front porch and on back deck and HOLY MOLY! I have a terrible fear that they are going to attack me so we try not to let the birdies lay eggs in their nests around our house! I will wait a few weeks to come over to visit;)

Emily said...

I have also had a birds nest on the wreath on my front door! Yes, lots of bird poop, but kinda fun, too! I was always afraid the momma bird would attack me (fortunately she just sat in a nearby tree and fussed), but I took pictures every few days of the eggs and baby birds until they eventually flew away. :)