Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

When I had Jillian, my friend, Rebekah, brought dinner over one night. For dessert she brought and amazing chocolate chip pound cake. Josh and I loved the cake! We literally talked about it for several days. I loved it so much that I ate pieces of the cake for breakfast that entire week! :)

A couple of weeks ago, my friend, Katie, posted a recipe for a cake that sounded and looked similar to the one Rebekah had made for us. I saw a comment from Rebekah that it was, in fact, the same cake, so I picked up all the ingredients the next week at the store and Brody and I made the cake.

 DSC_0399b

I love when Brody joins in and helps me bake. He is such a great little helper and he really enjoys getting to help!

DSC_0402b

His favorite part of helping is getting to like the beater. He even went in for one more dip from the opposite side he had been licking! Ha!

DSC_0406bDSC_0407bDSC_0408b

Putting those big muscles to work by stirring in the chocolate chips!

DSC_0413b

Mixed, poured, and ready to bake!!

DSC_0416bDSC_0418b

The finished product! This didn’t last long at all around our house!

photo (3)

Here is the recipe for the cake just in case you are wanting to make it! (Which you definitely should!)

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix 
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips

Mix together all ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 or 60 minutes in a bundt pan coated with Pam.

Enjoy!!!

21 comments:

Sarah-Anne said...

ohmygoodness, that looks awesome. for reals. imma gonna buy the things to make it and make it soon.
thanks for sharing, jenn!

Heather said...

This is my favorite cake in the whole wide world. I have made it before and it didn't come "out" of the pan right...so my friends and I just ate/scraped it out of the pan with a spoon! Seriously!!! It was too good to waste just because my cooking abilities are not that good! :)

Laura and family said...

Is this the same friend as the honey onion chicken? Because if so, I think my husband wants me to trade wives... her recipes are always huge hits in our house! :)

Heather Allen said...

Umm that looks delicious! I can not wait to try it!!

Lindsay said...

Yum!! Thanks for posting this! It is similar to a recipe my mom used to make...so good!

Dana said...

This is a favorite recipe in our house, too!

Todd and Courtney said...

Thats the same one I make too. It's the best!

the kriegels said...

My recipe has you lightly coat with Powdered sugar after it cools!

Erin @ Sassin' Southern Style said...

That looks great! Why is it that the one thing I really noticed was your ginormous bottle of vanilla. That thing is huge! I'm going to assume that's a Costco purchase. =)

Leah said...

Pretty sure that's a lot like Susan Grant's "Better Than Sex Cake" we used to eat all the time hahahah. Good stuff!!

Katie Mar said...

just found your recipe on google!
it looks simple and delicious!!!
mmmm.
you have a beautiful family!!

Tricia said...

Thank you for sharing this. Anything with chocolate chips, I'm all over it. What's even better, is that it looks so easy...a must for me. :) Thanks again!

Christi said...

Thank you for this recipe. My daughter and I made this, and it was soooo good!

Alex and Jill said...

This sounds so good!! I'm going to make it this week!

Southern Cinderella said...

My mom saw the recipe on your blog and made it yesterday and it is so amazing and delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Laura said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! I can't wait to try this!

Jenni said...

This looks amazing, thanks!

Lisa said...

Mmm, if there's chocolate in it, it must be good. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your pound cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-13.html

sherri lynn said...

I just blog-hopped across several blogs to get to this recipe that everyone is raving about! I've bookmarked it and can't wait to try it!

Debbie said...

I make this with a dark chocolate cake mix. Yum! Your grandmother makes this as well.

Christina said...

Cake sounds good but I was looking for a print recipe button so I wouldn't have to print all 6 pages. I couldn't even save just one page. Hmh!