Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Recap

We spent the last part of the week and beginning of our weekend with some friends from our hometown. My friend, Laurie, her two kids, Shawn and Anna Kate, and Laurie’s mom all came-up for a couple of days to visit while they were on Spring Break.  I took a few pictures while they were here. We loved having them up here!

Brody at lunch one day! He looks so big in this picture! I cannot believe he will be 2 1/2 in a week! Do y’all think he looks like Josh? We don’t but some people do and I’m always curious to hear what people think!

DSC_0106b

This is Shawn with Brody. He was the ring bearer in our wedding when he was 5. He is 9 now! I started babysitting him when he was 5 or 6 months old. He was practically like my child until I had my own! I just cannot believe how fast he has grown.

DSC_0108b

This is Anna Kate. She was born 4 days after our wedding! Laurie and I never dreamed we would have kids so close in age, but since Brody came along a year after our wedding, he and Anna Kate are only a year apart! :) They had a great time together!

DSC_0113b

We walked around campus and Brody wanted to ride the “Woo Pig Sooie” as he calls it! 

DSC_0130b

Saturday morning, Jill and Brandon had their 3rd wedding shower! It was at Brandon’s home church which is about an hour from here. They happy couple with some of their wonderful gifts!! Their wedding is 5 weeks away! I have tons and tons of pictures from all of their showers so I think I am going to do several wedding related blog posts the week of the wedding so that I can share them all at once!

DSC_0177b

Jillian tagged along for the shower! She was so good during the shower!

DSC_0162b

The Girls!

DSC_0194b

Saturday night we just hung around the house since it was so nasty and cold outside. After the kids went to bed, Josh and I watched SALT and ate cake pops from Starbucks. The movie was pretty good, but the cake pops were really good!! Have y’all tried them yet? I did not need to find out about those yummy things 2 weeks before I have to run a leg in a marathon relay or 5 weeks before I have to wear a bridesmaids dress! Ha!

salt-poster

Hope you all had a great weekend!

15 comments:

Marciparrott said...

I think Brody favors Josh, but definitely has some of your mom's features in him too!
Marci

Rebekah said...

HOLY COW, that bow is the cutest thing...EVER! Ya'll are too cute! Glad you had a fun week!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I LOVED Salt!!! And, what in the world is a cake pop??

Maryellen said...

Okay I can not say which is cuter Jillian's Jean Jacket or her hair bow! OMG just adorable . . .

Amanda said...

We just watched Salt last night too! It was the perfect day for movie night!
I LOVE Jillian's bow! I may need to find one just like that for my baby Amelia!

Linds said...

we liked Salt a lot. Interesting plot for sure! I LOVE Brody's sperrys... SO cute!

Sharon said...

Hi Jennifer,

I have been reading your blog for a while and love it!! Where did you get that bow for Jillian? I would love to find a similar one for my Audrey.

The Lambert's said...

I LOVE Jillian's bow! Did you get it online? I think Brody looks like your Dad :) Have a great week!!

Brittany said...

What a fun weekend! You girls are just gorgeous!

Mer said...

Hey Jennifer! Just checking on you ! That sweet girl is precious. I didn't realize you went to OBU..I must have just missed you! I left 2 years before graduation for pharmacy school...needed to meet Faber:)
Have a GREAT week!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

That bow is awesome!! Your family is sure full of gorgeous girls!

Nancy said...

I bet this upcoming wedding will be just beautiful! Can't wait to see lots of pictures.
Love cakepops :)
Jillian looks adorable, and I do think your son looks like your hubby! I think your hubby favors John Travolta from his days of Grease!

Annie said...

Jillian's big pink bow is TOO cute!!

We watched Salt last weekend...it was ok....but I wasnt a huge fan of the ending!?

Sarah-Anne said...

ha, i love how jillian's bow is just about as big as her head. ;)

Katie said...

I've never heard of a cake pop either. Sounds yummy!

Your sis and mom are so cute. : )

What race are you running in? Good luck!