Friday, March 25, 2011

Melissa and Little Sister’s Baby Shower

This past Saturday I helped host a baby shower for my friend, Melissa. She and her husband are expecting their 2nd child, a baby girl, in 5 short weeks or less. The baby, or as Melissa refers to her, little sister, does have an actual name, but they have chosen not to share it with anyone (family included) until the baby is born. They did this with their son, Caedmon, as well.  Josh attempted to bribe Caedmon with toys, candy, etc., if he would just tell us the baby’s name. Caedmon replied with, “Her name is sister.” Ha!! I’m going to just throw my vote out there and guess her name starts with either an A, C, M, S, or R. No particular reason other than I feel like guessing those letters. :) Here are a few pictures from the shower!

Melissa with the hostesses! (Me, Sara, Melissa, Jenna, and Jill)

DSC_1013b

We borrowed this moss wreath from Jill’s wedding decorations. I added the pink bow to make it a little girly! This is the wreath Sarah and I made one night a couple of weeks ago. It was super easy!

DSC_1004b

Pink gerber daisies on the table in the foyer.

DSC_1010b

The food table! I just used the same moss from the wreath to make the little moss balls that were hanging above the table.

DSC_0995b

We had lots of yummy food! We made several of Melissa’s pregnancy cravings as well as some of her other favorite foods.

DSC_0999b

DSC_1000b

Some of the shower guests watching her open gifts!

DSC_0021b

Melissa got so many wonderful gifts! Now we are just waiting on that sweet girl to arrive to use all her new things. We cannot wait to meet her!

5 comments:

Sarah-Anne said...

that food looks...awesome! great job jennifer {and the other hosts}!! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

So I kind of need to know how to make that wreath... please?!

Rebekah said...

Everything was beautiful!!! I loved the moss wreath and balls! I may have to borrow your idea one day!

Erin said...

looks like fun :)

Nancy said...

Arkansas girls know how to decorate a shower!! I love it!
Everything looks great!