Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day

Well, it snowed again around here early this morning! They were predicting that we would get between 4-8 inches. When we measured in our yard this morning, we had 19 INCHES!!!! And it's still snowing! I have never seen anything like this {except when I've been snow skiing!}.

Josh and I thought it would be fun to take Brody out to play in the snow this morning. A 36-37 inch tall toddler in 19 inches of snow is fun for all involved! We bundled our little guy up, Josh put on his classy camo, and we headed outside! :)

We opened the garage door and this snow drift greeted us! Josh and BrodyMy little guy and me...Pretty sure I was already frozen solid and we had been outside about 42 seconds.Brody, waist-high in the snow! I think since the snow was packed at the bottom he never actually touched the ground. He almost disappeared when he squatted down to get a handful of snow!This is him sitting on a pile of snow! I seriously cannot believe how deep it is!Trying to run in the snow! He moved at a snail's pace because of the deep snow!You can see how high the snow went on Josh and he is 6 feet tall!Our neighbor's car is buried under snow on the street! Stay warm!

17 comments:

Kaysie said...

I can't believe how much snow you all are getting! Hopefully it doesn't last too long so you're not cooped up in the house forever!

www.chasersofkaysers.blogspot.com

Diane said...

WOW! Cute pictures and great memories! :-)

alittlelaura said...

How fun! I bet Brody just loved it. I know Gabe feels like it is Christmas every time it snows. We're getting all the snow that you guys had now... it looks like a blizzard! Didn't expect this living in TN!

Stay safe & warm! :)


(PS. I really should comment more- I love reading your blog :)

Katie said...

I just have to say that the fact that you referred to your hubby's camo as classy cracked me up! Too funny! Hope you stay warm in AR - that's A LOT of snow! :]

Heather said...

Isn't it incredible? It's still snowing hard here and I think we have 5 inches so far!! 19 inches is UNBELIEVABLE!!! I love seeing Brody waist-deep in the snow!!

Jenni said...

Adorable pictures!

Gail said...

That is insane! I cannot believe all that snow. Praying for Spring to arrive for YOUR sake like PRONTO!!!

Love the cute pics!

The Broadus Bunch said...

oh I would love it!!!!!! Trying to convince the hubs we need to move up there! All we get is nasty ice

Heidi said...

WOW I cannot believe how much snow you got. Love the pics! Stay warm!!

kimmie said...

That's a crazy amount of snow!!! I have never seen that much here in NC!!! Was some of it still left on the ground from last week or is all 19 inches fresh? Cute pics!!

Cameron and Rachel said...

That amount of snow is unbelievable. Great pictures of Brody in the snow though!

Lindsay said...

I give y'all props for taking in all that snow. It must be overwhelming considering snow doesn't fall like that in AR. Up here in North Dakota, this would be a typical snowy winter day. Though I may be used to it, it's fun to see y'all enjoying it (or at least trying to).
Stay warm. If it comforts you at all, we've been having -40 degree windchill the past few days :)

Erin said...

love it.. that is what it looks like outside my window in Minnesota except it has been there for about 3 months! :) Glad the boys got to enjoy some fun and you got out there as well.

Betsy said...

Wow! That is ALOT of snow!! Brody is about to get lost. :) Have fun and stay warm!!

Mommyblogger said...

Talk about a forecast being wrong! Wow that is a lot of snow. Stay in & stay warm.

Ben and Emily said...

Whoa! I thought we (here in Memphis, TN) got a lot, but we got nothing compared to y'all!

Looks like y'all had fun though!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Y'all are getting insane amount of snow!! I bet Brody loved playing outside in all of that!