Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The last few days!

Here is a quick re-cap of the last few days….

Saturday was a pretty lazy day. We went to Target and the mall and maybe a few other places. I really cannot remember. When we told Brody we were planning on going to Target, he went and got his piggy bank and asked for some pennies. He calls any form of money “pennies”. So we got out some dollar bills that magically ended up in his piggy bank last week. I think they were from Poppy because I know Josh and I didn’t give him the money. :) He carried his “pennies” into the kitchen and then threw them up in the air and said, “I throw my pennies!” So glad he appreciates the value of a dollar. Ha!

DSC_0533b

He ended up spending some of his money in the dollar section at Target. He told me he needed a basket so he lugged the big thing around and picked out 5 things that he could buy with his money. DSC_0540b

We came home that evening and let Brody play outside since it was so nice!

DSC_0550b

Jillian loved being outside as well. She also found her tongue this weekend and stuck it out all weekend! It was really cute!

 DSC_0545b

Stefan, one of our friends from college, and her little girl, Halle Kate, came over that night with Julee to see us. We had not seen them since August at my baby shower so I was excited for her to see Jillian and I was happy to get to see Halle again since she has grown so much since I last saw her. Jillian was so ready to go to bed by this point!

DSC_0562b

Brody loved being with the girls!

DSC_0564b

Halle played in Jillian’s exersaucer while we all hung out. She was jumping so much and Brody loved watching her! He started jumping with her and would yell, “Jump Halle Kate!” Watching him interact with her makes me look forward to him playing with Jillian as she gets older. He is such a great big brother!  Here is a video of them jumping. It’s some serious cuteness!

Monday night, I met some friends for a surprise baby shower for Kelly and Hollis. She was really surprised! We had a great time!

DSC_0569b

Today, we went to Bible study at church. I’m doing a book study on this book.

 1080_200_300

I’m really excited about the study! We have only covered a couple of chapters in the book but I really like it so far. I love spending Tuesday mornings with such a great group of girls!

OK, I think I’m caught-up now. Hope you all are having a great week!

10 comments:

Tori said...

Brody so reminds me of my son! He's too cute! And I love Jillian's flower shirt (Ansley wore the same thing yesterday!) Hope you enjoy the new bible study! Looks like a great one!

Mommyblogger said...

Sounds like a hectic but wonderful weekend!

Dianna said...

Brody is so funny with his 'pennies' and looks so grown up carrying that basket.

Mareike said...

Your children are really sweet. Makes me want to have some. =)

Greetings from Germany

Jenna said...

Love catching up with ya'll! Love the pic of you and Brody AND the pic of Protein and JK...precious fam!!!! Hope ya'll have a great rest of the week, sweet friend!

GreenGirl said...

Your kids are too cute!
I think Jillian looks so much like you and Brody like his daddy!

Brittany said...

Oh Brody! I wonder if he's going to be a spender or a saver!? Jillian is getting so big! She's adorable!

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

Looks like Brody likes shopping at Target as much as I do! What a cutie! What a fun few days!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I love the picture you and Brody and the picture of Josh and Jillian. So sweet! I am pumped up about the new study too!

Lisa said...

That video is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Love Brody's sweet voice, "jump Halle Kate". So cute!