Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy 5 Month, Jillian Kate!

Jillian turned 5 months old yesterday and she was SO excited about it!! Look at that big smile!DSC_0474b

Even though Valentine’s Day was yesterday, we still had a Valentine themed cake. It was super cute! DSC_0446b

The side! So fun and girly!

DSC_0445b

I love this sweet face!

DSC_0461b

I LOVE her bow and boots!! My mom got  Jillian the bow. A  few weeks later, one of our sweet family friends gave Jillian these boots!!! They are the same brand and match perfectly!! I think they are adorable on her!

DSC_0467b

Our sweet, 5 month old!

DSC_0475b

Here is what Jillian has been doing this month!

  • You are wearing 3 month and 3-6 month clothing and a few 6 month.
  • You are wearing a size 1-2 diaper.
  • We have no idea how much you weigh. Your 4 month appointment has been cancelled 3 times due to snow! Hopefully, we will get to take you soon!
  • You are sleeping 10-12 hours a night.
  • You are still exclusively nursing. You nurse every 3 hours during the day and sleep all night. You take 6 ounces in a bottle when we give you one.
  • You have gotten on a great nap schedule this past month. You take a morning nap and an afternoon nap.
  • We stopped swaddling you this past month. We decided it was a good time to stop and you did great from the very first night.
  • You LOVE your bed! You like to sleep in the corner and you like to roll onto your side to sleep.
  • You can now put your pacifier in your mouth by yourself! You dad and I are thrilled about this. No more crying at night when it falls out. :)
  • We let you start using the exersaucer this month. You love it and look so big when you play in it. Too big, actually!
  • You are still rolling all over the place. You roll all over your crib at night!
  • You are still drooling like a St. Barnard, but have no teeth yet.
  • You can gorilla sit for a few seconds before you fall over.
  • You pulled your knees under your body a few time over the past week. I’m not read for crawling! Ha!
  • You love your feet! You constantly chew on them! Your socks are always wet!
  • You have the sweetest laugh!
  • You love Brody! I cannot emphasize this enough! You two are so precious together. You will only belly laugh when he is around. You love for him to give you attention!
  • You have started grabbing my face this month and trying to pull me towards you. It melts my heart!
  • You are really interested in grabbing our cups or anything else we have in our hands when we hold you.
  • You started going to the nursery at church for the first time this month. You have been going to church since you were less than 2 weeks old but you always stayed with me during church.
  • You have found your voice this month! You are a chatty little thing and you love to squeal really loudly! It’s sooo cute!
  • Your little personality is so sweet!
  • You have also started blowing raspberries this month. It usually leads to excessive drooling and spitting but it’s so funny to watch you do!
  • You are so sweet, so happy and so easy!!
  • I can’t believe how blessed we are to have you! We love you so very, very much!!!

26 comments:

Jenna said...

Happy 5 months sweet Jillian! I love seeing your smiling face in the nursery!

Mallory said...

She is precious! Her outfit is adorable!

Rachel said...

I've been reading your blog for a long time and I think this is the first time I've commented! You have beautiful children and I'm continually impressed by the fact that they are good sleepers! I'm due with our first in about 2 weeks and have been reading BabyWise. Out of curiousity, is that what method you've used? I've also had people tell me how horrible I am for planning on keeping my bumper pads in-- since Jillian sleeps in the corner of her crib, have you taken yours out? Anyway, love your blog!!! IT makes me excited to be a young mom :)

Ashley said...

Happy 5 months Jillian!!!!

Emily said...

Happy 5 months Jillian! Love the bow and boots! : )

Mommyblogger said...

She is just darling. Happy 5 months to Jillian Kate. My son turned 7 months today. Boy does time fly!!

Jenna said...

SO SWEET! Happy 5 months to that precious girl - whose style, I might add, it beyond fashionable. Loved reading this - love that cute little sweetie!

Dianna said...

I LOVE her bow and boots and the cake is adorable!

Casa de los Cantabery said...

Hi Jennifer!

I'm expecting a little girl in June and was wondering about the timing of Jillian's two naps. About when does she take them and for about how long are they?

Thanks!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

Yah Jillian!! Love the bow and the cake!! :)

Cheryl E. said...

Aw she is just precious! Love the outfit and cake. Happy 5 months!

Laura said...

You guys are the "eaten-ist bunch of cake people I have ever seen"! And I thought I was bad!! Love it, though! Happy B'Day Jillian!

Jaime said...

How sweet! She is precious in her outfit. I know you must be so thankful to have a great sleeper. Happy belated birthday to you too :)

Karah said...

Aww she is so precious. I can't believe she is already 5 months. Time goes by way too fast.

Marissa said...

So cute! Happy 5 months!

Gail said...

I started reading your blog right after she was born. I can't believe she's five months already. I bet YOU can't believe it! She really is adorable.

If I can just say something to Rachel...if she comes back to read this (Lol)...I did use BabyWise with all three of my children and it worked like a charm! I highly recommend it.

Kristen and Andy said...

She is just so precious - she looks like a little doll!!! Happy 5 Month Birthday! :)

Anita said...

I can't believe she is already 5 months old. She is beautiful and has great taste in clothes. ;)
Anita

Perfectly Imperfect said...

She is beautiful!! And dresses way better than I do!!

Mrs. Bee said...

Oh my goodness she is 5 months already!? TIME IS FLYING! She is so stinkin' cute and I love her outfit and cake! Completely precious! Happy 5 months Jillian!!!

Reese Ray said...

She is so cute!! And her outfit is adorable!!!! Happy 5 months Jillian!!!

Love from Texas said...

How precious! My Hadley is almost 6months has that same MudPie bow and a few of the coordinating outfits. I love it!

I also have a two yr old boy - so I love keeping up with your precious clan!

Ty & Marlo said...

Beautiful beautiful Jillian :)
I have been reading your blog for a while, and I was just wondering if you were going to change the top of your blog to include pictures of your adorable daughter??

Jenny said...

Oh.my.sweet.goodness...that bow and boots are ADORABLE!!! LOVE it!

Jill said...

What a cutie and what a good sleeper! I also want to know what your secret is! I have a 2 month old who will sleep 4 hr stretches at the longest (which I thought was pretty good after my son who never slept!)10-12 hrs I'm sure makes you one happy mama!
Love your blog! Y'all are all adorable!

Kilbi and Sean said...

SO cute! Could you share where the boots are from? I have a 3 month old that needs those (ha, i'm sure my husband would disagree on the need!). Thanks!