Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Guys/Girls Weekend

When we found out in May that we were having a girl, one of the things I looked forward to was knowing that Jillian and I could have girl weekends together while the boys had guy weekends together. This weekend was our first guys/girls weekend!

Josh and Brody headed to central Arkansas on Saturday morning so that they could attend Monster Jam that evening. Brody LOVES monster trucks! I'm not sure how he became so obsessed with them. I think boys are just born loving all things with 4 wheels. We waited to tell Brody on Friday night that he would be going on Saturday. It was a good thing we did because he was so excited that he asked once every 3 minutes about the monster trucks! Ha!
He wore his monster truck shirt to the event. The boys...I think Josh was as excited as Brody to be there. :)
They had pit passes so he was able to see all the monster trucks up close. He is so tiny next to this big tire!
Next to a big truck!
Josh's dad went with them. He used to take Josh to these when he was little!
These are the cars that the trucks would soon smash.
I love this picture! He was trying to get a good look at the truck. He looks so little, but so big all at the same time.
It looks like he is just about to climb inside the tire!
Brody taking it all in! We had to protect his precious little ears from all the loud noises. :)
The boys had a great time together! Brody loved every minute of it and has not stopped talking all about the monster trucks!

While the boys were away, Jillian and I had a great time together! She was so excited when I told her Saturday morning that we had the day all to ourselves! We went to Hobby Lobby, Target, and Sonic. Then we went to eat that night with my roommate and suite mate from my freshman year of college. Both girls transferred our sophomore year and ended up at the same college together. One lives up here now and the other was visiting for the weekend so we all went to dinner to catch-up! We had a great time! Jillian and I made one more trip to Sonic after we ate to get dessert and then headed home. We watched TV and made this V-day wreath together. It was my first attempt with mesh and although it's not the best I have ever seen, I'm not too ashamed to hang it on my door for the next two weeks! :) Jillian and I got up Sunday morning and went to church. Then we came home and hung out and napped together. After she woke-up from her nap, I told her the boys were on their way home and she was so excited! I think she missed them while they were gone. I missed them, too, but I had a great weekend with my girl! I loved having some much needed one-on-one time with her. I'm looking forward to lots more fun girl weekends in our future!

18 comments:

LC said...

How sweet! Your little family is so adorable Jennifer.

Gail said...

Time alone with each child is SO important. All three of my kids have been sick at different times over the past 3 weeks, so when one of them is home sick, even though we're not going out to do fun stuff, just getting to spend time with that ONE child is very special...especially with my daughter, since she's our only girl. (Poor thing is out numbered by boys!)

Sounds and looks like you each had a great weekend. Time away is good for your marriage, too. I think it makes you appreciate one another more.

The Titsworth Family said...

looks like Brody had a blast! I definitely think boys just have it prewired in them to love anything with 4 wheels!
Jillian is getting so big & I love the picture of the two of you. She looks so much like Brody!

Lauren said...

Could your family be any more precious??? So sweet!!!! :)

Ashleigh said...

So sweet!

Faith said...

Awww, this is the sweetest!!

Jennifer Gilbert Settle said...

She is SOOO adorable!! Love that last picture. Her smile says it all...she absolutely adores her mama!

Mary Madeline said...

Love the wreath!! How did you make it??

Katie said...

So much fun!

Kendall said...

That is adorable!!! She is such a doll..and it looks like Brody had the best time! You are going to be hearing about that one all week :)

Jen said...

So cute! I have been following for quite some time now and thought I would de-lurk to comment about the Monster Truck obsession! My, now 4.5 year old, has been obsessed with them since he was about a year and a half. He STILL is! I never knew that there were so many trucks and so many names and drivers, etc. It's opened up our world. His 4th b-day party was at a Monster Jam event. Glad you enjoyed your girls weekend. Those are always fun! Anyway...had to share. Love your blog and enjoy reading about your sweet family!

Nancy said...

They are so precious!

Courtney said...

oh that last picture is to die for - she is so stinking cute

Erin said...

sounds awesome. I look forward to the days when I can take my girls and get our nails done or hair done or just go shopping and get lunch. Love that I will be able to do so many things with my girls! Glad you all had such a great weekend.

Ashley said...

Jennifer, she is just too cute! And I love how excited Brody was at Monster Jam. That is adorable! You have such a sweet family!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

How fun!! She's getting so big!!

Rebekah said...

I am hoping I get an invite to the monster truck rally next time:) Hilarious!

Just Terrific said...

You have the sweetest family! Cute, cute kids!!! When my youngest son was Brody's age (he's now almost 19), he used to say "BIG trucks"
(with this low, growling voice on BIG) everytime he saw one. I think little boys love the 4 wheels but it's the sound, the engines that turn them on. Did you ever hear one play with something with wheels on it quietly ? Not very often. I am 7 years older than my brother and I remember him as a toddler rolling soup cans on the floor while making a motor-like sound with his little lips. Too cute!

What wonderful memories you've made with your kids this weekend! I can't wait to hear about the next adventure! God bless!