Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday

Brody and Jillian decided we needed an early start to our morning, despite the fact that we stayed up a little late watching the Hogs play {lose}. Jillian usually wakes-up every morning between 6 and 7, but this morning she got up at 4:30 and Brody woke-up before 7. This picture makes me laugh. Jillian loved that Brody was holding her! She looks all comfy with her leg kicked-up in the air! We played in Jillian's room for a little while this morning. Brody likes all her toys because they are "new" to him even though they are his toys from when he was a baby.
One of his new favorite things to do is jump or gallop everywhere he is going instead of walking! I asked him to get Jillian a diaper for me so I could change her and he jumped all around the room before bringing it to me! :) It's fun to watch him learn something that seems to simple to us as adults. This afternoon, Brody and I went to a beam signing at an elementary school that is one of my dad's project. We went to the ground breaking for this school back in April. Today, they let all the students who attend that school sign their names on a steal beam that will be apart of the new school building. The beam will not be painted so the children's names will always be seen on the beam. We went so that Brody could sign the beam. :) Here he is signing away! I think he will probably be a doctor with that signature! Ha! My dad "translated" his signature above the place were Brody signed. Here is part of the beam. It was full of signatures when we left! Brody was in construction overload today! All the guys were out working so he got to see about every type of equipment imaginable! My dad is so good to explain what everything is to Brody and tell him what it is all doing. When we got home, I put Jillian on the floor to play with some toys while I did a few things around the house. Big brother got down on the blanket with her to play with her. She loved watching him! He was telling her about her toys. They are so precious together! Moments like these make me so thankful that our kids are so close in age.Sweet girl! Josh and I are going on a date tonight to see True Grit. Have you seen it? If so, what did you think about it??

13 comments:

Jen Bowers said...

Loved the movie! It's a remake, so it has a really great story line. Have fun!

The Allens said...

I love the beam signing!

Maryellen said...

Jillian is getting so big. Do I see a little auburn in her hair?

The beam idea is wonderful. What a great legacy for the children.

Lauren said...

Brody and Jillian are just PRECIOUS together!!!!!!!

Faith said...

Love these pictures of your cuties! I can't believe how big JK is getting. She is a doll!

Hayley said...

That picture of Brody and Jillian where they are on the floor is so ridiculously adorable! I have just one brother who is 11 years older than me and he was my biggest role model growing up. I still look up to him and feel like opposite sex siblings have a bond that is completely different from same sex siblings. Loved this post!

Anna said...

Loved the movie! We laughed alot, even though it's not really supposed to be a "funny" story. Have fun!

Summer said...

Awesome movie. I was almost dreading it but glad we went!

Kelly said...

brody looks so stinkin' cute in his pajamas! :)

The Chrest Family said...

so cute watching them "play together" on the floor!

I don't see how yall do it with a toddler and newborn! I have a three year old son and keep pushing back trying because he is so full of energy!

Sonya said...

Jumping is something adults don't think about! When I was teaching 2-yr-olds we had one that couldn't jump and it really concerned us. All of the sudden one day while he was holding my hands he started jumping! We were thrilled and apparently he just needed someone to hold on to!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

you make me want to have another kid!! i'm so going to have to stay away ;)

hope you had a blast on your date night. i really want to see true grit. i've heard very good things.

Kelly's Avenue said...

I saw True Grit, it was good, very slow and some what funny.