Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spring Day and Winter Coffee House

Today was such a pretty day! It was almost 60 degrees outside and sort of felt like a spring day. We decided to take advantage of the nice weather and do a few fun things after MDO.

First, we stopped by and got a cupcake from a little cupcake bakery on the square. Brody loved his cupcake! Jillian wondered when she why she could not have one. A mouth full of cupcake! He left a little evidence around his mouth, too! After Brody finished his cupcake, we headed to the little park in my parents' neighborhood to play!Brody had lots of fun running out some energy! We stopped by my parents' house after we left the park. Brody mowed the yard for my parents while he was there! I know their dead yard was in desperate need of being mowed. :) Lately, Brody has been purposefully falling down. Once he is on the ground he will say, "I fall down. I me ok!" Ha! This is a picture of him after he "fell" in the yard. I think he sat there for 2 minutes telling us he was ok. :)Also, for all you local girls...
Our church, Cross Church, recently launched a new campus in our town this month. We now have 3 campuses in NWA! Our church's newest location is on Wedington Road in Fayetteville. The women’s ministry of Cross Church Fayetteville will is hosting a Winter Coffee House on Tuesday night, February 1st, at 6PM. Admission is free and they will be serving coffee and dessert.You will have the opportunity to register for Bible studies that evening, as well as hear about the church's vision for the women's ministry. If you are local and would like to attend, you can register here for the event!

15 comments:

Erin said...

I do not think we will see the day where there is no snow on the ground.. ugh I wish we could be playing outside like you guys are! Enjoy it :)

Amanda M. said...

haha! I love how he spent all that time telling you he was okay! That boy is too funny!

jill said...

precious! what a fun day! love how that sweet boy loves his cupcake. :)

Windy said...

My son used to fall down on purpose, too! Then he started sliding down like he was sliding into base :) Boys are soooo fun!

Sara said...

It sounds like it will be nice tomorrow too, but then cold again next week. The weather just can't decide what to do.

I told Julee on her blog I am thinking of joining Cross church b/c I hear so many wonderful things about it.

Sara said...

The weather sounds like it will be nice tomorrow as well!

I told Julee on her blog, I am thinking of joining your church since I hear and see such wonderful things happening there.

Ashley said...

I love how he calls himself "I me!" (I was a linguistics and English major, so I find it so interesting and adorable how little kids pick up on how certain things relate to one another like first person pronouns.) Sorry, I'm such a nerd...I just can't wait to be a mom to hear what my kids will say and imagine!

We moved to NWA back in November, so I may have to check out your church. We are looking for our church home. :)

Walking With The Wheats said...

I have to know....where did you get Brody's coat, I love it!!! Do they fit pretty true to size for the little ones?

Candis Berge said...

Jennifer, I have followed your blog for some time, coming from Kelly's blog. I had to laugh about your being outside today - I live in Minnesota and it was about 20 degrees today and we all felt like it was spring! (yes, tons of snow on the ground.) But I wanted to say thanks for the little note on women's ministries; our church is struggling and I agree to get on the ministry team to help move things forward. Warm greetings from this Minnesota grandma - and fellow believer. (Your kids are darling, by the way!)

Lauren said...

I never get tired of see pictures of those sweet kids!!!! :)

Gail said...

I do not think I could get through a winter with dead grass and where "nearly 60" feels like Spring! I just don't get that! I have no concept. :) Although we have had our share of "cold" days...like this morning it was 48 and should warm up to low 70's today.

Sunshine and palm trees for me! It's all I know. (Except for 2 yrs at Samford in B'ham). When it hits 65 I am FREEZING!

Props to you moms who have to bundle your babies in the REAL cold.

You're such a good mommy. Little things like taking him out for a cupcake and playground...he'll remember those.

Love what he said. So so cute! Your sweet Jillian is so pretty! (I happen to have a 4 yr old niece named Jillian, but it's not lip-service. :)

Megon said...

My son Bennett loves to mow as well! B also says "I ok" when he falls....boys - you gotta love them. You have some precious babies!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Tell Brody he can come mow our dead yard too because it needs it! Haha!

Can't wait for Tuesday--hoping the weather doesn't mess things up for us!

Sara and Ashley--you all need to come check out the church--we would love to have you both!!

Kristen said...

Looks like fun!

Random question for you- what is your recipe for Chicken Spaghetti?? I don't remember if you have posted it before. I want to make some!

Kristen (in MN)

Debbie said...

Brody's getting his little boy face on:) So sorry about your aunt.