Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day!

We woke-up to several inches of snow this morning! Since the schools were out, MDO was also cancelled, so we had an unexpected day at home. This was our 2nd snow day in 2 weeks.

When I went to get Brody out of bed this morning I told him there was a surprise outside. He ran to the window and was so excited to see all the snow! He quickly ate breakfast, I got him bundled-up, and we headed outside! It was so cute trying to see him walk through all the thick snow. It looks like he is giving me the thumbs-up but really his mitten was just stuck like that! Ha! Have y'all every tried putting mittens or gloves on a 2 year old? It's nearly impossible to get them on the correct way. After at least 10 attempts, I finally just stuck his whole hand into the mitten and just ignored the thumb hole. Trying to clean off his windshield so he could drive! :) He tried to mow the yard but the snow was just to high! He kept saying, "It stuck! It stuck!" The snow piled-up high on our patio furniture! (Notice he is still giving the thumbs-up! Ha!) He looked so little trekking around our backyard. His little feet! These rain boots have come in handy with the snow we have had last week and today! Jillian stayed warm inside while we played outside. I don't think she missed us! :)Brody and I had lunch and then we decided to do a little art project! I made snow flakes out of coffee filters and let Brody color them. Then we hung them in the kitchen using some raffia. I love seeing his artwork in our house! Josh worked today but he and Brody were able to play in the snow before it got too dark! They threw the ball!And played chase around the backyard!It was a fun ending to our snow day!

13 comments:

Mrs. Bee said...

awww so cute that last picture would make a great picture to put on a scrapbook page with the rest of these photos! Perfect! Love it! Happy Snow Day!

The Allens said...

That was such a fun post!

Mom2One said...

Lovely photos. Snow days are the best. I despise mittens for 2 year olds, but my best guess is that gloves would be EVEN more difficult to get on correctly. I totally ignore the thumb hole, and pray that my lil' guy doesn't notice. Haha! Rainboots in the snow ROCK!!! =) Enjoy the snow!!!

Mrs. Crofford said...

So sweet! Don't you just love snow days like this?

Linds said...

so sweet! I wish Brayden would have liked the snow. He just screamed the whole time. I don't think he likes it to get on his gloves... silly guy!

Hillary said...

What a fun idea to write your names in the snow! If only it would snow here in Texas I would try it!

Katie said...

How fun! I am sooo jealous of the snow you all got! :] I can't believe how big Jillian is getting - it feels like you just had her! Super cute post!

Karen At Home said...

What a fun day Jen!!! I love the writing in the snow, great pic!

The Gambrel Family said...

Adorable! Snow days are great!

Emily said...

Precious pictures!!! We have had our share of snow days here too.... I can totally relate to the mittens. Lincoln loves to put his on inside the house and its SO hard to put his little fingers inside each finger hole.

Gail said...

Jennifer, first of all THANK YOU for your vote on which dress I should wear (and such sweet comments!) That was fun. Did you see I picked red, though? Just fit better. :)

Secondly. Snow? What is snow? We don't have that in Sunny So. Fla! LOL! Went to Samford 2 yrs in AL, and it flurried. And I once went skiing on blown snow. What a let down.

Brody looked so cute playing. Mitten thing cracked me up. I loved the writing in the snow. Memories! :) I can only do that with sand. Or dust. LOL!

Katie said...

I am completely with you on the mittens! It's impossible. ; ) As long as their hands are covered, right?

Looks like fun!

Katie said...

What a great craft idea! Can you share some more on your blog???