Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday

We have had a laid-back, lazy kind of Saturday. Those are always the best kind in my opinion!

I went to a shower for my friend, Sydney, this morning. She is due with Emerson Kate in just 3 short weeks! Some playgroup friends hosted the shower and it was perfect! I'm not going to share lots of pictures until Sydney does, since it was her special day, but trust me, It was SUPER cute!! Jillian Kate can hardly wait for her new best friend, Emerson Kate to get here!

After the shower, I came home and hung out most of the afternoon. The kids napped and I napped a little as well and watched TV with Josh. This evening we all went to Walmart to buy groceries for the week. We have gotten in the habit of going on Saturday afternoons or Saturday evenings. All 4 of us go and we get two shopping carts. Josh takes Jillian and I take Brody. Josh gets all our weekly staples and I get all of the ingredients for our meals for the week. We meet back-up to check out. It seriously takes like 15 minutes! I love it and I love the extra help! One of the managers told me tonight that we had a really organized system! Ha! Here is my little shopping buddy!

We got home from the store and ate supper. Brody wanted to hold Jillian before she got ready for bed. It makes me laugh when I see this picture because I would have flipped out if some 2 year old child held Brody like this when he was Jillian's age, but this time around I'm so laid back. Amazing what a 2nd child does to you. :) Don't all you moms with more than one child wish you knew with your 1st child what you know with your 2nd or 3rd children? I know I do! :)

This little miss has been rolling around like crazy this weekend. She is rolling both ways so she just rolls all over the floor. She also slept without her swaddle blanket for the first time last night and did great! She is just growing so fast!

Our little project for today was to hang this canvas in JK's room. There was one small wall left in her room that needed a little something on it. I ordered this 16x24 canvas and it came in this week.

I love the way it looks in her nursery! Since the picture on the canvas was taken in her room, it matches her room perfectly.

I think my last little project in her room is going to be changing out the handles on her dresser and replacing them with glass knobs and handles. I love the look of those!

Hope you all had a great Saturday!

18 comments:

Brittany said...

JK looks just like Brody! She is sooo precious!

Megan said...

Well tell me what you now know with 2 children that you wish you knew with 1. Educate me!!

Jessica said...

What a perfect canvas! I know it makes you smile everytime you go in there. : )

The Titsworth Family said...

I've been a follower of your blog for awhile now & thought I would comment. :)

I can't believe how big Jillian is getting! She looks so much like Brody. Her canvas picture is so beautiful!

Linds said...

cute canvas!

Alex and Jill said...

We went to buy groceries tonight, but Alex just followed me around, pushing Amelia in the cart. I'm thinking your system is much better. It takes us forever!!

Love the canvas you ordered of that sweet baby girl.

Gail said...

What a sweet picture! It's great that you invested in something so special to treasure.

If you need a place to buy knobs, I recommend www.myknobs.com. I've used them quite a few times. Fast service, great prices. You can take a look at the "glass" (acrylic) knobs I did for my daughter's room: http://www.sophisticatedsteps.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-girl-sophisticated-room.html

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I had a lazy one, too.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I love this kind of day! The canvas is beautiful. And I totally agree that the second time around makes you more laid back...it's great!

The Allens said...

Her nursery is just precious!

Nancy said...

I love relaxing Saturdays! I love it when my kids nap, too!!
Glad you are having a good weekend. The canvas is precious!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Oh I LOVE that canvas! What company do you use?

Summer said...

Hey Jennifer,
I am so sorry I haven't been commenting lately, I have been reading friend I have just been so busy getting DM under control and raising Miss Kelcee I've hardly had the time to comment!

I love Brody's Northface Jacket I am slightly jealous of it LOL....Yay for ya'll organized shopping skills I need to take after you and do that....whoo hoo!!

That pic of Jillian is beyond precious I bet you just stand and look at it....she is so beautiful and she is looking so much like you :)

xoxo
SUms

The Agnello Family said...

I have an Emerson Kate too! How fun!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

She is getting sooo big! I love that canvis of her; too precious!

Melissa said...

If you are familiar with Anthropologie, they have the cutest ever knobs for drawers. I replaced my 3 yr olds with them and it looks awesome! Check out the "home" section of their website.
And I agree, I love having 2 kids and being more laid back!!!

Melissa said...

If you are familiar with Anthropologie, they have the cutest ever knobs for drawers. I replaced my 3 yr olds with them and it looks awesome! Check out the "home" section of their website.
And I agree, I love having 2 kids and being more laid back!!!

Ashley said...

Your two are just precious. I can't believe how big Jillian is getting. Wasn't she just born?? I love that Canvas. Most adorable addition to her sweet nursery!

Beth Ann said...

LOVE that canvas! And I think that might be the sweetest little grocery trip ever ;)