Sunday, January 9, 2011

Project 365-Week 1

I decided to participate in Project 365 this year! I decided even if I cannot blog every day, I can at least blog one picture for each day of the week. So here is Week 1!

1.1.11- Brody broke one of my two glass lamps that were on the sofa table in our living room. He basically just pulled it off the table by accident. I watched the entire thing happen. It felt like it was in slow motion and there was nothing I could do to stop the inevitable. I was just so thankful that Brody didn't get hurt when the lamp broke. I know I can replace lamps. At least I was able to save the lamp shade! :) 1.2.11-The 4 of us were playing in Jillian's room before bedtime this particular night and Brody told us "he wanted to hold sissy and take a picture." So that is what we did! I love how happy Jillian is in this picture, and I love how focused Brody is while holding her. Being a big brother is a serious job! Ha!
1.3.11-We met some friends at a local bounce/inflatable place. We had a great time! I love this picture because it tells so many things about Brody. He is getting so big and so brave, and he is acting so independent these days.

1.4.11-We have been finding random, unused dryer sheets around our house for the past week or so. Josh and I have not been able to figure out exactly why they have been appearing all over the house. We knew Brody was the culprit but didn't exactly know what was going on. I finally busted him in the act on Tuesday morning. He apparently likes to sniff dryer sheets! Ha! He takes them from the laundry room, smells them, and then hides them around his room. I just laugh when I see this picture!
1.5.11-This is one of those moments that I hope I tuck deep in my mind and can remember it when our sweet babies are grown. Pure joy. I just want to freeze time and keep them this sweet and innocent forever. 1.6.11-Brody went to MDO and I spent my day with this sweet girl! I cherish our time alone together. I spent so much one-on-one time with Brody the first 2 years of his life, but Jillian doesn't get even a fraction of that type of time with me. I'm thankful for our MDO days we spend together. 1.7.11-We met our playgroup at Chuck E. Cheese. When CEC came out and started walking around, Brody ran right to him. He wasn't scared at all! He kept saying, "That's Mickey Mouse!" A mouse is a mouse, right? :) 1.8.11-Brody got to have Smarties for the first time after we ate dinner. He LOVED them! He is usually very sweet to offer us candy, but he didn't offer to give away a single one. If he is anything like his momma, this will be the first of many packages of Smarties that he eats over the next several years.

17 comments:

Jaclyn said...

oh, how cute! I love that he likes to smell the dryer sheets! Precious!!

Rachel said...

The dryer sheets story is hilarious! I love silly kid stories like that!

Christa said...

What a great idea! Love this post and all the pictures!

Mommarazzi said...

So cool! That is such a great take on the 365 thing. Love the pics...how did you do the polaroid format?

Jessica said...

I love this idea! Great photos. What a great way to document the year.

Ashley said...

I love these type things! I have been doing a daily photo album on facebook for over a year now, and it is so much fun to look back over the year and see everything that happened. It does keep me away from blogging a bit, but at least I'm dedicated to getting my daily pic posted! AND I tell myself that it leaves my blog for writing in detail and with more openness (I hope--I only started it last month). *hehe*

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Alex and Jill said...

I love all of these pictures, but I think my favorite is the dryer sheet pic. I can see it now - Amelia is going to be on Strange Addictions for eating toilet paper & Brody for sniffing dryer sheets.

Jessica said...

Yippee! Knowing your doing the 365 project also helps keep me accountable. Ha!

The Rohman Family said...

Smarties are our potty training treats. Wonder if I can buy stock in those??

meghan said...

That's such a sweet way to document your week! Your kids are just the cutest.

waiting said...

Smarties have been a life saver with both of my kids. Especially when we are out shopping! They both LOVE Smarties. My 9 year old still loves them to this day:)

I can't believe your lamp was broken. My baby spilled oil from a "wallflower" on my new leather loveseat about a week ago! The spot won't come out either....Oh my....it's always something!!!

Terri said...

How do you paste the pictures onto those "polaroid" backgrounds and add the dates? I love that. Please share!

Sarah-Anne said...

brody cracks me up! that boy is going to be a handful, that's for sure. ;)
Sarah-Anne

Perfectly Imperfect said...

yay! another project 365!

i love that dryer sheet story. he's a mess! and that one picture of jillian is too precious. glad you got some time with your little girl.

Lauren said...

So glad you're doing this. I know you will be so glad you did :)

Our Family said...

I am participating in Project 365 as well. I actually just received my Becky Higgins kit last night as one of my early birthday presents. Looks like y'all are having a great start to 2011. :) Lana

amy (metz) walker said...

I love this idea! And that picture of Jillian on 1/6...be still my heart!