Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lunch Date and Cupcakes!

Because of the snow and very cold temperatures this week, we haven't spent much time out of the house, but we decided to break out of the house today and meet some friends for lunch!

My little man ready for his lunch date with Stella, Lilly and Cilla! He's one lucky guy!He took his hat off and then tried to put it back on himself. Good try, Brody! :)We had a great time at lunch with our friends! The moms enjoyed the conversation and the kiddos enjoyed playing. I feel like I say this a lot, but I am so thankful for friends who are in the same season of life as me. I seriously have the best support system in these girls, as well as my friends who don't have children yet. Each friendship is a blessing!

We got home and Brody got comfy after a diaper change! I could not stop laughing when I saw him walking around the house like this! We made cupcakes yesterday, so we had one for dessert when we got home from lunch. I found these on The Food Network blog and we made our own version. {Image from Foodnetwork.com}

Ours were not quite as pretty. I didn't have any toothpicks to spread the gel icing so I had to use a knife! Ha! They were still fun to make and even more fun to eat! :) Hope you all are having a great week!

13 comments:

The Allens said...

Your cupcakes look awesome! And I love Rebekah and Cilla! You are blessed to be able to spend time with them. We miss them in Texas!

Amanda said...

I made those same cupcakes a last year and mine didn't look anything like hers! The picture of Brody just cracks me up!
BTW.... I wanted to get any tips from you. I am having my first baby via c-section MONDAY!!Dr. Seale is my doctor and I know you had her also. What do I need for post surgery? Did they get you one of those belly wraps or should I buy one?
If you have time to email me I would appreciate it. Thanks!
mjbidwell@gmail.com

Erin said...

look at those yummy cupcakes!!

Lauren said...

SO fun!!! Glad y'all got to get out!!! :)

Charon Benton said...

cute cupcakes!!!! ANd even "cuter" little boy!!!

Emily said...

Brody is such a stinker! I really wish I had more friends in the same season of life as me... it would be such a blessing!

Love the cupcakes.. doesn't matter how they look as long as they taste good!

Nancy said...

You did great on the cupcakes! How cute!

Sarah-Anne said...

oh, boy. i feel you! nothing on a website or in a magazine can possibly turn out like it does in the pictures. although, your cupcakes look GREAT! great job jennifer!
Sarah-Anne

Maryellen said...

Well Brody is a man who clearly knows how to RELAX...

Good for him . . . hah

Cupcakes looked great !

Alex and Jill said...

Brody is hilarious. I love his personality.

Emily said...

cupcakes look oh so yummy!!!

Rebekah said...

We love getting to spend time with you! I don't know if we should say lucky Brody or poor Brody when he has to hang out with all the ladies!!!! At least he will know how to handle all of Jillian's drama after hanging out with all of those drama queens! We may have to try those yummy cupcakes!

Matt, Stefan, and Halle Kate said...

Oh my goodness that boy is too stinkin cute! One of my favorite pictures of my brother is him wearing his diaper and rain boots! That cracks me up!