Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy 4 Month, Jillian!

Jillian turned 4 months old on the 15th! It's crazy to me that it was a year this past Tuesday that we found out we were pregnant with her and now she is 4 months old! We celebrated with a snowflake cake in honor of winter! :)
Jillian even matched her cake in her new, cowl neck sweater dress.
She has such a sweet smile!
Her sweet face is looking so girly!
She has already started giving the pouty lip and puppy dog eyes. Her daddy buys this little act every time! :)
She has started taking notice of her cake! I think she a big bite! Such a happy girl!
Here is what you have been up to this month:

-You are wearing 3 month and some 3-6 month clothing.
-You are wearing a size 1 or 1-2 diaper.
-I don't know exactly how much you weigh but I bet it's around 14-15lbs. We go for your 4 month appointment soon so we will find out then!
-You used to look like a really big baby, but now you are starting to look really petite and girly. I think it's really sweet!
-You are still nursing exclusively and nursing really well. You nurse every 3 hours during.
-When we give you a pumped bottle you are taking 5 ounces at a time.
-You are still sleeping really well in your crib. You have now been sleeping in it for 3 months!
-You are sleeping 10-12 hours a night. You are a great sleeper, except you have started waking up when your pacifier falls out. You usually do this around 2:30 and 4:30. You stay awake until we put it back in your mouth and then you are asleep again within seconds.
-You are still taking regular naps between every 3 hour feeding cycle. We are going to work on extending your day wake time this month and getting into a good routine of just a morning and afternoon nap.
-We still swaddle you for naps and at night. You love to be swaddled!
-Because we have been so consistent with you sleeping in your crib for all naps and at night, you aren't a very good sleeper when we are out and about or when we are out of town. We usually have to come for your naps or you will not nap in your car seat. You love your own bed!
-You have started laughing so much this past month! You sound so girly when you laugh and squeal! It's so precious!
-You are drooling and chewing on your hand like crazy! Your little gums are white at the bottom but we haven't seen any bumps yet! I forgot how hard teething can be when you are little.
-You are such a happy baby!
-You are also an easy baby, but if you want something you are so dramatic! You really don't cry when you need something, you just scream...loudly! :)
-You rolled from you back to your stomach this month. You can now roll both ways, but you don't do it all that often! You just kind of roll from side to side.
-You have really started to try to sit-up lately when you are laying on your boppy! It's kind of funny to see your little body pulling itself up.
-You have started to enjoy playing with some of your toys. You usually just stare and swat at them but you are so happy when you do it.
-You have started to grab and hold on to things like necklaces and my hair!
-You have really started turning your head a trying to find us in the room when you hear voices.
-Your eyes are still really blue and your hair still looks like it's turning blond. We love it! You are also so fair complected.
-Your little personality is showing more and more each day.
-You love watching Brody play!
-You really love Brody and smile and coo at him when he is near you. The only time you don't seem to really like him is when you are tired and as soon as he walks in the room you start screaming! :) We joke and say you are going to be a big tattle tale! You also start blinking really fast when he gets near you. I think you are nervous and know you are about to get a face full of kisses! He loves you like crazy!
-We celebrated your first Christmas this past month and your first New Years!
-We adore you and we love you so very much!

37 comments:

Charity said...

oh.my.word. that is the most adorable little outfit EVER!! and yes, she is really looking very little and girly!! so cute!!

Laura said...

I started reading your blog right before Jillian was born and I am just amazed how much she has grown! She is beautiful, Jennifer!

P.S. I love the cake, too!

Shannon said...

that dress is adorable!!!! I need one for my daughter!

Erin said...

Oh my . . the cowl neck dress! And that sweet face . . she's going to be a gorgeous little girl . . .taking after her momma I think :) So sweet! I love your cake idea too! Don't they grow so fast? My little man is turning one next week!

Kelly's Avenue said...

Happy 4months cutie!!!!

Kelly's Avenue said...

P.S she looks so cute :)

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Somehow I missed the post with brody in his shirts and rain boots--I am cracking up!

We did your snowflake craft today! They are super cute--I think I am going to mail a couple to Mike and DeDe so that they get to experience some "snow" when they get back from Hawaii! Ha!

Jillian is getting so big and turn into such a baby GIRL! She is so adorable!!

Oh, and I love Brody's "thumbs up" in the last post too!

La Dolce Vita said...

She is SO precious! Happy 4 Months!

Todd and Courtney said...

That dress is my absolute favorite.

Lisa said...

oh Jennifer she is getting so big and just beautiful as ever!!!

Aimee said...

She is so adorable! And love that sweater dress!

The Allens said...

LOVE the sweater dress!

Cuddles and Chaos said...

She is beautiful. i love her dress.

Christi

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I'm totally dying over that DRESS! Little miss thing! Oh, too, too cute!!

Maryellen said...

Lovin the dress . . . she is precious . . .

Sara said...

Oh so sweet and cute!

Ashleigh said...

Too adorable! Happy four months!

Heather said...

She is PRETTY! So sweet. I love Avery Kate at the age she is now, but these pics make me miss her at this age just a little. I know you are enjoying her---sweet thing!!

Dianna said...

I absolutely love that outfit she has on!! Adorable!!

Jill said...

I love your cakes each month, what an awesome tradition. But girlfriend, can I just say that I wish I looked like you if I downed a piece a cake every month. You are awesome!! Love your blog, I have been following it for a long time and always enjoy it!

Gail said...

She is a beautiful baby (but you knew that)! I think SHE makes the cute dress look even better. :) And you must be the best mom ever for making a cake for each month of your baby's life. Too cute.

To think my daughter was once 4 months. Years go by too quickly. (Tear drops.)

Kelly said...

Jillian is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Mrs. Bee said...

where on earth did you find her dress? It is absolutely fantastic and adorable on her!!

Jessica said...

She is just perfect, Jennifer!

Kristin said...

That is the cutest dress I have ever seen! And Jillian is so so adorable. What a cute little face :) I have a 6 month old boy and this post made me hope I get a girl next, so I can buy cute little dresses and bows. Ahhh the cuteness is too much!

Ashley Davis said...

I don't know if you remember me but I graduated from Benton. I am sort of new to blogging and have grown to love reading your blogs. Just wanted to say Hi and say if you get a chance, check out my work in progress.....

DavisDailyGraces.blogspot.com

The Rohman Family said...

Wow! She is so cute! I've always had the problem with my own boys of not sleeping well away from home because we have such a routine and they love their own beds. I would love some comments on other readers on how they have dealt with this. Mine are 2 and 10 months right now, 20 months apart. Maybe we should just stay home. HA!

Laura said...

Oh, how precious!

Nancy said...

She really is BEAUTIFUL! What a little doll in that dress! I love the fact that you celebrate with those neat cakes! They are all so pretty!

Livy said...

She is so pretty. Such a sweet girlie look. :)

Emily Richardson said...

LOVE her dress, cake, bow.. everything:)! Pretty sure she is starting to look like her big brother!!! So sweet and beautiful!

Katie said...

Jillian is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I melted when I saw those big eyes and little pouted lip. ADORABLE.

Traci said...

Jennifer, she is absolutely beautiful! She looks so petite. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her dress!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

4 months...WOW! She is a cutie!

Brooke said...

Jenn- She is so adorable! I must meet her soon! I love that even though we never get to talk, I still feel 'in the know' through your blog! Tell Protein hello :) I am going to try and be a better blogger!!

Erin said...

4 months already.. wow time flies.. love that you are doing the cakes again!

Rebekah said...

The Harris family would like to be in on the celebration of your kids' month birthdays a) because we love the Francis fam and b) we would like to eat Rick's cake with y'all!!! Thanks!