Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Funny Brody

Brody is at the age now where he is always up to something. I feel like I spend most of my time attempting to keep him out of things, or cleaning-up messes he has made. He is hilarious and is always doing something funny without even realizing it. Here are a few recent examples...

I found him asleep on his bedroom floor the other day. He had a book propped-up on his legs and Jillian's pink pacifier in his mouth. I guess he snuck it out of her room when I wasn't looking! :)

I was cleaning-up after breakfast the other morning and Jillian started fussing. It was time for her to eat, but I was quickly trying to finish wiping down the high chair before I sat down to nurse her. Brody took matters into his own hands and got an empty milk carton out of the trash and gave it to Jillian. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Sissy need milk!" Yes, yes she did. I give him points for association. :)


Brody has a new obsession with laundry detergent. Anytime I leave the laundry room door open, he runs as fast as he can into the room and gets the box of laundry detergent down. He will start scooping it out of the box and then pouring it back into the box. He says he is "making bubbles!" I wonder if he has figured out you have to put the detergent in the water before it makes bubbles?


He has recently learned how to open the refrigerator door. This is how I discovered he could first open the door. I walked into the kitchen and found all the dressings and condiments lined-up on the kitchen floor. My first reaction was to be so proud of his organizational skills, but then reality set-in and I realized we needed a refrigerator lock asap! Josh put one on that night. Too bad he figured out how to break the lock open a few days later....I was nursing Jillian in another room and when I finished and came into the kitchen, this is what I found. Nice, huh?He emptied out the entire refrigerator without breaking or spilling a single thing...including eggs! That's talent. :) He even took all the drawers out and refilled them with all sorts of things! Josh bought a new lock that night and we haven't had an issues since then. Here is Brody attempting to sit in Jillian's lap the other day. The entire time he was saying, "Hello itty bitty sissy!" Ha! He is crazy about her and she just thinks he is crazy! :) As exhausting as having a busy 2 year old and a new baby can be, we are loving every minute of the chaos!! I wish I could just freeze time some days and just enjoy this phase a little longer.

39 comments:

Ashley said...

It is nice to see a shot of reality...and to know that I am not the only one living the craziness of raising two kids! The pictures of the fridge made me laugh! Very cute...but not fun to clean up! Thanks for sharing

Sarah said...

oh what fun days you have!!! The fridge thing is great! We have a french door fridge with the pull out bottom freezer. My daughter now hangs from the doors trying to get them open.

Stephanie Marie said...

Hahaha this post cracked me up! My husband came in and asked me what I was laughing at so hard :) Good job capturing all the pictures... he'll surely appreciate them one day!

Morgan Paige said...

these are too funny!!!

Morgan said...

I have so enjoyed following your family. Brody is a doll and reminds me so much of my son who also loves detergent...specifically hiding batteries in it. Thank you for sharing.

Megan said...

I love that you are recording these stories! They will be so great to look back on!

Amanda M. said...

He is one seriously crafty little dude. My favorite posts are the Brody posts - he is just TOO funny and cute!

Linds said...

I am so impressed that you can laugh at the stuff he does. I find myself getting SO mad when my son gets into things, that it's hard for me to unwind. I tend to babygate him in his room while I am nursing our newborn.

The Allens said...

Aaron LOVES to organize our food - canned and refrigerated!

The Townsend's said...

That is too cute! Funny big brother :)

Mallory said...

LOL!!!!!

Preppy in Polka Dots said...

I love this post! All those pictures made me laugh out loud at my desk! What a cute family you have! I have been reading your blog for sometime now and love hearing all your new adventures!

Jaclyn said...

I love this post! he is all boy huh? what a busy busy boy! he must sleep so well at night!

Rachel said...

That is TOO precious! Makes me smile. I love little stories like this. He is such a sweet little one. You are so blessed :)

4byGODSgrace said...

Love this post and the pics are too cute! You should buy him one of those kids food kits or just give him a bunch of your cans while you're nursing to keep him busy! He could organize for hours!!

Emily said...

This post just makes me laugh! My little guy is almost 1 and crawls as fast as he can to the fridge every time I open it so I know that the same thing is going to happen in our house! : )

Brittany said...

I rarely comment on your posts, but today I was reading and my 2 1/2 year old son was sitting next to me. He has the same color hair as your son, and seems to be just as precocious. He looked over at the computer and said, "that's me?" and I said, "no, honey, his name is Brody.". He then looked again and said, "that's my friend." I guess he thinks they are kindred spirits because these are totally things my son would do!

Shannon said...

this post made me laugh... it sounded like my household a few months ago!

alexismcdade said...

Bahahahaha! Thanks for the laugh today!!!

I think after he emptied the fridge I would have gave him a wipe and let him finish the job!

Lauren said...

I SO loved this post!!!!! That boy is a mess!! But a wonderful mess and I know you wouldn’t have it any other way!!!! :)

Madison said...

Haha!!

waiting said...

Seems we have the same son except mine starting opening the refrigerator about 2 months ago (he is 20 months now). All I do is clean up his messes too!!! ARGGH!!!! Fun times! My 9 year old son NEVER did these things!!! This is a challenging baby for me:)

Laura Burciaga said...

Oh my gosh, he is too funny! And very bright! At least he doesn't have a problem finding things to ammuse himself! :)

Katie said...

This post made me smile! My son Drew is 16 months and I think he is going to be a lot like little Mr. Brody! Too cute! :]

Katie said...

Hilarious about emptying the fridge! Wow, that is talent.

Kelly said...

You know this just makes me laugh because it sounds SO MUCH like Harper. I have to go TODAY and get a new lock for our pantry because every chance she gets she goes in and shuts the door and has her hand in the chips bags.
We are waiting for the day for her to be able to open the refrigerator. She's trying - THANK GOODNESS it's heavy!
Oh this is a fun age!

Mom2One said...

I laughed the entire time I read this post. Reality is simply hilarious sometimes! Great post!

Laurie said...

I love that first picture! So precious!

caknitter said...

The refrigerator incident is hilarious!

Rachel said...

HA! This whole post had me cracking up! I thought the one of Jillian with the milk jug was funny, but then when I got to the ones of the fridge and his "organizational skills" I really lost it. What a funny little guy :)

Alex and Jill said...

Oh Jennifer...this makes me laugh so hard! He is so funny & SO busy. I'm impressed that you even have time to blog anymore...so glad you do though - I love reading about you guys & what the kiddos are up to. :)

Emily said...

That is HILARIOUS about Brody and the refrigerator!!

Carol said...

Oh my word! Every bit of this post was hilarious! Keep that boy busy!

Cindy said...

This is hilarious!! I love the emptied fridge. :)

Fran said...

Absolutely precious!!!! It all goes in the blink of an eye, so sit back and enjoy! ;)

Renea Flaishans said...

Oh Jennifer, thanks for the laugh tonight. I thought my oldest daughter got into a lot of things when she was little, but she never emptied our fridge.

After a long hard day this made me laugh :)

Rebekah said...

SHUT UP! I don't know what I will do the day Cilla can get in the fridge and clear it out!!! This is better entertainment than writing all over your living room with a marker! I want to see pictures!!! Funny how that stuff is funnier when it not my living room!

Love from Texas said...

Oh my! I've never commented before but I got the biggest kick out of the fridge pics! My husband came in and had to ask what I was laughing about. Haha... I have a 2.5 yr old boy and we had a little girl in August... I can relate, sister! Really is the best of both worlds though :)

The Belt's said...

I have laughed so hard about the fridge emptying! It sounds like something my little boy would do. At least he hasn't drizzled chocolate and strawberry syrup all over EVERYTHING in his room! Yes that is what my child did! It was a mess, but we couldn't help but just laugh about it.