Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas-Part 2

We spent Christmas morning at our house, just the 4 of us! Josh and I decided before we were even married that we would spend Christmas mornings just us. Every Christmas since we have been married we have done that. Even when it was just the two of us, we still spent that Christmas morning with each other. We love spending time with our families at Christmas, but we want those mornings to ourselves to make memories with just our little family! It's, hands down, our favorite Christmas tradition. I cherish the time we get as a family of 4.

This Christmas morning was even more special for us because it was this sweet girl's first Christmas! She was so excited! Can you tell? Our boy was VERY excited when he woke-up! This was when we went to get him in his room that morning. He was getting so antsy during his diaper change! :) I have loved the past two Christmases with Brody, but this year was the most fun we have had with him! He is at such a wonderful age! When I used to think about Christmas mornings with him, I would always look forward to him being 2 and older because I knew he would really start to enjoy the day. While we always want our children to know, understand, and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, we also want them to enjoy the magic and wonder that comes with it!

Since Brody and Jillian's birthdays are only 2 weeks apart, they were both 3 months old on their first Christmases. Since that was the case, I was able to put Jillian in the same pajamas Brody wore on Christmas morning his first Christmas! She had several pairs of Christmas pajamas but I thought it would be special for them to wear the same ones.
I added a bow in her hair to make the pajamas a little more girly! :) I hope any future children can wear these pajamas, too, or they may feel left out! Ha!
Brody got lots of fun gifts from Santa! He loved his new monster truck track! Daddy and his girl! Our sweet babies.
We are so thankful for them and the joy they bring to our lives, especially at Christmas time!
Brody was SO excited that Santa brought Jillian a pink teapot. Brody's friend has this same teapot and he loves to play with it at her house! Ha! And here are the attempts at a picture of the two of them... Ok, so maybe we will get a good picture some day! :)

One of our traditions on Christmas morning is to make homemade pancakes for breakfast after we open gifts! Brody LOVES pancakes! Jillian was wondering when she was going to get to enjoy them, too. Next year, sweet girl! :) Hopefully, I can post our last part of Christmas tomorrow! I feel like I need to get all my Christmas posts in before the new year!!

17 comments:

Sarah-Anne said...

she is growing up so fast! oh, and we can't forgot about Brody. he is growing so much as well!
Sarah-Anne

Andrea said...

Aww, so sweet! My kids were able to wear the same Christmas pjs too...8 years apart. Good thing I keep everything :) Your kids are super cute!

Sara said...

Aw, it looks like you guys had great Christmas as a family of 4! Brody and Jillian are so adorable!

Erica said...

Brody's faces crack me up! And Jillian is so beautiful! Glad you guys had a great Christmas! :)

Lauren @ Our Very Blessed Nest said...

Jennifer, you have such a beautiful family! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! And I love your tradition of spending Christmas with just your little family! I think it makes the memories all the better for them! This is what we've done since having children and will continue to do. I have some family that has a hard time dealing with this tradition for our family, but it will never change! I hope you have a very blessed New Year!

Mommarazzi said...

We do the same thing...Christmas morning just the 4 of us and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (although this year we broke that one because of the massive amounts of sugar consumed the day before!). Love the pics of the two of them...I have learned to cherish even the crazy, not perfect pics!

Katie said...

Love the pajamas, Jennifer. Great idea! Jillian is so precious.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

They are so cute! And the pajamas are precious.

Brittany said...

You have an adorable family! Love Brody's faces in his pictures with Jillian!

Kodi said...

hahaha Brody is such a crack up. I love the faces he's making. Ornery boy!

Karah said...

Brody and Jillian look so much alike. Your family is so precious. Looks like yall had a wonderful Christmas morning :)

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

The expression on Brody's face in the pictures with Jillian crack me up!!!

Betsy said...

So sweet! That looks like a very happy morning with your two sweeties! I love that they both got to wear the same pajamas. :) Happy New Year, Jennifer! I pray God's blessings on your sweet family in 2011!!

Cerys said...

Our little girl Ava had that teapot too! She absolutely loves it and hasn't stopped playing with it since Christmas Day. Money well spent! We had a manic Christmas and spend parts of the day in 6 different places. It was definately too much and next year we hope to have a fair more intimate and easy going time as a family. Happy New Year!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you are doing a daily pic, too. I'm nervous I will get busy and lose a few days, but at least we are trying, right? Ha, ha! If having Harbor has taught me anything, it is that time passes FAST!! : ) Happy New Year, Jennifer!

Rebekah said...

Brody is one of my favorite kids in the entire world! He cracks me up! You guys are so cute!

Tahnie said...

Too cute! My little girl has the same boppy cover and Santa brought her that tea set as well. :)