Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Card 2010

Over the past 2 years, my idea of a great picture has changed. I used to think the perfect picture of a child was them looking at the camera,sitting still, happily smiling in their perfectly clean clothes...but then I had children of my own! Ha! Now I know that a great picture is one where my children's personalities are showing and where I can look back one day at that particular picture and remember Brody and Jillian exactly as they were at that point in time.

Well, this year, our card shows our children just as they are at this time in our lives. I really wouldn't have it any other way, even if you can't see Brody's eyes! Ha! I know years from now I will look back at our card from this year and laugh. I will think about our precious baby girl and how happy and easy going she was at 3 months old. I will look at our card and remember what a fun 2 year old Brody was and how he constantly kept me on my toes, and never smiled for the camera! I know when I look back at this card my heart will fill will joy and I will remember how truly wonderful this time in our lives was, and that means more to me than any perfectly posed picture!

Merry Christmas from our family!!

27 comments:

Jessica said...

I couldn't have said it any better! : ) Great picture!

Kaysie said...

Such a cute card! I love their reindeer jammies. :) Have a great Christmas!

Kristen said...

ADORABLE!!

Bonita said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!!

Barbara said...

What a cute card with cute kiddos. Merry Christmas!!

Lacey said...

so cute, and so very too! I love these moments with my son. :)

Lacey said...

so true. and such a cute card!

Diane said...

TOO CUTE!

Ben and Emily said...

Love it!

Merry Christmas!
emily

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I think you're card is perfect. The picture is adorable!

Alisha Harris said...

This is SO precious!!

Ashley said...

Too darn cute for words!! I love the originality of it and why you chose the picture. Brody is so cute no matter what he is doing and Jillian is just a doll.

Taylor said...

I love it! I think it's absolutely perfect!

Ashley said...

The PERFECT card! So cute! ;)

A Wedding Story said...

Your babies are so, so precious! Merry Christmas!

jenn said...

well said!
and actually made me choke up! ha!
thinking about 'looking back' years from now..i guess just really struck a cord of emotion for me. =)

i couldn't have said it any better!!!

i follow you on twitter (@jenngetts)

Mallory said...

It's perfect!

Shannon said...

Love!!!

Claire said...

Love the card and the jimjams!

Merry Christmas!

Cxx

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

I love your philosophy! And your card couldn't get any more adorable! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Christa said...

What an adorable card! Merry Christmas!

{Louisiana.Bride} said...

I love it! I am obsessed with everyone looking at the camera and everything being "perfect" too. But this is perfect!

Heather said...

She's so cute! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! I can't believe how big Jillian is getting, let's get together soon!

Fran said...

You are exactly right!!!

Hope Christmas day is full of love and joy!
Hugs,
Fran

Erin said...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Lauren said...

Oh my word! I LOVE the card!!! With a 2-year-old boy and 4-month-old girl myself (plus my sweet 4yo girl), I know just exactly how you feel about this picture. :-) Merry Christmas to you all!

amy (metz) walker said...

Great card...it's not only precious, it's authentic! Love that!