Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010-Part 1

Our Christmas celebrations began on Wednesday when we packed-up and headed to see Josh's family. Josh's sister and brother-in-law flew into town on Tuesday to spend the week with his parents. We had not seen them in 2 years so we were excited for them to see how much Brody had grown and we were also excited for them to meet Jillian!

We got to Josh's parents' house Wednesday evening. We spent Thursday just hanging out and running some errands. We treated Thursday night like it was Christmas Eve. One of Josh's family traditions is to open presents on Christmas Eve and then do stockings on Christmas morning, so we opened gifts that evening. Brody had a lot of fun and we all enjoyed watching him! He is at such a fun age and enjoyed Christmas so much! It's hard to believe this was his 3rd Christmas! I think he ended up opening his gifts and most of Jillian's gifts, too! This was one of his favorite gifts...a new backpack for him to use at church and MDO. He actually found the backpack in a gift bag under the tree on Wednesday night so Josh's mom moved it before he got up the next morning. When he walked over to the tree the next morning he said, "Where my backpack?" Needless to say, he was really glad they finally let him have it! We loved having Jillian here with us this Christmas! It was such a special Christmas since it was her first. It's still hard for me to believe we have 2 sweet kids now! They are such blessings to our family! Friday morning was "Christmas morning" at their house. Brody got a few more toys and we all got some great gifts in our stockings. Jillian just took it all in that morning!She got a few more pink, girly toys! It's fun to have dolls and lots of pink in our house this year! We got dressed and then had a traditional Christmas lunch. Josh's grandpa was there for lunch, also! We were so glad to get to see him. We had not seen him since July so it was his first time to see Jillian.
Brody helped Pappaw open some of his gifts. The table set with all the pretty Christmas china. I said a prayer over the china. You have to when you have a two year old eating near it! Ha! Our family before lunch! Notice no one is throwing a fit. Huge progress! :)Brody with Josh's parents We left their house as soon as we finished lunch! We had planned to attend the Christmas Eve Service at our church that afternoon so we headed back in enough time to basically drive into the church parking lot. I turned around at one point on the drive back to check on the kids and it looked like Brody had blush on his cheeks. I stuck my hand back to feel of his head and he was burning-up. I told Josh we needed to stop by our house before we went to church so I could take his temperature. It was 101.7 and it was the first time he had ever had fever! Poor guy! Even though Brody would not have been in the nursery that night at church, we still were not going to take him sick to church. We stayed home and laid on the couch. We were so sad to miss, as we have gone every year we have been married, but we knew Brody needed to be at home. I also knew he didn't feel good when he spent an hour sitting still in my lap watching cartoons.

Jill worked all day Friday so we had all planned to all meet at my parents' house later that night to eat after she got off work. I called Jill and asked if they cared if we came over even though Brody had fever and they didn't mind at all, so we headed over around 6. We had a great time eating and letting Brody play! We left there house around 8 so we could get the kids into bed and get ready for Christmas morning!! I will post about Christmas Day tomorrow!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time with your family! I had a bad cold on Christmas and now my little one is throwing up. It's awful being sick during the holidays! I hope Brody is feeling better now.

Stephanie
http://www.dirtandlace.com

Todd and Courtney said...

So this is funny: Lauren wore that exact some outfit as Jillian - red top, black pants AND she is wearing the Santa Carter's PJS as I type this :) We like Carters too :) I'm glad ya'll had a great Christmas!

Just Terrific said...

Awww...I hope Brody is better by now. Isn't that the way it goes? I hate it when anyone gets sick for the holidays.

Cute, cute kids!!! BTW, where did your MIL get Brody's cool backpack? I have a grandson who was 2 on Dec. 1. I'd like to get one for him.

Belated "Merry Christmas" and a Happy New Year!!

Nancy said...

We had fever at our house too :( Thank the Lord it went away!! Happy New Year to your precious family!

Cassie said...

Love Brody's backpack. We have one too! Hope Brody is feeling better.

Charity said...

Was that a Dirt Devil I saw? I bet Brody was in hog heaven!!!!!

{Louisiana.Bride} said...

I know what you mean about praying for the dishes lol! I just crack up everytime I see a little boy hand reaching over the table, they are into everything haha.

Andrea said...

Ah, I know exactly how you feel about the china. Our family ate on my Christmas china, except our two year old. He ate off plastic :)

I can't believe he's never had a fever, what a healthy little boy! I'm glad he's feeling better!

Jessica said...

Super cute backpack! Maybe Harbor needs to borrow it sometime! Ha, ha!

timlinzrowland said...

So sorry he was sick. My two boys have been sick and I have had to miss our Christmas eve service for the past 4 years. This year we all 5 made it and no one got sick! YAY!
Merry Christmas!

Claire said...

What lovely pictures! I hope Brody is feeling all better now.

Cxx

Alex and Jill said...

I imagine it was lots of fun to see little girl things being opened this year. :) Love all of the pictures! You guys are a beautiful family.