Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Fun

I am a little behind on updating on our weekend. Better late than never, right? That's my new motto with two kids! Ha!

Saturday morning, Brody went to a birthday party for his friend, Zach! It was at a really neat place that had inflatables for the kids to jump on. We will be going back very, very soon! Brody had such a great time playing. He also enjoyed the yummy cookie cake! :) Jillian and Daddy hanging out in the party room!
Saturday night, Jill, Julee and I went together to watch Kelly dance at a charity event. There was a group of who went to support Kelly. We had such a great time! Here is our fun group! Melissa, Julee, Kelly, Jill and Me....Such sweet friends!! Kelly did such a great job!! I was so nervous and I wasn't even the one dancing! Ha! We were so proud of her and all her hard work!


After all the NWA stars preformed, they had an open dance floor. I kept talking a big talk and saying I was going to go cut in and dance with one of the professionals. I never got up the nerve to do it. About that time, they asked for volunteers to come onto the dance floor to dance and Jill was so nice to volunteer me to go dance. Ha! This guy was one of the professionals and he came over to the table and got me. He was real serious about dancing! Ha! Please notice that we have our arms locked. Ha! I thought it was hilarious!! I think Jill was really proud of herself, too. ;)
Jill must have felt bad because she and Julee came and joined me once we started dancing! It was such a fun evening! I was so thankful for a night out with friends. Josh did a great job at home with our kids! He is such a good dad.

Sunday morning we went to church. That afternoon we decided to skip our normal Sunday afternoon nap and get caught up on laundry. The laundry situation had gotten bad around here! I think there ended up being 10 loads of laundry that got done that day. It felt good to be caught up again! Sunday evening, the Greens came over for our bi-weekly, Sunday night dinner. Sarah cooked pork tenderloin, green bean bundles and mashed potatoes. It was sooo good!! We had a great time, as always!

Jillian and Payne sharing a boppy! I cannot wait until they are a little older and can interact with each other. I know they are going to have so much fun!
Hope your week has gotten off to a good start!

11 comments:

Michelle Carney said...

jen, remember when josh said "you can just get the boppy", and i was like i don't know what a that means? haha!!! now i am so informed!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww, all you girls look great! and the littles are so cute :) isn't it such a blessing to have such wonderful Hubby's that are the best with the babies :)

The Allens said...

10 loads of laundry? You are not making me feel less nervous about having a second baby!

sccrmdfld said...

TOTALLY JUST SAW YOU ON TLC ON 19 KIDS AND COUNTING!!! YOU LOOKED GREAT!!! AWESOME!!!

Hollie said...

I think I saw your sweet little girl on TV! Have a great week!!

SayRah said...

Sounds like a blast! Great pics :)
And yes, laundry can be...not so fun. haha.

Nancy said...

She is a precious baby! Looks like the night out was fun! It's refreshing to be around friends & dance!!

Lauren said...

Fun weekend!!!! All of you girls looked beautiful and of course the kiddos are adorable as always!!! :)

Virginia said...

Hey Jennifer! Saw you on 19 Kids and Counting last night!!!! My husband and I love that show and watch it every week. I'd told him you met them a while back so it was fun to see the episode. He said "Why are you acting like you know this girl?" haha! - Virginia

Katie said...

So glad you had fun dancing. Ha! That's great!

thescenefrommeblog said...

Awe, I would have loved to have been there. All you gals look fabulous. BTW, who sent out the black attire memo? Ha!