Thursday, November 11, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

Yesterday morning, we went to church for our monthly MOPS meeting. Brody stays in childcare during our meetings but Jillian still comes with me to the meetings. She did great during the two hours we were there. I asked Kelly to come speak at our meeting yesterday. She did a wonderful job sharing with our group. I am so thankful she came yesterday even though public speaking isn't her most favorite thing! :) I know we all enjoyed having her there.Kelly was sweet to help me into church with all my bags and children. Brody loves Kelly. I tell her all the time that he has a mom crush on her because he usually talks about her for a few days after we see her. Yesterday, she was trying to get him out of the car and he would not go to her. He was being a little toot! I just keep reminding myself that this is a phase. I think I say that at least 10 times a day! Ha!

Speaking of MOPS, the episode of the Duggar's show that our MOPS group was on aired on Tuesday night. It was fun to see all of my friends on the show and it was fun to see myself still pregnant. This was filmed in September, exactly a week before Jillian was born. Here is my table on the show the other night! ;)
Yesterday was also our 3 years wedding anniversary! We have had a busy 3 years, to say the least. I didn't have time to do a post yesterday, but hopefully Josh knows I love him a ton! :) My parents came over last night to watch Brody and Jillian so that we could go to dinner. It was the first time we had gone out alone since Jillian was born. We went to one of our favorite restaurants to eat. We stayed 2 hours. We were finished eating after the first hour but we ended-up staying and talking another hour. It was some much needed time away, just the two of us!

This morning, I took Brody for his 2 year check-up. I scheduled the appointment two months ago and scheduled it for 8:30am. This was obviously before I had two children and realized that it's not as easy to get out the door early in the morning. Ha! My morning started really early so that I could get Jillian fed and myself ready, but we made it on time to the appointment! Josh was such a great help this morning before he went to work. He fed Brody and got him dressed while I was getting ready.

Brody had a HUGE growth spurt between his one year check-up and his 18 month check-up. He didn't grow too much from his 18 month appointment to today, but our doctor said that's normal and that Brody is still right on track. He is still a good sized two year old!

His stats today were:
Weight: 31lbs- 75th percentile
Height: 36 inches- 75th percentile

Brody read a few books while we waited on the doctor!
Brody was very ahead developmentally so I was excited about that. The doctor and I discussed everything from potty training to fit throwing! I was glad to get some encouragement and to know that we are doing the right thing with Brody. We are so thankful for a great appointment and a happy, healthy boy! What a blessing! Little sister went with us and took a nap during the appointment. At the end of the appointment I asked our doctor to take a look at Jillian's belly button. Her umbilical stump fell off at 3 weeks but a little bit of pink tissue remained and her belly button had been oozing for the past few days. I looked it up online and thought she might have an umbilical granuloma. She has her two month check-up in a couple of weeks but I didn't really want to wait until then to ask about it. When I explained it to our doctor and showed him her belly button he told me that it was, in fact, a granuloma. It's really no big deal. He treated it with some silver nitrate and the remaining tissue should fall off soon! It's not painful at all and her belly button should heal like normal. You can tell by this picture that she could have cared less about the entire situation! ;) After Brody's appointment, we went home so that I could nurse Jillian and change diapers, then we headed to eat lunch with Heather and Hailey. Heather and her husband have a little boy that is 10 months older than Brody and a little girl, Hailey, who is 7 months older than Jillian. Her kids are 25 months apart so we have a ton in common. Heather is always a stage ahead of me so I love when we get some time to visit. She is such an encouragement to me since she knows exactly what my life is like! :)

Hailey was such a doll at lunch! She is 9 months old and has such a cute personality! I'm going to go attempt to get started cooking dinner before either child needs me! Wish me luck! :)

24 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very adorable! Love Jillian's flowers!!! Can't wait for my little girl to get here. But don't know how I'm going to handle a very active 19 month old on top of a newborn. Happy Anniversary.

The Allens said...

That was a great post!

capperson said...

Cute post! Love all the pictures. Jillian is soo cute!! So is Brody :)

Linds said...

oh, that is hilarious they aired the MOPS meeting. I might have to see if I can find the episode to see if I made my television debut (let's hope not!) haha!

Laurie said...

So cool that you got to be a TLC star! I loved sitting with you yesterday. I think SK had the same thing with her belly button.

Sara said...

I'm laughing about this a little since we just talked yesterday about how hard it was for you to get to the hair appt at 12:30 - congrats on making there by 8:30. Ha!
Bryce had to have his belly button treated with silver nitrate for a while and it healed just fine ;)
Happy Anniversary!!

Summer said...

OK Jennifer this is so funny, I have become friends with Katie for about a year now and we write and email etc, and anyways I knew ya'll were gonna be on the Duggars and when I watched it I was like oh I know her and her and her and her, and the hubs was like well Summer you don't actually know them LOL and I was like well kinda I do in blogland and I do talk to a few of them so yes it counts hahahah anywho I thought that was you, I saw Katie and Shannon up front and center and I was looking for you and then I thought is that Jennifer, welp I guess it sure was LOL....I was lovin' the zebra table cloths how fun! I am glad Kelly spoke that is awesome! Jillian is so stinkin' presh and it looks as if she has as big a flower clip collection as my little Miss Kelcee does! Brody is a cutie pie as well! Isn't it presh to see daddy's with their little girls?!?! It melts my heart to see Greg be so gentle and kind with Kelcee so sweet oh you just wait until Jillian will want Josh to play tea party, secretly tape it....trust me its the best LOL

xoxo
Summer

Summer said...

OH ps HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Mary said...

Great post! You're doing a great job transitioning from one to two kids. It's so hard at first-soon you won't even think about it! My kids are all close together so I can relate to so many stories you're telling...and I, too, had them soon after getting married. It's a whirlwind! I'm so grateful and thankful for the gift of tending to them but it does get hard. Helps so much to swap stories with someone a little ahead of you kids'-age wise. Glad you have someone close enough for fun lunches who understands what you're going through!

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Lisa said...

I enjoy reading your blog so much. Your little ones are absolutely precious! Are both of Jillian's headbands from Just Simply Dainty? I LOVE the one she has on in the top picture. I also saw you on TV and told my husband I know her even if it is only through your blog and twitter!!
My little ones are 21 months apart so I know exactly the season of life you are in right now! I have 2 little girls but its all the same at this age, but its fun!

Amanda M. said...

Happy Anniversary! I missed the 19 Kids and Counting episode! I am so sad- but I have it all set to DVR when it comes on next Tuesday! :)

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

Happy Anniversary! Jillian looks so sweet sleeping! Sorry Brody is being a toot :) He's cute though!

Erin said...

wow lots to talk about :) Love that he is doing so well and so happy and healthy!! Also glad you got some alone time with the husband!

Erica said...

My daughter had the same thing with her belly button! I had never heard of it before, but they also treated it with silver nitrate (twice) and then it became perfectly normal. Interesting!

Samantha @ Mama Notes said...

I hear you about getting out the door in the morning! I have a new baby and it takes us FOREVERRRRR to get out the door. My toddler is 20 months so I know where you're at :)

Kelly said...

I Love Brody! He's my favorite little boy - even if he snubbed me yesterday! ha!
You know you are my mom idol and I'm glad you are a few months ahead of me so I can get advice from you! Or at least have someone in my shoes who understands my craziness! :-)

Megan said...

I totally saw you on TV, it was fun to see all you blogger girls on there even though I don't really know you guys I felt like I did when I saw you on TV. HA! I love reading all your posts about mommyhood! You are a couple of steps ahead of me so I like to see what lies ahead!! Makes me excited! :-)

Mary said...

Hi, Jennifer...love reading your posts about your sweet, beautiful children! I too am a new mom to two little ones...although i have a 3 year old boy and a 6 month old boy...and i promise you the fit throwing will soon subside! it is probably because of Jillian's arrival (although i could be totally wrong, but when my 3 year old started throwing fits ALL the time it was right when his baby brother was born) it has gotten SO much better in the last month (only took 5 months! lol) and now that my 6 month old is sitting up they are starting to really interact and play together...but just wanted to let you know it does get better and yes its just a phase...but i know what helped my 3 year old was getting some alone time with just him...me and my husband took him to see toy story 3 when it came out and we let my in laws watch the baby...and my 3 year old enjoyed it SOOOO much...so maybe yall could go do something with just Brody bc im sure he is really wanting some one on one time with just you and josh...anyway i'm sorry for rambling! your doing a great job with your kids!
-Mary

Nancy said...

I love Jillian's cheeks!!
Happy Anniversary! When I watched that show the other night I wondered if that was your church!
My 2 are 7 years apart, so I should have it under control, but I don't :) You are doing great.

Lauren said...

SO fun y'all were on TLC. You AR girls' are celebrities, haha!!! :) Seriously, if you EVER need a babysitter, I'm on the first plane to AR! Ha!

Kristin said...

I just found your blog and had to comment. My husband & I were married Nov. 10, 2007, as well! We just had our first baby on September 27. Happy Anniversary to y'all!

the kriegels said...

just watched the duggar episode! so fun!

April and Brad said...

Hey Jennifer! I love reading about your cute family!! Where is Jillian's blanket from...love it! :)