Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Past Few Days

I decided to cover the past few days in one big post!

Friday night, we stayed home in our pajamas and had a fun family night. Josh went to pick-up pizza for dinner and cookie dough at the store. He came home and we ate and just hung out on the couch all night. It was nice to spend the night at home with no plans.

Brody and Josh played a lot that night. Josh can get Brody laughing so hard. I love when he belly laughs and can hardly catch his breath. It's so cute!Love those brown eyes! We had a lazy Saturday morning. Jillian had a growth spurt on Thursday and Friday and I was a little tired from not sleeping much and feeding her a lot so we just relaxed most of the day and watched a lot of football. Josh had this sweet girl to snuggle with while he watched a few games! :)That evening, Josh, Jillian and I went to the last home Razorback game while Brody stayed with Josh's parents. It's so crazy that I started the football season pregnant and ended it with a two month old! We only missed one home game the whole season and it was when Jillian was 10 days old. She went to all the other home games with us.


Here are two pictures from this season...The first is the night of the first home game, only 11 days before Jillian was born. I walked so far that night up huge hills to get to the stadium. How was she not born at the game? Ha! The second picture is at the last game this past weekend! It was such a fun season and one we will never forget! :) The game Saturday night was well attended but not sold out. There were a lot of empty seats in the area we sit in so we ended-up moving next to my parents for the 2nd half. It was fun to sit with them for a little while! Brandon's birthday was the 8th so we had his birthday lunch after church on Sunday at our house. I cooked enchiladas and of course, we had cake! Jill ordered Brandon a deer cake in honor of deer season. Brandon loves to deer hunt so this cake was perfect for him!For the past 3 years my mom has told Josh he was her favorite son-in-law, since he is the only son-in-law. After April, he will have some competition! Ha! Brody did a little construction work in the living room while we finished eating. The Soon-To-Be Shumards!The birthday boy turned 26! Brody helped Boo blow out the candles. I don't think I have told y'all that Brody started calling Brandon "Boo" several months ago so now we call him Boo. Ha! Brandon got a little cake smashing practice in before the big day! He said he would not be doing that at the wedding because Jill had threatened him already. Ha!Yesterday afternoon, I had gotten dressed and left our bedroom and bathroom doors opened. Brody went into our bathroom, got out some of my lip gloss and made himself comfy in Jillian's bouncy seat. I walked in and found this. Apparently lip gloss goes on your forehead. Who knew? :) He's a handful! Last night, we went to eat at the Harris' house. Rebekah has become a good friend over the past few months. I just love her! She is so sweet and so funny! She is one of those people that I feel like I have known forever. We had a great time eating with her and Flint. Brody and Cilla seemed to enjoy their meals, too! Thanks, Cilla, for letting Brody come play with you! He had so much fun!

7 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of Brody in the bouncy seat is KILLING me! Total senior yearbook photo! :)

Summer said...

Jennifer,
I am laughing so hard at Brody in the bouncy seat with lip gloss on his forhead....bahahahah that is the funniest ever! Boys will be boys! How cute is your razorback shirt when you were pregnant love it! Jillian's outfit is presh and I love that ya'll are already making her into a huge fan :0)

I love laid back weekends with just the hubs and Kelcee so bonding and relaxing! Brody is so cute and has the prettiest brown eyes!

That deer cake is super cute and LOL about practicing for the wedding sure hope he doesn't do that or that the cake has green icing eeeeeeeeek on a white dress ya um that could be interesting LOL

I love Jillians announcement, how presh, did you have them made by the same lady that made Colson's? Katie sent me one and I still have it on the fridge and love it so much....

xoxo
Summer

Jennifer said...

Oh how funny is he w/the lip gloss??? I have to keep my little boy out of his little sister's bouncy chair too. He is such a funny little guy!

Alex and Jill said...

1. I seriously just want to squish Jillian...she is so cute! Amelia has those same baby legs...but we channel the 80's and use them as leg warmers. HA!

2. The pic of Brody in the bouncy seat - priceless. That boy is something else!

Nancy said...

They are so precious! Isn't it amazing how two products from the same two people look different?! Only God could create that!

Erin said...

looks like a busy some what relaxing at times and fun past few days!!!

love all the pictures :)

Megon said...

Fun times and the cakes always look so yummy!!! Oh- please share with us soon how you got J to sleep so much at night already!!!!