Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Long Weekend Away

Wednesday, we left to go to Benton to stay with Josh's parents. Josh was working in central Arkansas on Thursday and Friday so we all went down to stay. It was the first time for us to travel since July. It was also the first time for me to pack for 4 people...one being a baby with a ton of stuff! I thought Jillian looked cute Wednesday in her little sister onesie. She looked a little stressed though. This is kind of what I looked like after packing for 4 people to go away for 5 days and trying to remember all the little things we needed! :) We stayed in Benton from Wednesday until Josh was done with work on Friday afternoon and then we left there and all went to Branson to shop for the weekend.
Jillian was super sweet on the entire trip. She is a really good baby. This was her first time to sleep away from our house. She wasn't the best sleeper, poor girl. :) I remember Brody was a great sleeper at home and a bad sleeper away from home when he was her age, too. Jillian sleeps about 8 hours straight at night at home but was up every 2-3 hours on our trip. Brody and Jillian both slept in pack n' plays in the condo. It was funny to see two of these in our room! Brody never woke-up during the night when Jillian cried even though they were right next to each other. He did great!Jillian laid on Josh's chest and just talked and smiled at him at night before bed. She is such a happy baby. Brody loved getting a lot of attention from Josh's parents and it was nice to have a few extra hands through out the weekend, too! Love these two! I love the face that Jillian is making! Our little family...it may be years before we get another good family picture! Ha! Josh's parents with Brody and Jillian.
Thanks for a fun weekend! Hope you get some rest this week. We know you probably need it after 5 days with us! Sunday evening, we had our bi-weekly dinner with the Greens! It was a great night, as always, with our friends! These two cuties had a great time hanging out together while we ate. Hope you all have a great Monday! I am going to try and tackle the laundry from the last 5 day and try to unpack. It might take me all week. :) Thankfully, we don't have to travel this week so we can just relax and enjoy the week with family!

12 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now, and thought I would finally come out and say hi! Your family is beautiful! I am laughing at your family picture. My babies are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 and we CANNOT get a good pic! one day...one day!!!
Hope you have a great thanksgiving!

Ashley E. said...

Your babies are so sweet. Does Brody sleep good when y'all travel now that he's older? My daughter is the same way, sleeps great at home, terrible when she's not in her bed!

Alex and Jill said...

Brody is such a good sleeper! Amelia is like that...she sleeps very well in hotels, which is surprising because hotel cribs and pack-n-plays are not that comfy!

My favorite pics are the one of Brody & Jillian - how he holds her is so cute and I love how calm you and Josh are in that family picture, while Brody is crying! LOL You guys are such a beautiful family.

Kelly said...

Travelling with just Harper is a major stress to me. I can't imagine the first time we pack up and take both girls with us. It takes me days to pack now as it is.
Which reminds me......... I better start packing for this week. ha!
And Could B&J be ANY cuter???

Sara said...

Oh, the packing with kids. We packed an entire car full for our first road trip to Ohio! We would see other people traveling with two or three kiddos and just wonder how they got everything in the car with the children and themselves. Ha!

The family picture just makes me laugh....hopefully you can try again on Thursday:)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Erin said...

love the two pack n plays at the end of the bed!! Too cute. Glad you had a nice weekend away!

Katie said...

Glad ya'll had fun! Way to go packing the kids. ; ) It's not easy!

Crystal said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! We are going to Fl. in a couple of weeks to visit my husband's family. I'm starting to stress over packing too. Where did you get Jillian's pants from in the first picture? I have that same skirt for Macey!

Rebekah said...

The two pack-n-plays in the same room scares the jeebers out of me! Glad it was a good trip! This is how I can't even handle one kid....I got off Friday on our Thanksgiving adventure without Cilla's bag! That's right...all she had were the pj's on her back! Good thing her babysitter is heading to Little Rock for Thanksgiving!

Miranda said...

Your little ones are SO adorable! :-) I'm so glad ya'll had a great weekend!! :-)

Stephanie said...

I can so relate! I'm packing right now for everone in my family. This will be our first trip with two babies as well. Whew! What a job. :) Glad ya'll had a great time.

Claire said...

Oh what cute photos! Your children are adorable!

Cxx