Monday, November 29, 2010

Jillian's Dedication

This past Sunday was a very special Sunday for our family. We participated in baby dedication at our church. The service was a special time of praising God for the wonderful gift of our daughter as well as dedicating her back to the Lord and committing to raising her (and Brody) in a Christ-centered home.

Here is our precious girl dressed for church Sunday morning. I loved how sweet she looked in her smocked dress. Big smile!Jillian and me before the service began. Josh and Jillian The dedication service was prior to the start of the regular church service. Each child was introduced along with their parents. We were presented with a Bible for Jillian and then we were prayed over as a group. Brody was apart of the service with our family. I was a little nervous about how he would do, but he did great! I think there were around 20 children dedicated in our service. Here is our family on stage with our Pastor. The Bible that was given to Jillian. I love seeing her name on this. There was a short reception for the families following the dedication service. Our Pastor's wife came and spoke at the reception for a few minutes. She is always such an encouragement to parents, especially moms of young children. After the reception, they took some family photos. This was the best we could get of our family. I am just thankful everyone was looking in the direction of the camera and no one was having a meltdown! :) We are so thankful God gave us Jillian and Brody. We look forward to seeing the way He uses them in the future. What a joy it is to be their parents!

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

26 comments:

Laura said...

God has blessed you with a beautiful family! I loved this post!

Mallory said...

You have an absolutely GORGEOUS family! Jillian is BEAUTIFUL!!! (And so is Brody!)

Susy said...

I just can't get over how big Jillian looks already! She is so precious! Baby dedication is so special...I love those Sundays!

Ashley said...

LOVE the pictures, so special girl... HUGS!

Susy said...

I feel like I should correct my previous statement...I just can't believe how "grown up" Jillian looks already! After reading some other comments today I don't want the word "big" to be misinterpreted! Ha! She is precious!

Alex and Jill said...

Look at your cute-color-coordinating-selves!! What a special day for your family. Children are a true blessing. Brody and Jillian are blessed to have you and Josh as parents.

Karah said...

What a special day. You have such a beautiful and precious family

Krystal said...

How wonderful!!! And Jennifer...I love that necklace!!

Sara said...

What a special day! You have such a beautiful family:)

Katie said...

What an amazing day! So sweet and special!

Ari said...

She looks just like Brody! Both are cuties!

Traci said...

What a special day for your family. You all look gorgeous!!

Gail said...

How wonderful! I remember doing that for all three of my children. My oldest is nine and has already made a profession of faith - NOTHING greater than that - and the other two are on their way. (In fact, I think my little guy is going to be a preacher...like his Grandpa! Seriously. I know God has something very special planned for him already.) I pray the same for your children. May God bless your family. I love the scripture you attached.

LUZIA LOPES said...

.When I opened the blog today and saw Jillian so beautiful white dress made me very happy, especially because it was being presented to our Creator, that God will always keep you on your path, and many congratulations to you parents for now is teaching the way their children must walk

Kelly said...

That's a great family picture!!! And Jillian is just precious in that dress!!! I could eat her up!

Sara said...

What a special day! You have a beautiful family!

Katie said...

Beautiful fam picture! Love it.

John and Riley said...

What a beautiful day for your family of four and a wonderful memory to treasure!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely precious!

Amanda M. said...

Beautiful!!!

Karen At Home said...

Such a beautiful family Jen!! Jillian just looks so adorable in her dress, I love her sweet smile.

Miranda said...

Look at that beautiful girl! :-) Such a special time - Ya'll are great parents!

Faith said...

She is a doll! Love these pics from such a special day!

Fran said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! What a special day. Enjoy!

Emily said...

The family picture is beautiful! And Jillian looks so adorable is her little white dress : )

jenn said...

gorgeous family picture =)
what a special day for all of you!!!