Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween

We had a fun time Sunday evening with our little giraffe! This was the first year that we took him Trick or Treating and he seemed to have a great time.
Brody was excited to go visit our friends' houses. Jillian wasn't so excited because we told her she couldn't eat any candy this year! Ha! I probably hugged and kissed Brody at least 100 times Sunday night because he was just so sweet in his little costume. :)
A few pictures of the two of them together...
I love the way Brody is looking at her in this picture. He looks so concerned! Brody was talking to Jillian and trying to get her to smile.

Maybe a kiss will help? We decided since Brody is so young to only take him to a few friends' houses and to my parents' house. I am so glad we did because Brody would just walk right in to every house we went to once they answered the door! We need to work on that before next year. :)
Our first stop was Ryan and Sarah's house! I love that Sarah answered the door with her camera in hand! The cutest little bat I have ever seen. We laughed so hard when he spread his little wings! He is such a precious little guy and we just love him! Our 2nd stop was at the Fite's house which is right across the street from Ryan and Sarah's house. Brody tried to swipe the entire candy bowl from Heather!
After we left the Fite's house we stopped by the Hilborn's house. They were hanging out with our friends, Maggie, Ben and Lauren, so we got to see all of them when we made this stop. They are all friends from Benton and we have known them since elementary school. I love that they all answered the door for Brody! :)
Our next stop was at Leslie and Blake's house. Brody was getting really good at ringing the doorbell at this point. Our last stop was at my parents' house.
Jillian was happy to finally get out of her car seat and get a little attention and loving!I love this picture of Brody. Our little family! This picture makes me smile. Brandon and Jill were hanging out at mom and dad's, too! I am trying to take pictures of them each time I see them so we have lots of cute pictures for a wedding slide show or to frame for various things! :) Only 6 more months until the big day! This was Brody's candy haul from the 5 stops we made. I think he did pretty well! Josh and I might have eaten some of his candy before I took this picture. We were just checking it for safety purposes. Ha! I put his candy bucket in the middle of the kitchen table thinking he couldn't reach it. I was wrong. Josh and I were getting Jillian ready for bed. When I came back into the kitchen, I found Brody standing in the chair eating his candy. He's a little sneaky! Jillian was so tired after our fun night. She needed a little cuddle time with her favorite guy!
I love the memories we make as a family on nights like these! They are priceless and precious to me.

22 comments:

Julianna said...

You have such a beautiful family, and I love reading your blog. Your stories about Brody are always so cute, and Jillian is beautiful! I haven't ever commented before, but I decided to today! =) I love her room photos your posted awhile back, and the "birthday cake" every month is such a unique/cute idea! I know i'm being overwhelming now, but I look forward to seeing your sweet family!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Ha! D tried to walk in a few houses too. :) Brody was such a cute giraffe...and his sweet little pumpkin sidekick was just as precious.

Chick in the Czech said...

I've been reading for a while but I had to comment on this post because Brody looks SO adorable! Your family is so cute.

Nancy said...

Precious memories! Your babies looked so cute! Looks like a fun night was had by all :)

Linds said...

my son tried to walk into every house too-- so funny! he was SO upset when he couldn't go in that he would start screaming... all of the other kids we were with stared at him like he was crazy!

Kelly said...

Brody is so cute in that giraffe costume - I want to hug and kiss him! Harper was getting very into trick or treating too. She points at her basket and begs for her candy constantly but I'm the mean mom who won't let her have any. I don't need her to be any more "sugared" up and wild than she already is! ha! ha!

Lauren said...

Soooooooo precious! Y'all are just such a cute family!!!! :)

Hattie said...

God has blessed you with such a beautiful family!!! That pic of Brody sneaking candy is too cute! Ha!

Laura said...

The picture of Brody peeping into his candy bucket with candy in his mouth is priceless! And I loved Jillian's outfit and tutu!

Tori said...

I have followed your blog for so long and our kids are basically the exact same ages!! It's so funny cause Brody and Landry (my little boy) remind me SO much of each other! Some of the things I read or the pictures on here, I laugh about because I have a similar picture and/or story too! The kids looked precious for Halloween, glad y'all had a good time!

Megan said...

Hi Jennifer, I've been reading your blog on and off for awhile now. What a cute family! I think we have some friends in common. I have 14 month old boy/girl twins. My son's name is Brody. :) I was wondering if you had any "Brody" clothes that you'd be interested in selling...?? If so, you can email me at purrfectmeg@aol.com. Thanks!

Traci said...

What cute pictures! You have a beautiful family.

Todd and Courtney said...

Lauren got really into the trick or treating this year too. Todd and I did lots of taste testing :) Their outfits are so cute! I miss Lauren being able to fit in that cute tutu onesie!

Karen At Home said...

Such sweet pictures Jen and so many beautiful memories to cherish! I love that our Jillian's wore the same outfit, their Mommy's have some great taste! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Halloween!

Karen

Nicole said...

My 2 year old did the same thing. He would just walk into people's houses looking for candy! Luckily, we also just went to friends or acquaintance's houses!
Nicole

Megon said...

Sweet memories!!

Holly said...

I noticed in your last pic of Jillian that she is wearing a "swaddling" blanket! I don't know what I ever did without mine for the first 2 babies...it's a lifesaver! You have such a sweet family!

Katie said...

What a fun night, Jennifer! Brody is getting so big!

Amanda M. said...

Brody is just so cute. I cannot stress that enough!!
Jillian is so beautiful, too! I love her flower!

Alex and Jill said...

Oh my goodness...the pics of Jillian crying are sad and precious at the same time!! She is so sweet. As is her big brother! Love the giraffe costume! :)

Ashley said...

How precious are these?!?!?!

Hollar at me on FB, I want to come see you asap!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I absolutely, positively LOVE your blog! :) I have been reading for a while now and I've never commented - I have no idea what my problem was, but here I am. Seriously, you're one of my favorites. And you've made me slightly less afraid to have a repeat c-section, so thanks! :)