Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy 2 Month, Jillian!

Today, Jillian is 2 months old! It doesn't even seem possible that she can already be that old. These past two months have flown by so quickly.

Our precious, girl! We love those big. blue eyes!

Her turkey cake! I thought it was really cute!

Big girl with her cake!

She was looking at Jill in this picture. Jill told me that she thought Jillian noticed her poof for the first time tonight. Ha! I'm sure Jillian was wondering what that big thing on Jill's head was! :)

I love her little belly. It's starting to stick out of her clothes a little more. :) She was exhausted after posing for so many pictures. Sweet girl!
When we did monthly cake parties for Brody we never sang or made a big deal about the cake. We just took his picture with the cake and then we would eat it. Well, tonight I was about to start cutting pieces of cake and Brody said, "happy cake song...blow candle out." Sooo we sang happy birthday and let Brody blow out 3 candles! Ha! He is so funny!Jillian with her favorite guy. They are crazy about each other. :) I thought it would be fun to compare Brody's monthly pics with Jillian's pictures. Here they both are at 2 months. Josh and I think they look alike, but Jillian's face is rounder.

Here is what Jillian has been doing this month:

-You are wearing 0-3 and 3 month clothing

-You are wearing a size 1 or 1-2 diaper.

-I don't know exactly how much you weigh but I bet it's around 12lbs

-You are still nursing exclusively and nursing really well. You nurse every 3 hours during the day like clockwork.

-We have started giving you breastmilk bottles this month and you have done really well. You are a little picky and will only take the bottles if the milk is really, really warm.

-We moved you to your crib the day you turned a month old. You had been napping in your crib but you had still been sleeping in our room at night. You love your crib and you have done great in there at night this month.

-You have been sleeping from 10pm-6am for the past week or so. Sometimes you wake up at 5 instead of 6. We are really excited about the sleep we are getting. After I feed you at 5 or 6 you go back to sleep for 3 more hours.

-We swaddle you for naps and at night. You hate it for the first 3 minutes and then you stop crying and go straight to sleep. It's great!

-You have started smiling and cooing so much this past month. We love it! After you nurse, you are so happy. You will just coo and smile. It's my favorite time with you. You love to smile at your daddy, too.

-You are such a good baby. You are very easy unless you really want something and then you let us know!

-Brody LOVES you!! We always say he loves you a little too much because he always wants to be with you. Sometimes I have to hide you in your room or in our bedroom just so you get a break from the constant attention from him. :) You act a little high maintenance when Brody tries to get near you and you start screaming like he is annoying you. I think you are going to be a little tattle-tale when you two are old enough to play together. Ha!

-You like tummy time but you usually get so comfy on your belly that you just curl-up and fall asleep.

-Your getting so strong and can hold your head up really well now.

-Your dark hair is starting to fall out and it looks like it's growing in blond. You might be a blond hair, blue eyed girl!

-You still love your bouncy seat. You don't love the swing so much!

-You found your hands this month and you love to stare at them. It's so cute!

-You do really well riding in the car. You don't cry very often in your car seat which is nice because we can go places easily during the day.

-We love you like crazy!!!! You are such a beautiful and sweet baby girl! We are so thankful for you.

20 comments:

Kelly's Avenue said...

She is adorable.....great pictures. Happy 2 months sweet girl. Cute cake

Rachel said...

She is absolutely beautiful! What a little blessing. Your family is so precious :)

Tahnie said...

What a cutie! She's a healthy girl! My little one is 9 months and doesn't even weigh 15 pounds yet. I love her outfit and recognize it from Target. They have the most darling baby stuff.

Summer said...

Wow I can't believe she is already two months Jennifer! She is so pretty and I love her flower clip with the bling in the middle! That turkey cake is adorable and I love that her big bro wanted ya'll to sing the birthday song and blow out candles, betcha ya'll will be doing that every month lol....

OK so that look on Jillian's face when she discovered Jill's poof is beyond priceless, that is totally a framed pic picture hahahah
love it....tell Jillian I am certain her aunt Jill will be showing her how to poof before she knows it....after all she did show all of us....LOL

xoxo
Summer

Erica @ All About Aleigha said...

She is such a doll!

Katie said...

I love Brody and Jillian's side-by-side pictures. I think you should do that every month!

Mallory said...

What a precious girl!! I do think her and Brody look a lot alike in the side-by-side picture! And what a cute cake!! YUM!

Nancy said...

She looks so healthy & is simply beautiful!

Rachel said...

You're baby girl is SO adorable!!! :) I love her bow and her that cake is too cute!

Rachel said...

Oops didn't mean to put that extra "her"!!! :)

Karen At Home said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I can't believe she is two months either! What a precious little peanut she is. I finally watched the 19 and Counting episode with Jeff the other night. He was cracking up that I actually "knew" you! LOL!

Take care!
Karen

Faith said...

Mercy, that baby is cute, cute, cute!!!

Lauren said...

Happy monthday Jillian! :-) Such a sweetie!! Getting to be a little chunker too :D

Jill said...

I seriously think she saw it! I figure since Brody has a faux hawk, Jillian Kate can have a poof! What do you think?!

capperson said...

She is so adorable! Cute pics!

Ashley said...

Jillian is such a beautiful baby!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Ha! Jill is going to be trying to poof her hair before she turns 3 months! (c:

I can't believe she is two months old! Love her big flowers and round sweet face. The turkey cake is precious--she is one thing you will be thankful for this Thanksgiving for sure so it totally fits!!

Gotta go--I can hear glass hitting the floor in the pantry (luckily not breaking).

Kelly said...

I can't believe she's 2 months already! I love that you compared pics with Brody - they DO look alike!! She is going to be beautiful!!!!
And that cake is TOOO cute!

Erin said...

she sure is growing!! Look at her and look at that yummy cake!

Just Terrific said...

Beautiful babies!!! Just beautiful! I don't think that I've ever commented on here before. I found your blog from Kelly's Korner 2 years ago in August (not long before Brody was born) and have read it ever since!

I have a grandson, Levi, who will be 2 on Dec. 1. I am so impressed with your testimony and your family. God bless you!!