Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Weekend...A few days late!

We had a really laid-back weekend, which is what we needed!
Friday was my first day with no help! I have had a few mornings alone and then I have been alone on MDO days since I just have Jillian, but Friday was the first day I have been alone with both kids from 8-5. All of our family has gone back to work or back home so I am now on my own. Friday went great! We spent the day just hanging out around the house. Brody and I played for a little while during one of Jillian's naps. I have laughed at how Brody had no interest in certain baby toys that we cleaned out of his room until we put them in Jillian's toy basket and now he wants to play with them all the time! :)Sweet girl. She is a very easy baby and I am so thankful for that. Especially since her brother is such a funny, busy boy!When Josh got home from work Friday I had both kids ready, the diaper bag packed, and I was dressed and ready to go. I was very ready to get out of the house for a little while. We left and went to dinner. I tried to get a picture before we left but Brody is no longer interested in the camera and would not sit still or look at me for anything. I think he has decided 2 years of constant pictures are enough. Ha!Me and Jillian...I look like I am about to fall asleep standing-up! Ha! After we ate we stopped by Target. I am almost sure they have missed me in there. I have only been once or twice in the past 4 weeks! Josh is thankful! ;) When we were checking out the cashier gave Brody 2 stickers. He kept one and gave one to Jillian. Such a sweet brother!
Saturday morning, he gave her the sticker again. I think he really wanted her to wear it all weekend!
We had a really lazy Saturday. We ran to Sam's and ended up eating lunch at the snack bar. I might have eaten A LOT of food for lunch. I am blaming it on nursing and the ginormous appetite I have right now. After we ate, we just walked around and looked at random things. Brody and Josh found this huge stuffed dog. Brody loved it!
It was about as big as him! After Sam's we made a check trip to Walmart. I ran in and got ingredients for taco soup while they all stayed in the car. We headed home and watched the Razorback game. Brody wore one of Josh's Razorback hats while he cheered for the Hogs. :)
Saturday night, Josh was cleaning Jillian's little umbilical cord and most of the stump fell off. There are a few pieces still drying and falling off now but for the most part it is gone. I have so many pictures and things to update on! I asked Jill if she wanted to start blogging for me because I just cannot keep up! Ha! Hopefully I will get caught up soon! Hope you all are having a great week!

25 comments:

Amber said...

Your family is so cute :)

It's great to hear how family oriented you are. A lot of families don't do family things on the weekends and it's just refreshing to hear about the family that sticks together!

I love reading your blog :)

Meet the Brummett's said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Jillian is beautiful and Brody looks like he is shaping up to be a wonderful big brother. There is no greater reward than watching your children interact and fall in love with each other!

Rebekah said...

I understand!!! I have an 19 month old and feel like I do not have time to blog! I can't imagine the craziness of TWO! You are doing a great job! Hang in there! And I happen to think you look beautiful and hate you just a little since you are so skinny and have a newborn!!!!!

Angie said...

oh my seeing that sweet baby gives me baby fever bad! no more tho! you are such a sweet family...and girl you look amazing!

Traci said...

Y'all are just the cutest little family!! I can't believe how skinny you are already!

Aimee said...

Such a beautiful family! You look awesome. Please share you secret to looking so good so soon. I had my baby boy 7 months ago by c-section and can't seem to lose the tummy.
Congrats to you!!

Kelly said...

Jillian is precious and you look amazing! I keep wondering if I'll still blog every day once the new baby comes. I'll probably rather nap. ha!

Bonnie said...

She is so cute! Well, they both are! We saw those big stuffed animals at Sams Club & I took Jarrett's picture with the monkey a while back.

Brittany said...

Ok, so you look amazing and Jillian is just beautiful! Of course Brody is cute as usual! :)

Laurie said...

Jillian is a beautiful baby!!!!!!

Ashley said...

Y'all are so cute! Jillian is just precious, and Brody is such a sweet brother to her! And you are supermom at home all day with them and ready to go to dinner! I hope I can be like that! : )

Jaime said...

Glad you guys are getting out of the house! With our second baby, we were out within that first week. With our first, I was so overprotective and scared of going out with a newborn. Ha! I'm much more chilled out now. You look great!

Christa said...

Jillian is too cute! You look fantastic!

Courtney said...

You are so skinny! Your kids are just precious. My daughter wanted to bring that big dog home too. What is it about Target. Maybe they put something in the air to make you want to just throw everything in the cart. Ha!

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

Such a cute outfit Jillian is wearing!

Amanda M. said...

You guys look great! Brody is such a doll and the baby is just beautiful. :)

Ashley said...

You have beautiful babies! I'm loving your blog.

Caroline said...

She is so precious...she looks like she's got make-up on. Adorable!!!

Twinkletoes said...

So glad you are all doing well. Holy cow, you look amazing! How do you do it???

Domestic Goddess said...

great pics! your kids are adorable! I love your target comment...I'm sure my hubs can relate too! :)

Alex and Jill said...

First off, you look amazing.

Secondly, Jillian's has the sweetest little face. It's amazing how different she looks in every picture!

Lastly, love that Brody is loving his little sister...there is nothing like having a big brother. Trust me, I know. I have the best! :)

MrsMc_B said...

Jillian is so beautiful! And you are so skinny already. :)

Nancy said...

She is precious!

Karen At Home said...

What a sweetie Jillian! I love all of her little outfits! Glad to hear things are going so well, you look amazing Jen!

Karen

Natalie said...

Jennifer,
I've never commented on your blog before, but I've been following you for awhile! Just thought I'd say your family is so beyond precious and Jillian is beautiful! You are so blessed! Enjoy every minute... I have a 5 1/2 month old and I feel like time is just flying by way too quickly!