Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy One Month, Jillian!

Yesterday, Jillian turned one month old! If you have read my blog for a while, you know we did a monthly cake party for Brody every month of the first year. I took his picture with all of his monthly cakes and used the pictures at his first birthday party so everyone could see how much he grew the first year. Of course, we are going to continue that little tradition with each child we have, so last night was Jillian's one month cake party!

Here is her cute, little cake!
The side view Jillian wore boots and leggings for the first time yesterday! I squealed a little when I put them on her because she just looked so cute! She has tiny feet so the boots are still a little big. I think she will be able to wear them most of the fall. Thanks, Aunt Jill, for the cute outfit!Cutie pie! I love her double chin! Jillian was not to thrilled in this picture!I think she was just upset that she wasn't going to get to enjoy any cake. Ha! Daddy couldn't stand to hear his sweet girl cry so he came to the rescue! And after a little loving from both of us, she was a happy girl again!
What you did this month:
- You are wearing newborn diapers still and some newborn clothing. This last week I have been putting you in 0-3 month clothing and they fit.

- We weighed you a week ago (3 1/2 weeks) and you weighed over 10lbs!

-You are nursing like a champ. It has been very easy for us and I am very thankful for that. You have gotten yourself on a good nursing schedule. You nurse every 3 hours during the day and have been going 4-4.5 hours at night the past few nights. Most of the month you were going every 2 hours at night or every 3 somtimes. I am excited about every 4 hours!!!

-You are still sleeping in our room at night. I am honestly shocked by this since we moved your brother to his crib at 2 weeks. I am just too tired to walk across the house in the middle of the night this time around. Ha!

-You sleep great in your crib during the day. I think you love your girly room!

-You have started getting into a really great eat, wake, sleep cycle during the day so I think you and Babywise are going to get along well. ;)

-You LOVE your bouncy seat. You do not love your swing.

-You are an easy baby but even though you are easy you are SO dramamtic! Bless your heart.

- You are starting to be more alert during the day. You are very content to just sit and look around.

-You do pretty well sleeping through your brother's loud noises! I guess you are getting used to it.

-You rarely take a pacifier. When we give it to you, you usually gag.

-You seem to like tummy time.

-This past week you were having tummy time while I was doing a few things around the house. When I looked over at you, you were on your back just looking around!! Apparently, you can roll over but we just haven't actually watched you do it. Your brother rolled over from tummy to back between 4 and 5 weeks, too. I'm going to try to catch you doing it soon!

-You make the absoulte saddest pouty face.

-Your daddy is crazy about you, your brother adores you and I love you to pieces. We cannot imagine life without you now!

Happy One Month, sweetie!

22 comments:

Jess :) said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS!!!!!! Those pictures are all adorable and, of course, that cake looks super yummy!! I have to agree that the only reason she must have been crying was because she knew she had to miss out on having some!!! ;)

Looking forward to watching her grow!!

Oh, and your FB profile pic...OH.MY.WORD. Just melt my heart! :)

Melissa said...

I love how you do that with the monthly cakes! She looks so adorable in that outfit!!

Sara said...

Happy One Month! Maybe she will be more excited for the picture next month :)

Nancy said...

Simply precious!

Karen At Home said...

Hi Jennifer, sweet Jillian is doing some amazing things already! I am so happy for you that she is napping in her crib already and giving you four hour sleep intervals at night. That is amazing! It sounds like you are following babywise, I didn't do this with Jillian but am certainly going to look into it for our next baby.

My Jillian didn't' nap well in her crib at all until around 5-6 months and also didn't give me 4 hour sleep intervals at night until 3-4 months. She sounds like a dream baby, not to metion she is such a cutie! So happy for y'all. Happy one month Jillian!

Karen

Abbie said...

Jennifer, Jillian looks so cute in her little outfit and boots. Girls are so much fun to gussy up, aren't they?! And I have to agree with you...girls are drama! ;-)
{Big hugs to you girls...}

Marissa said...

Look at those little shoes! So cute!

Jaclyn said...

What a wonderful idea to celebrate each month of their first year! I think I just may have to borrow that idea for when I have little ones! So sweet! :)

Traci said...

She is just too cute! Love the outfit!

Lauren said...

So much fun to hear about your baby! Paisley is right there with her in all that stuff - and still in my room too (at 2 months!). I'm with ya for sure on traipsing across the house in the middle of the night. So happy for you and your sweet, healthy girl!

Just Terrific said...

Happy One Month Birthday, Jillian! I LOVE her cutie-pie outfit! She looks older than one month! Beautiful, beautiful baby!!

Lindsey said...

Been reading your blog for a long time and this is the first time I've commented. :)

And now I'm following your blog!
Can you do the same for me?
http://almcrock.blogspot.com
Thanks! :)

Your kids are adorable!!!

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

Aw, she is cute even when she's upset :) Adorable outfit and cake too! Happy 1 month birthday!

Cassie said...

Hey Jennifer, my name is Cassie and I have been reading your blog for about a year and a half. I am from Alabama, but maybe moving to Springdale very soon. My family and I are in Springdale this week and will be here again several times in the next couple of months. I was wondering if maybe we could get together one day for lunch or something. I have 4 year old twin boys and a 2 year old little girl and I know they would love to play with your little ones. If you have time one day let me know, my email is cassiewalker08@yahoo.com. Oh and your kids are beautiful!!! :)

Lauren said...

Just so precious!!! Love the cake :)

Brown Girl said...

Happy 1 month to Jillian, she is adorable!

Fran said...

You are such a precious momma!!! Your children are just adorable!

missleeannskidz said...

So I don't know if I've ever commented before but I just saw the funniest thing on the news that made me think of Brody. It was a story about a teenage boy who is obsessed with vacuum cleaners. He had a collection of all different kinds. He was a total nerd so hopefully Brodys obsession will subside some before the teen years. It was on our CBS station but it was a national thing so you might could find it online somewhere. His name was Danniel if that helps. Have a good week!

ana said...

I've been reading your blog for a long time and I'm really surprised to see you follow Babywise!
Did you do the same with Brody? Did you find it helpful? I've been really interested in the method but what I've read seems so... extreme...

Heather said...

I can't believe she is already a month! You just had her, it goes by so fast! She looks precious in her outfit, so cute!! I love the idea of doing a cake for her monthly birthdays! Makes me want another one!

Alex and Jill said...

Jillian in the boots...PRESH!!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I LOVE the idea of having a monthly birthday cake! I wish I would have done that with my girls! So fun!