Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Girls Night Out

I met the moms from our playgroup for dinner tonight to celebrate Sara's birthday! It was my first time out with friends since Jillian was born and it could not have come at a better time. I was very ready for some girl time! I took Jillian with me and she was wonderful. She slept the entire time we were at dinner. We had such a great time just talking and eating. I am so thankful for these girls and their friendships. They are some of the funniest people I know! I seriously laugh so much when I am with them. I also love that we are all in the exact same season of life and can all relate to each other so well. They are such an encouragement to me!

On our way out the door to dinner! Brody and Josh had a boys night at the house. They had a great time together! I look forward to guys night and girls night in the future when Brody and Josh go out and do guy things and Jillian and I go shopping and do girly things. :) We truly have the best of both worlds with these two precious babes! Funny story...When I got home tonight Josh and I put Brody in bed. Josh prayed for Brody and then Brody wanted to pray. We still have to kind of tell him what to pray for so tonight Josh suggested Brody thank God for Jillian so Brody said, "Dear God, Thank you for Brody and thank you for Brody. Amen!" It was really funny and sweet! Hopefully, he is thankful for his sister even if he wouldn't say it! Ha!

12 comments:

A Southern Love said...

I LOVE to hear children pray! Brody is just too cute! And I love that pic of you and "your girl"! :)

Can't wait to check out your giveaway tomorrow!! Have a great week sweet friend! :)

aleasa said...

jennifer, you look SO beautiful. and your family is adorable. it's so fun reading your updates :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw what a precious story. They are def little cuties!!

Katie said...

Aw, you really do have the best of both worlds! I look forward to the day to take my little girl out. You're very lucky you have a girlfriends who are in the same season on life. I only have a couple and sometimes it's really difficult to talk to my other friends since they just don't understand.

And what a cute little prayer! :)

Superchikk said...

I'm glad ya'll had fun last night. I'm sad I couldn't make it!

Lauren said...

YAY for girls night!!!!! :) Sweet pics!

MegMac said...

I don't know how you moms do it! Those baby carriers are heavy even without the baby in them! I can't imagine toting one around with 7, 8, 9, 10 pounds of baby in it! And Jennifer--yoiu looks fabulus as always! I love your yellow shirt/blue necklace combo!

Katie said...

So cute! I LOVE your necklace!

Laurie said...

Ha! I love the prayer!

Jenna said...

I am so glad you and Jillian were able to come! We always have the best time with you!

Erin said...

glad you got a girls night out! I am in need of one too.. Love what he prayed for! how sweet is that!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

those girls' nights are the best! :) and you look so good girl! beautiful!