Thursday, October 14, 2010

A few random things...

Yesterday morning was our monthly MOPS meeting. I was determined to go for several reasons but the main reason was I just needed to see some friends and have some adult conversation, especially with moms who could relate to my current state of chaos! Ha! I was excited about going but nervous about getting 2 kids ready and getting somewhere on time that morning. It's no secret that I have become a "fashionably late" person in the past few years. It's crazy. It started when I was pregnant with Brody and has continued. I was always a timely person before I got pregnant but now, I am usually no more than 10 minutes late but I am always, consistently late. I figured with 2 kids it would be worse but to my surprise I left my house at 9:35 yesterday morning and MOPS started at 10. I live about 15 minutes away from our church so I got there at 9:50! Woo woo! It was a good day! Maybe I am going to start being on time now! Ha!

When we got home from MOPS and lunch and Brody and Jillian both fell asleep AT THE SAME TIME and I was able to take a nap. I realize this seems like it's not a big deal, but I have only taken 4 naps in the past month because Jillian isn't on a real nap schedule yet. That nap yesterday might have been one of the highlights of my week! I will never take a nap for granted again. Those are few and far between these days! As is sleep in general! ;)

I am excited about this weekend! We have a lot of fun things planned including our big girl's one month cake party!! I cannot believe she will be a month old tomorrow! We are also going to the pumpkin patch/corn maze with friends on Friday. Saturday we have a birthday party for one of Brody's friends and there is the Razorback/Auburn game. I'm a big Auburn fan when they aren't playing the Hogs but I am hoping we pull off a BIG win on Saturday!

And finally, here are a few random pictures of Brody and Jillian from the past few days!

Brody has a scratch on his nose that he see. It makes him cross-eyed and he tries to touch it! Ha! He got some new Elmo pajamas for his birthday with Elmo slippers. So pitiful! ;)She is getting so big! I love his big, brown eyes!And I love her big, blue eyes, too!

23 comments:

Cara Beth said...

Your children are beautiful! You are truly blessed! :)

Emily said...

YAY for making it on time! It will get easier as time goes...

Tip for you on the naps... when Jillian gets a little older and gets down to just two and three naps a day (if your lucky!!) I always waited to lay Lincoln and Kenadie down in the morning at the same time, but I made sure they were both ready for a nap.

If Brody has a certain time every day he naps... get Jillian on that schedule too... it worked for me and now I get about 2 hours free time every morning and I love it!

Your babies are precious!

Walking With The Wheats said...

Adorable pictures!!

Brittany said...

They are both sooo cute! Good for you being on time that is impressive! I'm just even more late now that I have #2...I'm trying to work on it but somebody always has to poop or eat right when it's time to leave. HA!

Traci said...

Just adorable!

Claire said...

Very sweet! Love the one of Brody touching his scratch lol :D Boys are such goofballs!

What's Jillian's temperment and personality like? I was looking at pictures of my guy when he was a newborn & thinking how funny it is that at that age, pictures don't really show what they're personality is yet!

Heather said...

One month already? I thought you just had her! Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned! These are cute pics of your cutie pies! Mollie loves Brody's Elmo pj's!

Erin said...

so cute glad you got to mops on time :) Love all the pictures. I wish I took advantage of naps!

Heather said...

Oh my WORD---those Elmo slippers are the cutest!!! Love the pics of your TWO kiddos!!! Getting out the door with two is not easy...Avery Kate is almost 17 months old and it still takes prayer for us to make it out on time (or somewhere close...ha!) each morning!! :)

AB said...

did you get a new camera? ! yay if you did! the babes are just adorable

www.catchinupwiththebassfam.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Your babies are precious. I think we would be friends if we lived close :) I love a nap, too. :)

Mom2One said...

First, let me just say how cute your kiddos are! Then...I'll go ahead and tell you, you're certainly not alone when it comes to being "fashionably" late. Kuddos to you for being 10 mins early for MOPS!! Woot woot! Naps are very rare for me as well...and nope..I never take one for granted. I keep a lil' 3 month old baby M-F (my baby fix!!) and I'm totally experiencing the two kid business first hand. It's hard work when you have two in diapers. 2 year olds are the REAL deal..independent, and energetic. You're doing a great job! And adult conversation rocks! I've never been SO appreciative of it in my entire life!

Amanda M. said...

They are just too cute. I love the pic with Brody and the crossed eyes. :)

The Allens said...

Those pictures are fantastic and I am so happy about the nap!

Kristen Rodgers said...

Jenn, you have no idea how much I look forward to your blog posts! I've always loved them because we share the little boy bond, but knowing how similar our lives are about to be with the wild little man and brand new little girl makes me so eager to read how life is going for you. Her pics make me melt, and give me butterflies! She is beautiful! So proud of you!

Kristen and Andy said...

What beautiful kids!!! They are both just so adorable! I was laughing when I read about you always been late...I have turned into that person too - since my youngest was born 7 months ago - I think I have made it on time ONCE! No matter how much time I leave, somehow I still mess it up!

Good luck on the naps - my tip is similar - just try to get one of her naps at the same time as Brody...its wonderful having that longer break to myself every day!

Sara said...

Woo hoo for being on time! MOPS was great and I am learning so much from the speakers. Thanks for organizing the craft! I already have plans for my blessing ring.

Have a fun weekend!

Ashley E. said...

Your babies are SOOO cute!!!

Victoria said...

she's so cute......

Mama said...

Great pics--I was wondering if you got a new camera too. I love the picture of Jillian on the pink blanket--so tiny and so sweet.

Lauren said...

Your kids could not be any cuter!!!!! :)

Dale Budd said...

God love them, you have such beautiful babies. I totally agree with you....they both have gorgeous eyes. I know that you already know it, but you are truly blessed with these precious children. You surely have a wonderful family. Hope Brody enjoys his time at the pumpkin farm!

A Mom-Mom in NJ

Lisa said...

you make the sweetest babies!