Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brody's Birthday Party with family

We had Brody's family birthday party on his actual birthday, which was the 3rd. We had both sets of grandparents and my sister and Brandon over for lunch after church. It was a really simple party but we all had a great time celebrating with our big 2 year old boy!

Brody's birthday cake! I decided not to cook a big birthday meal with a 2 week old so we ordered BBQ from one of our favorite restaurants. Josh went and picked it up after church and brought it to our house. The cute birthday boy waiting on his lunch.Jill acting like herself...Ha!After lunch we had birthday cake! We videoed Brody blowing out his candle. He did such a great job!He really enjoyed his cake!When we finished with cake, it was time to open gifts! He got a lot of fun toys, crayons and coloring book, pajamas, rain boots and rain coat, and a tent! Josh and I also got him a tricycle. He was so excited when Josh brought it in the house!He calls it his motorcycle! So sweet! He has had a lot of fun playing with all his wonderful gifts from family and friends! I think he had a great birthday weekend! I know we loved every minute of celebrating 2 wonderful years with him. He is such a precious boy! We couldn't be more proud of him or more thankful for him.

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Such a cutie!

Mallory said...

Adorable! I love his "2" shirt! How is Jill's wedding planning going?

Lindsay said...

Hey Jennifer - love your blog and that adorable shirt he has on!

Mary said...

So sweet! I also have a little boy that turned 2 on the 3rd of October. He also calls his tricycle (and any other bicycle) a motorcycle. So funny!

Kelly @ Blessed Mommy, Blessed Wife said...

What an adorable little man! I love his shirt and how it ties in with the cake :) I'm very impressed with how you pulled off a party outside of the house AND a family party! I had my daughter 3 weeks before my son's 3rd birthday and STILL feel guilty for shafting him that year ;) He was pleased as punch to have a Superman cake that year so it went unnoticed by him...Kudos to you though - you're an inspiration to other moms!

Traci said...

Looks like y'all had a great day!

Leah said...

I don't know if it is just me or what, but ever since Jillian came into your family Brody seems like he is just growing up so quickly. His looks are changing and everything! Your family is just precious!

Amanda M. said...

That boy is just TOOOOOOO cute!

Megan said...

Please let me know where you got Brody's shoes! they are adorable!

Nancy said...

You always have the cutest cakes! Happy birthday to your extra cute boy!!

Bear Girl said...

Your Brody sure is precious. It brings tears to my eyes reading about how much you love him. What a blessing he is to you, but my...how blessed he is to be so very loved. That is the way all children should live...feeling loved, happy and safe. God bless you. Genah in Indiana

Lauren said...

That Brody is just SO precious!!!! Sweet pictures!! :)