Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tuesday

Yesterday we marked a few more things off of our to-do list.

I had to go to the hospital at 10:30 for pre-op blood work. I was under the impression that this was going to be a really quick trip to the lab for a blood draw and then I would be out. Well, it was a little more detailed than that. I spent an hour doing pre-op paper work and then ended it with a quick trip in the lab. Brody came with me and did great! They gave him a coloring book and crayons to entertain him. At one point, one of the nurses disconnected her desk phone so Brody could talk on it. She was explaining how everything would go on Friday and we heard this little voice say, "Hello Doctor. Hello Doctor." I guess Brody had heard us talking about my doctor so he pretended he was talking to her on the phone! We both got a good laugh from him!

Another funny thing that happened was that they had to put my blood id hospital bracelet on me in the lab before I left. I have to wear it this weekend in the hospital and they are required to put it on when you get your pre-op blood work, so I have to walk around with a hospital bracelet on all week. ;) I look kind of silly! I finished-up at the hospital at 11:45 and I took Brody back to my house to meet my mom. I had my weekly check-up at 12:15 and my mom came over to keep Brody on her lunch break. I literally dropped Brody off and then drove straight back to the hospital for my appointment. Lunch time appointments always take a little longer so I finally left there a little before 2.

Everything went well at my appointment. Jillian's heart rate was 145bpm. She kicked the doppler 3 times in a row while we were listening to her heart. I haven't progressed any which is great! Hopefully, she will hold out until Friday. I gained 1 more pound this week so my grand total weight gain this pregnancy was 31 lbs. Only 6 more than with Brody. What's really crazy is I weigh the exact same as I did the week I had Brody. Literally the exact same number. I guess that's my body's goal number during pregnancies. :)

When Josh got home from work we all headed to see Julee at the salon. I had my hair done on Monday while Brody was at MDO but the boys still needed hair cuts before the weekend. We had to wake Brody up from his afternoon nap around 5 to head to the salon. He was in a very happy mood since he had a good nap. He looked so big getting his haircut!
After they were finished, we went to eat and then headed home. Once we got home and got Brody in bed, I went and rented The Back-Up Plan. I love watching pregnancy movies when I'm pregnant. I always think they are extra funny when I am going through the same thing. The movie was really, really cute but movies never portray pregnancy in it's true form. ;)

Hope y'all are having a great week!

Nursery pics should be up in the morning. :)

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's too funny having to wear around your bracelet the rest of the week! I've been dying to see that movie, I heard it was a good one. Good luck on Friday!

Leah said...

I liked that movie too! Brody is such a cutie. I can't wait to see pictures of Jillian. Good luck this Friday if I don't make it back before then!

BeckyJo606 said...

I am so excited for you! I have been reading your blog for quite some time now, but have yet to post a comment. I will be holding you and your sweet family up in prayer this week! And, you should definitely sport that fancy hospital bracelet long after your hospital stay is over! haha :)

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I weighed the exact same at delivery with both Lilly and Reid too. Isn't that funny?? I felt so much bigger with Reid though. So excited!! Brody does look like such a big boy getting his hair cut. (c:

Sara said...

I remember the paperwork taking forever for my C-section and the blood work being the quickest part. I am so excited for you - hopefully Friday will get here quick!

Lauren said...

He looks so big getting his haircut. The birthing scene in that movie is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Kaysie said...

I bet it feels good to be able to get everything done before the second little one gets here on Friday! Brody is such a doll!

Rebekah said...

I am dying to see pics of the nursery! I did not know you had to do all of that pre going to the hospital for a c-section. Good to know. Not that we are doing it yet, but one day......

Kara Wright said...

I CAN'T WAIT to see this movie!! Praying for you this week :)

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I bet the hospital bracelet makes it feel a lot more "real"!!!!!

Adge said...

glad everything is going well. I want to see that movie.

Taylor said...

I had to have a laparascopy done to one of my ovaries back in May and I had to wear a bracelet just like that for 4 days! Super embarassing, but I didn't have a precious baby coming from it!! Good luck!!!

Julee Turner said...

Love the hair cut pics! He was in such a good mood. And such a sweet boy! Glad you rented backup plan too after we talked about it! I thought of you during the body pillow part! :)

Junda Xu said...

20150721 junda
michael kors watches
replica watches rolex
replica watches for sale
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton sito ufficiale
gucci uk
louboutin
burberry outlet
air force pas cher
oakley sunglasses outlet
jordan femme
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin
ralph lauren polo shirts
michael kors bags
polo ralph lauren
ray bans
kate spade handbags
kate spade new york
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online
soccer outlet
jordan shoes uk
pandora jewelry outlet
michael kors handbags
gucci handbags
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
polo ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses sale
michael kors handbags
tory burch outlet
polo outlet
soccer shoes
louboutin pas cher
ed hardy uk
air max uk