Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our Weekend

We had a really nice weekend!

I spent Friday morning at home by myself for the first time with Brody and Jillian. Josh had to take care of a few things at work so he went into the office and then came home after lunch. The morning went really well. I honestly wish everyday at home would be that easy. :) I think Brody knew he needed to be on his best behavior because he was soooo helpful!! We spent a lot of time on the couch watching TV. Brody also spent some of the morning playing his "goo-tar" (guitar) for Jillian and singing songs to her that he made-up. :) Then I bathed them, got them dressed, fed Brody, nursed Jillian and put them both down for naps by noon. Sure, I hadn't even brushed my hair by noon but at least Brody and Jillian were good to go for the day! Ha!

Jillian hanging out in her room Friday.
Saturday morning we went to Stella's 2nd birthday party! Since they live just a few streets away, I decided to go, too. I needed out of the house for a little while! :)
Brody had the best time at the party! All of his little friends his age are girls but he doesn't seem to mind. He loves when they all get together to play. Jillian and I hanging out in the living room. She slept in her car seat in Tom and Sydney's bedroom most of the party. She is such a sweet girl!
We had tickets for the big Arkansas/Alabama game yesterday but we decided to sell them since I couldn't go. Josh wanted to spend the day at home with us watching the game. His parents came-up and we all watched the game at our house. I hated that we beat ourselves at the end but it was such an exciting game to watch!

We all wore our Razorback attire to watch the game. A friend of mine from high school made Jillian a cute little Razorback tutu to wear this fall. It actually came in the mail the day she was born so it was perfect timing!! Kama has a blog and an Esty site if you are interested in ordering one. We love the one she made us! Thank you, Kama!

Sometimes I look at pictures and I cannot believe that Josh and I have two kids. We are loving every minute of it! It's more fun than I could have ever imagined!
Brody LOVES his sister. He is the best big brother. I cannot say enough wonderful things about how he has handled the whole transition. He has been awesome! We are sooo proud of him! One of his favorite things to do is hold Jillian and give her kisses...or mouth-to-mouth as I like to call it! Ha! We went to church this morning for the first time as a family of 4! It was really cool outside this morning so I pulled out boots to wear to church. It was a much welcomed changed!

My girl and me. She had on a cute little pink peacoat. :)
We do not plan to put Jillian in the nursery for a while so she stayed in the service with us until it was time for her to eat. Then she and I had to leave and head to the nursing room.

The four of us at church!
After church we went to eat with my family and Josh's parents at a local Mexican restaurant. Brody loves chips and salsa so Jill poured him a little cup of salsa. He took a bite and then starting yelling, "That hot! That hot!" It cracked us up! After a few bites he got used to it and was able to eat it. He also had punch with his meal which is why his tongue is red in this picture! Ha!
My mom is staying with me this week during the day. We will be working on last minute birthday party details since a certain little boy in our house will be 2 next Sunday!!! How is that even possible?? We cannot wait for a big birthday weekend at our house! It's going to be a lot of fun!!!



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

24 comments:

Brittany said...

You have the cutest little family! It makes me so excited to have my own one day!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful family! Her little coat is just adorable!

Hayley said...

I have been lurking for awhile, around the time you found out you were pregnant with Jillian, but I just had to "come out" and comment.
Jillian's peacoat is precious and Brody looks adorable in his rugby-striped shirt! Your family is beautiful! Best wishes!

Jessica said...

Your family is so adorable! I am looking forward to future posts and seeing all of Jillian's cute clothes. That peacoat is precious. Congratulations on your beautiful new baby!

Maryellen said...

Oh my gosh, that coat has to be the cutest thing. It is adorable. Jillian is quite the fashion gal already hah

So glad Brody is enjoying her. He is a precious little guy.

Ashley said...

I absolutely love all of Jillian's cute clothes!! That little pink peacoat is precious! If I have a girl, you have to tell me where you find all of your cute things! : ) Sounds like a great weekend as a family of four. And you look AWESOME! I can't believe you just had a baby!

Amanda M. said...

WOW! I think we need a video of Brody playing his "goo-tar" for his Sissy! HOW SWEET - what a totally good boy. That boy is too dern cute! :)
You look fabulous, Jennifer!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

I could just die over the miniature pink peacoat! She is SO cute! Sounds like you guys are doing so great with two!

capperson said...

Your family is sooo cute! I love all her cute little outfits!!!

Amber said...

I love reading about your family! As a single mom it's fun to get a glance into the world of two parents.

First outings with kids is fun...I wish I would have documented more.

Oh and thanks for all the fun pictures :) Reading about it is good, but the pictures make it a kajillion times more awesome!

The Mama said...

Looks like you are having a great time adjusting to being a 2 kid family. It realy is the greatest! Congrats again!! :) You have the sweetest family!

Maureen said...

You look wonderful! Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl.

Love your blog.

JODIE W. said...

Such a CUTE little family! Ok this is crazy-I just started following your blog and when I just read about the tutu, I noticed that your friend Kama made it and then thought, "Hey I know a Kama that makes tutus, too!" and then I was like "Duh, it must be the same Kama!" LOL So I looked, and it is! She is a friend of mine through a close girlfriend in Little Rock(where I am originally from...I now live in NC). SMALL WORLD! Anyway, enjoy your new sweet baby girl!!

Kelly @ Blessed Mommy, Blessed Wife said...

What an adorable little family!! I am so glad I clicked on the link to your blog from Kelly's site :) Your positive energy is uplifting! I have a 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter (35 months apart) and the transition from 1 to 2 wasn't bad at all! I thought it was much harder from 0 to 1 :) I hope you meet the same good fortune and it sounds like you are well on your way there! Congratulations to you and your husband on a beautiful addition to your family! God bless!

waikikimum said...

Your family is just gorgeous Jennifer and you look fabulous. Enjoy your babies.

Lea Liz said...

I love Jillian's little pea coat, so cute1 You have a beautiful family!

Ashley said...

I am lovin' this family of 4- ya'll are too presh! HUGS!

Caroline said...

Love your family of four! Two boys and two girls = Too Cute! :)

Lauren said...

Every single one of these pictures are SOOOOO precious!!!!!! :) Time to change that header of yours on the blog now! You need to add a certain little sweetie!

Rennae said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl, she is adorable. You make such a beautiful family.

- Jo(ke) - said...

Your babies are both super cute. Congrats to you and your husband!

Snarky Mom said...

Your family is so adorable. I've been reading for quite awhile now, we were due almost the same time. I had my daughter on 9/7 and let me tell you- I wish I look half as good as you do right now. You look AMAZING! I am totally fighting my jealousy at this moment :) More importantly, you guys look so happy.

Ashley said...

Your family is just precious!

Love love love Jillian's little pink coat! So sweet!

~Jamie Kubeczka~ said...

Your family is so cute! Your kids are beautiful. Congratulations on your newest addition!