Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Weekend

We have had a great weekend! We spent some of it finishing-up a few last minute things on our "to-do" list and then we rested and enjoyed time as a family the other part of the weekend!

Josh and I had a laid back date on Friday night while Brody was at FNO. We went to Hobby Lobby and then to eat. We stayed at the restaurant for over almost an hour and a half just because we were able to talk without interruptions. :) We rented a movie and watched it once we got home and got Brody to bed.

Saturday morning, my mom and sister came over and cleaned our house so that I didn't have to worry about doing that this week. I was SOOO thankful for their help! Brody and Josh stayed around to help them while I ran over to our friends' house for a garage sale! This is a picture of our friends, Nick and Meredith. Nick is on our church staff. They are in the process of adopting siblings from Ethiopia. They have a 3 year old little girl and almost 10 month old little boy. They are hoping to receive their referrals sometime next summer. They had a garage sale yesterday to benefit their adoption. I was so happy to get some time away to go and buy some things for a great cause! You can read more about their adoption journey on their blog here. There is also another family on our church staff in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. You can read about the Smith's journey here. We love these couples so much and are so proud of them for stepping out in faith and adopting these sweet children. We cannot wait to see how God works in their lives and the plan he unfolds for their families!

When I got home from the Floyd's house, I got to work on a few last minute details. One thing I had wanted to do was make Brody a Big Brother goody bag for the hospital. I figured he would need a little entertainment on Friday morning! :)

I found the cute sticker for the bag at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbook section.

I put crayons, a coloring book, a new DVD, a puzzle, animal crackers and M&M's in his bag.

After I finished that I packed my hospital bag. I have had Jillian's bag packed for 2-3 weeks but I finally decided to pack mine. ;) I charged all the cameras/video cameras and I piled all of our things in a corner of our bedroom so that we can grab it if I go into labor. I also put a note on the pile with things that we need to remember on Friday morning before we go to the hospital. I think we are ready to go!!

We finished Jillian's nursery this weekend. It's basically been done for a while but we were still lacking wall art. We hung that this weekend and now her room is ready for her. I plan on doing a nursery tour later this week but I thought I would give you a little sneak peak. I just LOVE the way the room turned out. It's very simple and sweet.

Last night, we went over to eat dinner and watch the game at the Scott's house. The Yazwinskis also come over. It was fun spending the evening with all of them!

Brody, Lilly and Stella eating dinner!

Three 2 year olds and one 1 year old can make for a crazy time! The moms never watched a single play of the entire game because we were busy with our kids! :)

Sweet Reid. He is the sweetest little guy!

When we got home from the game Brody apparently had a lot of energy and did this little sumo squat thing for us. I could not stop laughing! He is always doing something funny! Sara, what did you put in their food?? Haha!

Hope you all have enjoyed your weekend!

19 comments:

Amanda M. said...

That was SO cute. I do not think that boy could get ANY cuter!

Sarah said...

Enjoy your last few days as a family of 3!!! I'm so excited to see Miss Jillian on Friday! Praying for your family this week!!

cstinnette said...

The wall art is adorable! Where did you find it?

Ashley said...

What an exciting time in your life. Last few days as a family of 3, coming up on being a sweet family of 4! Love the sneak peek into Jillian's room and Brody is hilarious as always!

Adge said...

cant wait to see a tour of the nursery

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Love the picture in the nursery! And the big brother bag is such a sweet idea! How nice!

Hautemama said...

Cherish these last days with just Brody. Once Jillian gets here, you will feel like you were always a family of 4! Can't wait to see how adorable she is!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

It must've been the brownies! Haha. Lilly was all hyped up too! You would've thought they all would've crashed from all of that playing. She did sleep until 10 though. (c: Reid, on the other hand, fell asleep mid-word just a couple minutes after you guys left. SO excited for Friday!

Oh and the nursery is too cute! I love the "big brother" bag idea! We got Lilly a big sister book--but since they were so close it really wasn't that realistic--Brody's is much better! (Shhh...don't tell Lilly)

Kelly said...

I love seeing you get ready for Jillian! It seems like just yesterday you told me you were pregnant! I love the big brother bag - I'll have to remember that!
I also love that your friends are adopting. SO neat. I love adoption.
And Brody's videos always make me laugh so hard. After Jillian is here and ya'll are settled in after a few weeks - I'll have to bring H over and let her play with B. They would make a great pair. Maybe they could wear each other out. And I could see Miss J!

Heather said...

The wall art is adorable and I lover her blue dresser, so stinking cute!! So happy for y'all and can't wait to see pics of your little girl this week!

Todd and Courtney said...

The sumo squat is the best!

Island Baby said...

Looks like everything is in place for sweet Jillian's arrival!
What a great idea to have a present ready for Brody!
Also, I meant to comment on your other post that it's great to see you still have Brody rear facing in the car. So many parents turn their kids forward facing as soon as they turn one year, and it's really much much safer for them to remain rear facing as long as possible. Kudos to you!

Sarah @ 365 Glimpses of John Parker said...

Just a few days now! And I am so excited to see the nursery--you've been holding out on us!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I love that dresser!!

The Allens said...

So excited for you and love Jillian's room.

Lauren said...

Can’t wait to see that precious girl of yours this week!!!!!! So exciting!!!

Kappa Prep said...

Such a BIG week for you all! The nursery looks perfect and I cannot wait to see more!

Reese Ray said...

HA!! That is hilarious! He is so funny!!! Love the sneak peek of Jillian's room. I'm sure the rest of it is just as beautiful!

Rebekah said...

I love love love Jillian's room! I can't believe she will be here this week! I can't wait to see her sweet face! You are going to love have a baby girl in your life. Looks like you had such a fun weekend as a family of three. Next weekend you will be a family of four!