Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jillian's Nursery Tour

If you are visiting from Kelly's Korner, this is our daughter's nursery! She is almost 2 now, so a few things have changed, but we still love this sweet, girly room very much! :)

I thought I would share a few pictures of Jillian's nursery with you all! I had posted this plan for the nursery back before we knew if we were having a boy or a girl. I ended up doing almost everything that I had planned with the exception of a few changes. I absolutely LOVE they way her nursery turned out. It's very sweet and simple but still very girly!
This is the view from the hallway walking into her room. This is the crib side of the room. We did not paint the walls because I really like the color that was already in this room and it worked really well with the fabric we had chosen. We ordered the crib from Walmart and I have been really pleased with it. I love the way it looks and I also like that it transitions into a toddler bed so Jillian can use this bed for several years. The rug is from Target. I love the size and color of it. My talented friend, Leslie, designed all the artwork in Jillian's room. We spent very little on the artwork and frames. The artwork is just printed images and then we had them framed at Hobby Lobby. I bought the frames when they were all half off! I love the way Jillian's bedding turned out. I picked out the fabric (Amy Butler fabric) and designed it on a great online bedding website. It only took 5 days from the time I ordered it to the time it was delivered at our house. We couldn't believe how quickly it was made and shipped. The blue bed sheet is from Target but it matches the dresser/changing table in her room perfectly. The bumper fabric is the same as the curtain fabric. The bed skirt is trimmed in that fabric also. This is the other side of her nursery. This is the same glider we had used in Brody's nursery. Since it matched perfectly, we just moved it to her room. It freed-up some space in his room for toys. It was nice that we could use it in both rooms. We had the dresser/changing table painted by a friend. You can read about it here. The bird print is also one Leslie did and we had framed at Hobby Lobby. The lamp and little basket is from Hob Lob also. I love the dresser so much. It has so much storage so we are able to store all her clothes in drawers by size. I love that Emily painted the inside of the drawers pink. It's such a cute, girly touch. She will be able to use the dresser for several years since we can just remove the changing pad and use the top like a normal dresser. It's fun having tiny newborn diapers in our house again. I am so used to Brody's size 5 diapers that I forgot how little newborn diapers are. This table was also painted by Emily. I found this in a closet at Josh's parents house and brought it back home one weekend. It looks totally different now. I like having it as a little side table next to the glider. The vase, flowers, frame and little bird house all came from Hobby Lobby.Here is a close-up of the curtains. We ordered 6 yards of the fabric and Josh's mom sewed the curtains. They are just two lined panels but they are each 9 feet tall. We wanted them to go from the ceiling to the floor. I love the way they turned out. The tie back can be undone so that it covers her windows while she sleeps. You can see how high they go in this picture. Josh, my dad and his dad also put trim up one weekend. I love the way it turned out. Her closet is full of lots of cute clothes! We also have a canvas drawer set in her closet to hold her bows, shoes, bloomers, etc. All her cute little shoes. :) My mom got us this cute little night light for her room that had a little bird on it. I think it's so sweet. We had to baby proof the outside of her door so that Brody cannot get into her room when we are not looking! I can just imagine him trying to climb into her crib with her! Ha!
And my favorite part of her nursery is the little sweetie who will sleep in there. She is one week old today! I cannot believe it. I learned with Brody that it goes by way too quickly so we are enjoying every moment with our two cuties!

66 comments:

Mommyto2 said...

Her room is so pretty and so is she! :)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Very lovely and so sweet with all the pink and soft thigns - perfect for a girl!

Nancy said...

Simply precious. She is a cutie, that's for sure! You are right - they grow up quickly. Mine are 10 & 3 & I can't believe it!

Jenna said...

So adorable!!! Brayden keeps pointing to Jillians picture and saying "Baby! Aw, baby!!"

Abby said...

Love it all! The artwork is darling and the fabric is devine! And, Miss Jillian is pretty sweet too :)

Mallory said...

Beautiful and so chic! Jillian looks like a little doll here, so pretty!!

Laurie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her room!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely precious! I can't believe you got that crib from Walmart.

texas girl said...

i just love you blog i have been reading even before jillian my baby avery is just a month older than jillian so its fun reading you posts and seeing your nursery which is beautiful i looked at that same amy butler fabric for crib bedding i just loved it!!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh her room is adorable but my heart just melted when I scrolled down & saw the picture of Jillian. Saving the best for the last....she is Precious!

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

i LOVE the nursery, and that it's not the typical brown & pink! :P Leslie is very talented!! She pledged me while I was at OBU!

Jillian has already changed so much! Hard to believe she's already a week old! She's adorable! =)

Mary said...

So precious. Does your friend who did your artwork have a business? I'm sure I'm not the only person who will ask you that! It is just adorable!

Mrs. Jenk said...

I absolutely love her nursery- you did a great job. It is vintage and modern, sweet and sophisticated.

Mallory said...

Her room is beautiful...but not as beautiful as sweet Jillian! :)

You did a fantastic job with it, though, really. I love the colors and that it's a little different, not your typical color scheme and style for a nursery.

The Matthews' Family said...

I love the nursery-beautiful! Seeing all the tininess made me almost cry-they grow so fast!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, it's darling! I love that it's not super girly. The yellow walls and all the blue, I love it! What a lucky little girl!!

Amanda M. said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this nursery. That dresser is GORGEOUS! She's so little and sweet. :) Congrats to you all again!

Megon said...

Oh my!!! She is just so precious! So happy for you and your family.

Emily Richardson said...

It all came together so well! LOVE IT! The curtains are AWESOME!!!!

lane, kelli, canon, and baby ledger said...

Love her sweet nursery! Amy Butler fabric is so cute. BTW, y'all make freakin' cute kids :)

Domestic Goddess said...

what a precious little lump! i love your nursery..it turned out so cute, girly and peaceful!

amy (metz) walker said...

Absolutely adorable!!! The nursery and Jillian!

Kelly said...

Her room is just perfect!

Christa said...

I love her room! Jillian is a doll!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Absolutely beautiful! I adore the color scheme! And it's great that lots of things are reusable as she grows. Great job!

The Lambert's said...

Oh, I just love it! All your details were great! Jillian Kate is so precious! Girls are so much fun!

Traci said...

Soooo adorable!!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE her nursery. You did a great job designing it. We also used babybedding.com and were really pleased! Hope you had a great first week with your new one. :)

Donna said...

Beautiful nursery...love the colors! Great organization!!

Jennifer said...

LOVE this room! You did a great job!

Taylor said...

I'm finally getting caught up on blogs and I am soo happy for you guys!! She is precious and I'm so glad things went sooo smoothly! Enjoy the baby bliss!!

Adge said...

very cute nursery. I love all the little touches that blends it all together.

Erin said...

Love her Nursery. So cute love the fabric you picked out. She is just a cutie.

Lindsay said...

The nursery is beautiful! I actually just bought that rug for my daughter's nursery (she's due in Feb) - what a great deal! I love the fabric too.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Looks so good! Love it! She is just the perfect final accessory to it!

Bonnie said...

She is such a doll! Her nursery is adorable :)

Jodi Lansink said...

LOVE the room! It makes me cry to see her in her little shirt that says Jillian...that is what we named our daughter who passed away last year....so everytime I see her name it makes me sad...but happy at the same time. You are very blessed! Jillian is beautiful!

Natalia said...

What an adorable nursery for your adorable little girl :)

Melissa said...

I love the fabric you chose and Jillian is just precious!

Southern Cinderella said...

I just love Jillian's nursery! It's so pretty and girly! Jillian is an absolute doll! I love her outfit she's wearing! I also love that she had so many different bows in her hair at the hospital! Every pic I've seen of her, she has a different bow in! A girl can never have too many bows!

Abbie said...

I love Jillian room, Jennifer! It turned out beautiful. And Jillian is just stunning. Enjoy every minute! ~Hugs~

Reese Ray said...

She is too precious!! You did an awesome job on her room. It looks so pretty and neat in there!

Ari said...

The nursery looks AMAZING! I love what you did! And Jillian is a sweetiepie!

Larissa said...

She's so precious!!! And her nursery looks great.

His Doorkeeper said...

Seriously one of the neatest baby rooms I have ever seen! Love the colors...so fresh and happy and LOVE the pictures over her crib!
Just darling!.....Just like Jillian!

Megan said...

I love it! So bright and cheery! Everything is perfect!

Annie said...

WOW! I love her sweet, feminine room! We have two girls now and if we have another girl someday I will definitely do a blue, yellow, and light pink! LOVE IT!

Jen S. said...

I've followed your blog for a very long time, and absolutely LOVE it! Congrats to you on your beautiful baby. She's precious!
I think the nursery is just so cute! I love the colors and the cute pictures and everything. How sweet!
PS--I need to tell you that I think your accent is so cute! I have a North Dakota accent (that's where I grew up) so mine is much different than yours! I sound like the people in the movie Fargo! Ha ha! But yours is sweet!
Anyhow, congrats again on your precious new baby! She's a doll!

Chuck, Nancy, and Cal said...

Love it all! COngratulations! Where did you get Jillian's adorabel onesie? We think our babygirl might need one too!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

The room came out beautiful, I love the fabrics!

And she... is precious! What a blessing!

John and Riley said...

What a precious room - fit for a doll! :)

Dreamin' Daisies said...

I have read your blog for a while (I actually go to church with you, too!)and I am delurking myself. :) What a SWEET, SWEET room! How precious... and I love the birds! Your girl will love being in there. So peaceful and sweet! We had our little girl in July and we just can't get enough of the girly stuff around our house. :)

I have a question for you. I know you did Babywise with Brody and I have some cry it out questions. It is KILLING ME. For real! When you have some time - and I know it is precious these days - I would love to get some insight from you. My email is we3stegalls@cox.net. Another perspective would be so helpful.

Congrats on your little one... she is adorable!

Tiffany

Katie said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog. I'm 31 weeks pregnant with a little girl, and we're doing a bird-theme, too. Jillian's room is absolutely beautiful!! I love all the little details! Congratulations, too! :)

Cori said...

Her room is beautiful! And I love the picture of her; she's so precious.

Evie Kate and Family! said...

I love Jillian's nursery!! Oh so cute! I love reading your blog everyday and seeing all the fun things that your family is doing, brody is so handsome and Jillian is just too sweet!
I really love the wall color in her nursery, do you mind telling me the name of the paint you used? I would love to find it. Thank you!

Kwbeach@gmail.com

Blessings,

Katie

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

What a sweet room!!

Lisa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her room! You did such a great job. She is so sweet, I could eat her right up!!! Will you come visit Leah PLEASE so I can!? HA!

Jennifer said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! You did an amazing job. We also have had to buy very little clothes for our little girl and she still has a wardrobe bigger than anyone else in the family. Isn't it just so fun??? :) Congratulations again!

JESSICA said...

I immediately clicked on this because my daughter is also named Jilian Cate...but obviously spelled differently. She is the same age as Kelly's Harper. :)
Your nursery is beautiful. So peaceful and the colors all coordinate very nicely. Great job!!

JULIE said...

I totally love Jillian's nursery..

Taylor said...

So peaceful!!

ashia said...

i love this! that fabric is beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Love the artowrk and the curtains... so cute!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

What a sweet nursery! I found you through Kelly's Korner & I am your newest follower. I love the colors of her room, they remind me of my Kate's room. Congrats on your new baby Jillian, what a cutie!

Terrell said...

Seriously couldn't be any more precious!!! Love love it!! You did an amazing job, girly! I'm visiting from Kelly's Korner and I just love your blog! I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Have a darling day!
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

~Shelly~ said...

Aw it doesnt get sweeter than that!