Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of MDO

Today was Brody's first day of Mother's Day Out for the semester. He has been going to MDO for a year and a half, but today was his first day back after the summer break. We went last week to meet his teachers for the year. He loved his classroom because they had a riding tractor, a tricycle (he calls it a bicycle) and a riding airplane. The boy was in heaven! I told him this morning he was going back to church to the classroom with the tractor and he got very excited! He even grabbed his lunch box and my keys and waited at the door for me. :) When we got to church, he ran into his classroom and never looked back at me. No kiss goodbye. No wave. No "bye momma". Not even a hand shake! Ha! Honestly, I was so thankful he made it so easy. I signed him in and then went and got in my car where I immediately began crying. You would think this would not be that hard for me since this is his 3rd "First day" of MDO! Ha! Of course, it wasn't any easier. I didn't cry because I was leaving him or because I was worried about him. I cried because when I was leaving the church I looked back in his room and realized how quickly he was growing. I just cannot believe how big he is now. I cannot believe he is about to be two years old in 3 weeks and that he is also about to be my 'big baby'. The most overwhelming feeling when I looked back in his room was that I just cannot believe how much I love him. I had NO idea it was even possible to love someone the way I love him. Well, all those feeling mixed with pregnancy hormones did me in as I drove away in my car. :)My mom works in the office at the church where Brody attends MDO. Around 10 she called to tell me that Brody had a little breakdown while playing and started crying for me. I felt so bad for him but she called me back a few minutes later and said he was just fine again. When I went to pick him up this afternoon this was the comment on his sheet."He cried for "momma" for about 10 minutes today-loved on him and gave him his passy until he settled-then took passy away and he did great the rest of the day." I'm so glad it was short lived!
Brody also has to take a nap on a cot this year and not in a crib. They have to stay on their cot and not be disruptive during nap time. Oh my! I was so nervous about this but today when I went to pick him up the kids had just woken-up from their naps and Brody was still sitting very still and quiet on his cot. He waited until I walked over to his cot to get him before he got off of it. I have no idea what they did to make him stay so still but I would like to know! Ha!

Finally, here is a little video of Brody telling us about his day! He is just so precious to us!

22 comments:

Lisa said...

Brody is so adorable. I just love to hear him talk. I LOVE Jillian's curtains by the way.

Katie K. said...

He is just precious! I love his little voice and personality!

Mommarazzi said...

I just love his mohawk!

Lisa said...

I also can not believe that you will get to meet Jillian in a little over a week. It's amazing!!! Early congrats and as always I will keep you two in my prayers.

The Conway's said...

He doesn't look like a baby anymore...he's such a little man!! He's adorable :)

Cherry Berry said...

I just love watching his videos! He is precious!

Anne said...

Oh my goodness, he's precious! Loved hearing him talk about his "big tractor" fun. And how he cried for "mama?" Too adorable! Love Jillian's room!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

You did such a good job of summing up all of the emotions/reasons that make us mommies cry when it is drop off time. I am sure if my kids ever get well that I won't be able to leave the parking lot for like an hour because I won't be able to see through the tears!

Sarah Wyland said...

He is just such a doll! I adore how he says bicycle. I kept hoping he'd say it again. :)

Lauren said...

Aw , he looks so big and grown up!!!! So glad he had a great first day!!! :)

Amanda M. said...

SO SO cute.

Ari said...

I love your accent. It reminds me of Maci from MTV's Teen Mom

Brown Girl said...

He is just so cute, I love his little voice, the way he said "momma" is just so precious!!

The Rohman Family said...

Oh, yes! My eyes teared up over your comment about how overwhelming it is to love a child so, so, so much. I am so thankful for the love that God gives us to share with our children.

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

What a cute video!! I'm glad he did so well at MDO!

Mary Madeline said...

Oh My!! That Brody is so cute!!!!

Beth said...

he is so cute! :)

Jessica said...

His vocabulary is incredible! I love it! : )

Kelly said...

I LOVE Brody! He is the cutest little boy I've ever seen.

And Harper's class sleeps on cots and she still needs milk at home before a nap so it is a HUGE mystery how they get her to sleep every time on a cot with no milk. I haven't asked yet but I intend to - they must have magic wands.

beachmom25 said...

He is absolutely precious!!

Sara said...

He just couldn't be any cuter!

Isn't it funny how they stay on their cots? My daughter is 13 months old and they sleep on cots in her room at daycare. She sits there so quietly! Amazing...

Patty said...

Brody is quite the heartbreaker already!!! He is just precious! Can't wait to see who Jillian looks like! We're excited for you! Wishing you the best with her delivery!!!

Patty from TX